• Nov 8th, 2012 8:32 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 22, 2010
481 posts
56 upvotes

Regency Fitness Kipling/Queensway Mall

Has anyone seen or been the this location? I'm trying to find information online but have come up with nothing. I need information on when its opening and the costs for 1 month. Thanks.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2005
2645 posts
44 upvotes
Bay Area
I'd like to know this too. Premier Fitness used to advertise this gym as its newest gym (supposed to be completed in June) then it fell of the face of the map. Completely vanished off of the website.
[OP]
May 22, 2010
481 posts
56 upvotes
Is it part of Primer Fitness?

I thought it was a different company. I can only find a website for there location in Brampton.
Jan 26, 2007
160 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Anyone have luck finding them?

Theyve been debiting my account since December. That would be fine if i ever signed up with them - except I never did. Something tells me my old Premier membership is coming back to haunt me.
Jun 25, 2012
1 posts
NORTH YORK
I joined Premier Fitness last year. I signed on for a Silver membership which included 24 training sessions + I bought an additional 24 training sessions. To this day, i've only done about 16 sessions TOTAL because my trainers kept changing, some stood me up, & others weren't getting paid by the company. It also included a 12 week meal plan and i only got 6 weeks - please note that they don't even take into considerations and foods you put on the Don't like/Allergic to list - so wasn't impressed there. Plus, the pool was out of service more often than it was open. I sent messages to the club (Atwell location) and head office, but no one replies. Then out of nowhere, I got an email from the new President of Regency (from a generic customer service email) wanting me to sign up for a new full year membership (Regency took over Premier - the name has gone back and forth for some years now).

Anyways....going to call Julie back (I was told she doesn't have email - who doesn't have email, seriously?!?) and see what she can do to fix this huge problem. Join again...yeah, i don't think so!
Nov 4, 2009
4 posts
Thanks for posting this and letting all the rest of us 'suckers' know that we are not the only ones to get rooked.
I joined on a promotion from my job (not related to fitness - just a promotion for employees they offered us).
It was my birthday gift to myself.
I went for the first 3 days, on the 4th day when I walked in (Atwell location) everyone was getting handed a letter saying that on Friday, the Gym would close it doors at 3pm.
I basically got a whole 4 days of my membership. !!!!
The pool was NEVER open - the pool was one of the MAIN reasons i joined, was told they are replacing a pump in it and it would be open in a few days !
I did a little research and found out that the guy who owns Premier did not like to pay - anyone- including the rent on the buildings. another company by the name of Physio-med (I am pretty sure that is the name but I could be wrong), according to Premier, bought out the clubs and would operate them and the physio shop in the clubs (chiro, orthodics etc), however Premier told me that at the last second, they went back on their agreement and would not run the clubs which is why they had to close. Never told me that the same guy also is involved with the Physio place - surprise surprise ! That is what the people at Premier on Atwell told me on the last day.
Pretty un-nerving trying to work out with guys in suits running around, measuring floor space, looking at machines, looking at what looked like sales/lease brochures.....
Really got me mad, especially the lies and the B.S.
Not surprised that this Julie does not have an email - I wouldn't want one either with all the angry people they stole money from getting hold of her.
Good luck, I hope you get your money back or some sort of re-imbursement.
Keep us posted !
× < >