Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
1382 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto

Registering a business name in Ontario

I want to register a business name and I was on this Service Ontario website https://www.ibsa.serviceontario.ca/ibsa ... andServlet
I'm kind of lost here. Do I have to pay $8 to see if someone has the business name I want? And do I have to pay per search? If so, is there some other way to bypass this search because I cannot afford it.
4 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
If you cannot afford $8 then you might want to reconsider opening a business. There is no other way to do it. Googling names all day long to see if they are taken is far from definitive.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
2539 posts
960 upvotes
Halifax
eonibm wrote: if you cannot afford $8 then you might want to reconsider opening a business. There is no other way to do it. Googling names all day long to see if they are taken is far from definitive.
lol +1
Banned
Jul 25, 2007
797 posts
48 upvotes
Richmond Hell
eonibm wrote: If you cannot afford $8 then you might want to reconsider opening a business. There is no other way to do it. Googling names all day long to see if they are taken is far from definitive.
You're making it seem like it $8 and thats it when its $8 per search. This will obviously add up
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
2539 posts
960 upvotes
Halifax
fromunda kid wrote: You're making it seem like it $8 and thats it when its $8 per search. This will obviously add up
I think he's pointing to the fact that if OP can't figure out how to get through this $8 search problem of his, then going into business might not be the best idea right now since he's likely to face way more complex/expensive problems than this one while running a business. It's not a good sign when you see a question like this posted on an online forum by a potential entreprenuer... but hey, I'm sure he has a strong business plan in order already right?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)