• May 21st, 2008 10:11 am
Tags:
None
Oct 25, 2007
171 posts
1 upvote
Montreal

Redtag.ca

Has anyone booked plane tickets through the site before? Are they reliable? what is their customer service like? i found some interesting prices for flights from montreal to Los angeles (569$) and to honolulu (899$ tax included) considering the fact that other site give much higher price at this time of the year.
3 replies
Jan 6, 2008
28 posts
3 upvotes
I would also like to know if this site is reliable. I'm looking at an Air Canada flight from toronto to Las Vegas. Redtag.ca has there ticket prices $500 cheaper then the Air Canada website. How do they do it?

Every other site like expedia, orbitz, etc have the same price as the air canada site.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2003
1266 posts
69 upvotes
Edmonton
I booked Vegas via redtag a couple weeks ago. Yes, I found the prices better than the bigger sites and with more time/price configuration and options.

The only problem I had was that some flight configurations listed were not available for finializing. I called them and they explained that the web site lag a bit behind the real time inventory of the airlines. So even though it shows up on the price list, your deal is not done until you can finalize the web order.

Customer phone support was very good.. Not too long wait time.
Within 24 hours of web booking I received my airline locator number and was able to access my reservation with Delta Airline web site.

Also, I noticed that the only other site that was cheaper is travel222, however their web booking is not as stable.

A tip that I would have for booking a flight with connection in the states is that the seats on connecting flight at the US Hub airport often change in avialbility as airline releases or withhold seat between price categories according to demand. So keep an eye on the price. With in 2 days I saw my price go up $90 and down $60. But it's always the luck of the draw.
May 14, 2008
9 posts
Waterloo
bzzztobee wrote:
May 15th, 2008 12:46 am
Has anyone booked plane tickets through the site before? Are they reliable? what is their customer service like? i found some interesting prices for flights from montreal to Los angeles (569$) and to honolulu (899$ tax included) considering the fact that other site give much higher price at this time of the year.
I'm not sure about redtag, but I know that itravel2000 is very reliable. Also, if you find that redtag has a cheaper price than itravel2000, itravel2000 will match the price for you, maybe even beat it.
× < >