• Sep 27th, 2018 1:51 pm
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10231 posts
16228 upvotes
Scarborough

RedFlagDeals Has Been Acquired by VerticalScope

The team at RedFlagDeals.com is thrilled to announce that RFD has been acquired by VerticalScope. VerticalScope is a Toronto-based organization focusing on websites and online communities. Every member of the team at RedFlagDeals.com will continue to work on RFD under VerticalScope, and we’re all very excited for the new opportunities in our future.

VerticalScope and RedFlagDeals.com are both highly focused on communities and passions and we’re delighted to be joining forces. VerticalScope loves how passionate and engaged RFD users are about deals, shopping, and saving!

What will change for RFD?
Nothing – the same team of employees and moderators will continue to work on RedFlagDeals.com. We do want to prioritize correcting the intermittent 504 issues some users have been experiencing but we are not planning on making changes to the front end of the website. The community you know and love is here to stay.

Wasn’t RFD acquired once before?
Yes – RFD was previously acquired by Yellow Pages in February, 2010. Today’s acquisition transfers the ownership of RFD from Yellow Pages to VerticalScope.

Will I need to make a new account to use RFD?
No. You will continue to use your existing log-in to post on RedFlagDeals.com.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
218 replies
Aug 18, 2013
280 posts
132 upvotes
AB
yikes i hope the abhorrent design changes and mobile site garbage that befell menstennisforums doesn't happen here. It's been months and the site still isn't functional with the classic theme
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15897 posts
605 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Congrats saw this on my twitter feed
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
2311 posts
3267 upvotes
Laval
I wonder what Derek is thinking of this deal
Toronto (Ontario), August 21, 2018 — VerticalScope Inc. announced today that it has entered into
an agreement to acquire the assets related to RedFlagDeals.com from a subsidiary of Yellow Pages
Limited (TSX: Y) for a value of CAD $12 million. Closing of the transaction should occur on August
22, 2018.
Also of July 28, 2015, VerticalScope Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Torstar Corporation.
Torstar Corp., which publishes the Toronto Star, has acquired a 56 per cent stake in digital media company VerticalScope Holdings Inc., for $200 million, the company announced Wednesday.

VerticalScope owns and operates more than 600 online forums and premium content sites across North America, including AutoGuide.com, PetGuide.com, Motorcycle.com and ATV.com
Last edited by 2Riskit on Aug 21st, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sep 11, 2011
435 posts
312 upvotes
Toronto
Awesome! Glad we get to keep the same team too. Cheers to more success!
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15897 posts
605 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Its been awhile, but does anyone remember how much Derek got when he was bought out the first time?
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
1481 posts
842 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Congrats! Free iPhone X's for all!
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | Koodo 40/6 [paying 15] | Fido Data 15/3 [paying 7.50 - Free GPad] 🢀
Mar 13, 2012
630 posts
273 upvotes
Near You
Congratulations sellout. Posting restrictions and microtransaction-gated Hot Deals section coming in the next announcement.

See 1 "Hot Deals" thread per day. Get your full monthly membership only $19.99!
Last edited by mistytalon on Aug 21st, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
💳✈️🌍 American Express Platinum+Gold+Cobalt (Free First-Class Travel)| Scotiabank Passport (0% Foreign Exchange)
💰 Tangerine (Free Daily Banking) | HSBC Premier | EQ Bank
📞 Fido 10GB/60$ 📱 Fido 3GB/15$ 🖥️ Novus 1GIG/60$
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
6379 posts
2331 upvotes
North York
Nice to see a change. Yellow Pages has not been doing much.
Hopefully VerticalScope will take this to a higher level.
Congrats!
Mar 23, 2008
51 posts
2 upvotes
whaaa I didn't know yellow pages owned you guys for the longest time. doh
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1318 posts
703 upvotes
Now let us all hope Torstar doesn't drag the site down with its bloated carcass!

Honestly though hope you guys all the best, I literally don't know any other deal site but this and it's all I go to!
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.