Refund after 30 days possible?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2011 1:08 am
[OP]
Oct 28, 2007
3 posts
Montreal

Refund after 30 days possible?

Anyone know how i can get a refund after 90 days for an electronic item bought at futureshop? I simply forgot to return it on time. It's for a Boxee Box by D-Link. I've put ads up on craigslist and kijiji (not getting fair offers), and may put one up on ebay. Any other ideas on how to return it? Theoritically speaking can manufacturer make a refund if item becomes defective before 1 year policy runs out?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
2057 posts
1462 upvotes
Unlikely. Future Shop is pretty tight about their 30 day policy.

Also, no, the manufacturer will not refund you. If the item becomes defective within the 1 year warranty period, they'll repair or replace it, not refund you.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
Not likely to happen. If you were a couple of days over they may have done it but you are months over the limit.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
11499 posts
2525 upvotes
Drop your price and take a hit. Lesson learned.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
210 upvotes
Surrey
esebag wrote: Anyone know how i can get a refund after 90 days for an electronic item bought at futureshop? I simply forgot to return it on time. It's for a Boxee Box by D-Link. I've put ads up on craigslist and kijiji (not getting fair offers), and may put one up on ebay. Any other ideas on how to return it? Theoritically speaking can manufacturer make a refund if item becomes defective before 1 year policy runs out?

It's not the manufacturer's fault, nor is it that of the retailer, that you 'forgot to return it on time'. You're past the retailer's generous return policy, so the item is (rightly so) not refundable. Either keep the item, donate it, or drop your price if you want to sell it.

Good luck.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14225 posts
1113 upvotes
esebag wrote: Anyone know how i can get a refund after 90 days for an electronic item bought at futureshop? I simply forgot to return it on time. It's for a Boxee Box by D-Link. I've put ads up on craigslist and kijiji (not getting fair offers), and may put one up on ebay. Any other ideas on how to return it? Theoritically speaking can manufacturer make a refund if item becomes defective before 1 year policy runs out?

No you're ****ed.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.