• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2019 4:59 am
[OP]
Oct 12, 2016
556 posts
140 upvotes

Regarding Stroller advice to bring in flight

Thanks.
Last edited by frendzpz on Jan 13th, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
7170 posts
3175 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
First step: go to airline website and read their conditions and restrictions on strollers

Most major airlines will allow stroller gate check at major airports, but this is also dependent on the size of the stroller as well. If anything you will more than likely be able to check the stroller with the luggage free of charge. Again, check your airline's website, or call their customer service.

No major tips... just bring lots of snacks and activity books/tablets or whatever to preoccupy the child since this is gonna be a long haul flight.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
4805 posts
406 upvotes
Victoria
Depending on the age of your children I'd recommend a very cheap umbrella stroller you don't care about. They aren't gentle with them! I've never run into an airline that doesn't gate check them for free but double check.

The most important thing is plan for delays in terms of food and activities if possible. It's hard internationally obviously but check out the food vendors on the airport websites before hand and see what's available.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5218 posts
831 upvotes
Our Mountain Buggy Nano has been around the world. It's light and small and can take the abuse. I've seen people take their giant BOB and Bugaboo Camelons. It's funny looking at them struggling with their giant car seat and their 25kg stroller while we walk by with our 3kg Nano and 5kg car seat.
↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A, START

There are no apostrophes in plurals! "I have 1000 posts" = correct. "I have 1000 post's" = incorrect!
Could've, would've, should've. It's simple English, people!
Voila: French, meaning "There it is!" or "Look!" Viola: A medium-sized stringed instrument Wala: An island of Vanuatu.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
24495 posts
10831 upvotes
Ottawa
dealguy2 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2019 7:08 pm
Depending on the age of your children I'd recommend a very cheap umbrella stroller you don't care about. They aren't gentle with them! I've never run into an airline that doesn't gate check them for free but double check.

The most important thing is plan for delays in terms of food and activities if possible. It's hard internationally obviously but check out the food vendors on the airport websites before hand and see what's available.
+1, get an umbrella stroller.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
1842 posts
383 upvotes
THORNHILL
Just buy a cheap one (and return it if you can).
I've had three international flights with A/C, Air transat and TAP and they've replaced my stroller twice as they destroyed it beyond repair.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7073 posts
4561 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
durrsak wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 1:53 pm
Just buy a cheap one (and return it if you can).
I've had three international flights with A/C, Air transat and TAP and they've replaced my stroller twice as they destroyed it beyond repair.
Return it to WHO ?
And WHY ?

If you are suggesting that someone buys an item, uses the item, and then returns the item
“Just because ... “

Honestly that’s no better than stealing said item
It’s downright fraud

And we all wonder what the worlds coming to...
It’s this
A lack of ethics & moral conscience
:rolleyes:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)