Site Comments & Suggestions

RedFlagDeals has been hacked. Database dump.

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2017 1:40 pm
Oct 1, 2005
951 posts
288 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
TomRFD wrote:
Jan 28th, 2017 6:49 pm
I just checked and I don't see any support requests coming in from your email, montward's email or anything containing "montward". When you sent in your requests did you receive an auto reply notifying you your request has been received? Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help you out.
Thank you to Tom and Moderator "WorldIRC" for your assistance in restoring my RFD Montward profile. I was able to access my account with a new temp password received by email however, I am now unable to change my password to a permanent one. When I enter a new password and confirm it by re-typing it in the second block, then, enter my temp password I get an error message saying my new password is the same as my old password (which it is not) and that my current password entered is incorrect. Any advice on how I can successfully change my password? I have tried this several times and entered the temp password correctly.

Thanks again
Last edited by montward on Jan 29th, 2017 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 5, 2012
9 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote:
Open a ticket up using our contact us page. We don't handle delete requests through the forum.
Not going to tell you twice. Open a ticket yourself if it is necessary. I want all my information gone from your databases because I don't think you have the technical capability to keep it safe.

I am out; this website died a long time ago and will never come back. You have no reason to retain personal information like my email address or the financial information connected with the cash back program.

If you want to retain it, you are legally obliged to explain why you need to do that. And, on a related point, leaving our emails and passwords wide open for years, is effectively "disclosure" in terms of PIPEDA.

"Organizations can only collect personal information that is appropriate for the specific transaction; they must explain why they need the information, what it will be used for, whether they plan to disclose it to anyone else and must obtain consent for this use and disclosure. "
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2010
6775 posts
1195 upvotes
Toronto
Hm... Maybe this explains the massive amount of spam recently. I've been hacked on myspace? lol, I wasn't even a member... So much for this pwd
t3359 wrote:
May 13th, 2016 9:56 am
...The magic eight ball would randomly say things and logic would never work. The eight ball is just a gimmick and a waste of time and effort. So equivalently, there is no possibility to "debate" you.
Feb 3, 2017
1 posts
TomRFD wrote:
When you sent in your requests did you receive an auto reply notifying you your request has been received?
I just found this thread, and since I sent an email to support yesterday, and didn't get a response, I'm looking for help here. I've created a new account to facilitate that, as I would like access to my old account.

I've been a member since 2009, but have no idea what email address I used to sign up with. None of the ones I've tried are the right one, meaning I can't reset my password and access my account. So, can an admin assist? My initial username was/is Indebted. The email I sent to support yesterday (and to the webmaster) was from L****H*****@rogers.com. If that doesn't help, please PM me (assuming I can send/receive PMs with a new account.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3407 posts
821 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
Jan 27th, 2017 4:40 pm
It's been going on for a long time but in the past 1-2 years got a lot worse. It's the reason why we end up black listing a lot of these overseas retailers. If more users would report this activity to us we'd be able to stop them a lot faster.
It's sad that someone would sell their account.

But then again not getting a wage increase for 10 years while the price of EVERYTHING has gone up leads people to do things they may not have thought they ever would.

:rolleyes: If RFD properly vetted members to ensure that they were in the $100K club prior to signup we wouldn't have this issue. Winking Face
Dec 5, 2012
9 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
@TomRFD I know you are busy but kindly just action this; should not take you too long as it is an inbuilt function of the forum software you are using.
oconnorm wrote:
Jan 29th, 2017 9:26 am
Not going to tell you twice. Open a ticket yourself if it is necessary. I want all my information gone from your databases because I don't think you have the technical capability to keep it safe.

You have no reason to retain personal information like my email address or the financial information connected with the cash back program.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel