Home & Garden

Reliance Home Comfort --- home service plan SUCKS!!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 22nd, 2017 7:40 am
Tags:
None
Jul 14, 2012
243 posts
61 upvotes
Hamilton
CoreyW536977 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 9:29 pm
I'm not sure which Reliance you are talking about but Reliance Home Comfort uses no sub contractors. I don't have any affiliation with them but I have been in the service business for many, many years. There are what we call .....the 5 percenters. No matter how hard you try or bend over backwards for, will not be happy. Probably 2 percent of those are the screamers. They will concoct the must absurd, distorted story's just to be heard. You would have to ask a psychologist to do a work up on that. For sure some some sort of borderline personality disorder.

All customer service companies out there will do any reasonable thing possible to make a happy customer. It's just some people are beyond reason. These same people have devastating problems with eeevvvvryyyy single company they deal with. Their own personal relationships are also in tatters. Conflict with everyone.

Fortunatly most companies have just come to expect the 5 percenters and even the 2 percent screamers and have to move on. Retailers, customer service providers don't lose sleep. They just go that extra mile for the reasonable remaining 95 percent making their experiences that much better.

Not sure were you got this from, but it's false. I work for them, and we use subs for any overflow on expected workload.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
1829 posts
371 upvotes
^ LOL

On a side note, their radio and tv ads work against them in my opinion
They seem way too slick and spend waaaay too much money on advertising. I would never trust a company like that.
For service period like that, I've always found the small company , even one man show, which has no advertising and is recommended by trusted friends is the best. You build a relationship with them and trust.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
2055 posts
731 upvotes
SomeOtherDude wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2017 2:35 am
^ LOL

On a side note, their radio and tv ads work against them in my opinion
They seem way too slick and spend waaaay too much money on advertising. I would never trust a company like that.
For service period like that, I've always found the small company , even one man show, which has no advertising and is recommended by trusted friends is the best. You build a relationship with them and trust.
So what is your cut-off point where the value of trust does not equal the savings you could get with someone else? Would you pay 10% more just because you trust them, 25%, 50%, 100%?
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel