Site Comments & Suggestions

RedFlagDeals has been hacked. Database dump.

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2017 1:40 pm
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
7552 posts
12216 upvotes
Scarborough
oconnorm wrote:
Jan 17th, 2017 7:42 pm
Approximately how backed up are the administrators, with communicating with affected users? I am aware of one user whose leaked credentials were exploited and resulted in his getting banned. If you want to make absolutely sure your website goes under, just keep ignoring the people you screwed over with your "security."
Less than 24 hours now. If you sent in an inquiry older than that and haven't heard back send me a PM with your email address and I'll check to see what happened.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2003
7359 posts
267 upvotes
Edmonton
Well that was awful - After I reset my password and got the temp one - a hacker accessed my account and changed the email address and password. Then the hacker went and posted Gift Cards for sale and was responding to PMs from people inquiring!!

Somehow I was able to get in my account (had stay logged in on my laptop) so I responded to the members that had PM saying my account was hacked. However the hacker was there!! They deleted my sent PMs warning users (not sure if the sent pm gets deleted from the recipient side as well, I think it does even it if isn't read which is bad!) and even deleted my post in this thread and the BST one saying my account was hacked!! Then they started to reply to incoming PM and deleting them right away so I wouldn't see them and couldn't respond to warn the user!

As they had changed the email and password, I couldn't re-take over my account, but I reported the the BST post and WordIRC took it down a bit later, and after PM TomRFD and emailing Support RFD they got it sorted out after two days!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
6830 posts
1970 upvotes
Toronto
Risky!
Hellfire wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 1:57 pm
Well that was awful - After I reset my password and got the temp one - a hacker accessed my account and changed the email address and password. Then the hacker went and posted Gift Cards for sale and was responding to PMs from people inquiring!!

Somehow I was able to get in my account (had stay logged in on my laptop) so I responded to the members that had PM saying my account was hacked. However the hacker was there!! They deleted my sent PMs warning users (not sure if the sent pm gets deleted from the recipient side as well, I think it does even it if isn't read which is bad!) and even deleted my post in this thread and the BST one saying my account was hacked!! Then they started to reply to incoming PM and deleting them right away so I wouldn't see them and couldn't respond to warn the user!

As they had changed the email and password, I couldn't re-take over my account, but I reported the the BST post and WordIRC took it down a bit later, and after PM TomRFD and emailing Support RFD they got it sorted out after two days!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2004
1117 posts
354 upvotes
Whitby
Hellfire wrote:

Wow, that's scary. Do you think they have access to your e-mail account and saw the incoming plain text temp password and used that to access your account?!

-Jamie M.
Home server: http://ywax.us
Speedtest: Image
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2003
7359 posts
267 upvotes
Edmonton
toysareforboys wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 3:34 pm
Wow, that's scary. Do you think they have access to your e-mail account and saw the incoming plain text temp password and used that to access your account?!

-Jamie M.
No, I have two step verification on for my email, but given how weak RFD security is I wouldn't be surprised if they found another exploit.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2005
3723 posts
4 upvotes
Markham Toronto area
Same thing happened to me last week. My posts on their gift card thread and messages to warn people were all deleted. This scammer knows their way around, deleting traces of correspondence so the owner of the account wouldn't catch on right away. Targeting those of us with high feedback using our reputation to scam others. After replying these buyers to warn them, one of the buyers asked me how come the message disappeared from his inbox, what is going on. I then realized because the hacker had admin access they are able to delete threads and messages from people's inbox. Eventually they got smarter and started deleting all messages sent to these buyers and changed my password so I couldn't do anything about it. It's a good wake up call, but seriously these people need to get a life.

Hellfire wrote:

Oct 22, 2006
638 posts
355 upvotes
Ontario
Hellfire wrote:

I'd like to see an Admin's response to this. As far as I can see, there are only 3 possibilities in in this instance:

1) Hellfire's email is compromised and he doesn't know it.
2) RFD has been "hacked" since they forced the login with reset passwords.
3) Hellfire has a keylogger on his computer and doesn't know it.

How else would the "hacker" be able to access his account after the reset password email was sent out? I'm strongly leaning towards #3 actually. Hellfire, I think you need to wipe your computer!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2003
7359 posts
267 upvotes
Edmonton
dollarsign wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 1:56 am
I'd like to see an Admin's response to this. As far as I can see, there are only 3 possibilities in in this instance:

1) Hellfire's email is compromised and he doesn't know it.
2) RFD has been "hacked" since they forced the login with reset passwords.
3) Hellfire has a keylogger on his computer and doesn't know it.

How else would the "hacker" be able to access his account after the reset password email was sent out? I'm strongly leaning towards #3 actually. Hellfire, I think you need to wipe your computer!
Ran a keylogger detector + Spybot Search & Destroy - Nothing found
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28715 posts
915 upvotes
Fernando Po
toysareforboys wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 2:47 am
adwcleaner show up any services? https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdown ... dwcleaner/

-Jamie M.
I've lost all faith in Malwarebytes products. This thing just locks up my computer after it gets done "cleaning". MBs, both new and old versions, give me BSOD.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
7305 posts
1933 upvotes
hagbard wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 9:31 am
I've lost all faith in Malwarebytes products. This thing just locks up my computer after it gets done "cleaning". MBs, both new and old versions, give me BSOD.
Version 3.05 is buggy, but on 4 different computers, I do not get BSODs nor freezing.

Try contacting them: https://support.malwarebytes.com/custom ... emails/new
Please do not PM me for assistance unless it's to reply to a PM I sent. I try to help when I can on the forums. Thank you. OBi200/202 Freephoneline setup guide can be found here (v. 1.27). Related OBi200 discussion can be found here. For OBi202, click here.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28715 posts
915 upvotes
Fernando Po
Webslinger wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 4:58 pm
Version 3.05 is buggy, but on 4 different computers, I do not get BSODs nor freezing.

Try contacting them: https://support.malwarebytes.com/custom ... emails/new
I've already done that. They blame Windows 10. I also have it on another computer and works fine there....its likely a conflict with another program on this system. Also regret buying the program given that on my third computer (three computer license) it won't accept the key.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Jan 13, 2017
5 posts
TomRFD wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 1:19 pm
Less than 24 hours now. If you sent in an inquiry older than that and haven't heard back send me a PM with your email address and I'll check to see what happened.
So much for that claim. 24 hours after I sent a PM and no reply.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel