RedFlagDeals Has Been Acquired by VerticalScope

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2018 1:51 pm
Jul 11, 2018
126 posts
137 upvotes
Shaner wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2018 10:32 pm
Careful what you wish for. The grass is always greener on the other side. There's many other forums out there that don't allow half of what is allowed here, and in fact, many other forums would have banned you for this comment alone. That's not how we operate though. We respect others opinions, even if we disagree.
Thank you for clarifying the grass is greener on the other side especially when it comes to your mod team.

There are probably zero forums that allow less than this forum does. It has archaic design and mods way too touchy. It’s the year 2018, we barely even need you guys yet you guys are here way too hands on.

I’ve been to countless forums and this one has the worst mods. Mods can’t handle debate or discussion.
Feb 11, 2018
828 posts
671 upvotes
I'm new here, so I know little about mods. But I think it would help if someone could be a mod for a limited amount of time. Like 2 or 3 years. Not as long as one wishes to be a mod.
Paying less is only half the equation. The other half is buying less... ;)
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
3984 posts
711 upvotes
Kitchener
softech wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2018 12:14 pm
but on desktop.. if you want to search within a particular board (like Hot Deal) you can go to a particular one and search..

on app.. no matter where to go.. you need to go to advance and pick the boards you want to limited to.. very troublesome
I'd rather be able to easily select "show threads" and "search in thread titles only."
This space is intentionally left blank.
Temp. Banned
Apr 13, 2016
747 posts
487 upvotes
The moderation team will eventually lead to this site's downfall, imo. They discourage criticism of bad deal threads and delete comments that call out poor posting. When you call them out on this, their reasoning is illogical and emotionally driven.
[Inappropriate signature]
[OP]
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
9757 posts
14786 upvotes
Scarborough
snipzy wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 4:13 pm
The moderation team will eventually lead to this site's downfall, imo. They discourage criticism of bad deal threads and delete comments that call out poor posting. When you call them out on this, their reasoning is illogical and emotionally driven.
Constructive criticism is more than welcome in any deal thread. Simply telling users to stop posting because you didn't think the deal they shared was good is a whole different story. I'm sorry that you feel we should allow mean spirited comments in threads you don't personally feel are good but that's not the way we want to run the website.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Temp. Banned
Apr 13, 2016
747 posts
487 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
Sep 6th, 2018 6:44 pm
Constructive criticism is more than welcome in any deal thread. Simply telling users to stop posting because you didn't think the deal they shared was good is a whole different story. I'm sorry that you feel we should allow mean spirited comments in threads you don't personally feel are good but that's not the way we want to run the website.

You're telling me 5 infraction points for 180 days is deserved for telling a user with very few posts and 11 downvotes not to post. LOL.

Good luck with your site. It's better to just not post here if this is how sensitive the mods are. My posting history is nothing but helping people. No more, cause it's not worth it.
Last edited by MrDisco on Sep 6th, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unnecessary
Temp. Banned
Apr 13, 2016
747 posts
487 upvotes
Look, a mod just edited my post showing what my post was that gave me an infraction and my link to the original post. It wasn't even bad. This is exactly what I'm talking about. You have a moderation problem.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2005
4354 posts
481 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
I just came across this thread.
I have been on RFD a long time - don't have any problems at all with the mods - I think they do a great job.

As to the sale to VerticalScope ... that gives me much more of a headache.
I have used other forums that were great (like RFD) until VerticalScope purchased them and then things went downhill very fast.
Hope this does not happen here.
Mar 6, 2012
657 posts
135 upvotes
Does this mean that people from Québec will finally be able to participate in RFD contests? I might start visiting and contributing to this site again if so!
krs wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 8:42 pm
I just came across this thread.
I have been on RFD a long time - don't have any problems at all with the mods - I think they do a great job.

As to the sale to VerticalScope ... that gives me much more of a headache.
I have used other forums that were great (like RFD) until VerticalScope purchased them and then things went downhill very fast.
Hope this does not happen here.
Yeah, I used to be an admin on a site that was purchased by them and I really hope that they care more about this site than they did ours because it would usually take them forever to answer questions we asked them. The community changed so much due to their inaction and not caring that I ended up "quitting" my responsibilities and haven't visited that community in years!