• Jul 6th, 2013 3:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
16864 posts
125 upvotes
YVR
So what did happened to V&A Top 10? I haven't watched YTV in years...

lol, why don't some of you e-mail Janis Mackey Freyer and ask her if she was on YTV?
Nov 1, 2003
898 posts
stevethewheel wrote:Most famous? I thought that was PJ Jen. Aniston for those who know her today.

Yeah Phil was great. Looking back though, maybe better times ahead. Jen(ifer) went from YTV to host a horrible show at Baton, called something like Baton Master Control, anyway it was abysmal, she was solo and it didn't suit her at all, so maybe Phil's just killing time until something like Friends comes along.
haha i used to watch that! I rememer some ttc episode where they showed where the garbage goes from the subway. Pretty cool well 10 years ago it was.
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
PJ Jenn went on to host the Saturday morning block on CTV, lost track of her after that.

I don't know where the Aniston thing started up... :confused:
AloneInACrowd wrote:I remember meeting Phil at Alternative Grounds downtown, the comic store he frequented on that one comic book/video game show he used to do. I got to kick his butt in Killer Instinct :D
Saw him downtown once, he looked pissed.

I dug The Antigravity Room (but not the neurotic Gamerz), some of it was pointlessly eccentric but they gave some shine to indie books and interesting stories.
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1959 posts
7 upvotes
AGR was kind of cool... I don't think YTV does any original programming anymore though. Ah well. :lol:

And... yeah, I don't think PJ Jen was Jennifer Aniston... though, I could be wrong... but it just doesn't make sense to me. :p

It's kind of sad how a lot of these people just dropped out of existence.

Remember YTV News? Yikes.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2005
1367 posts
Desibabu3k wrote:My favourite PJ was Gord, wonder what ever happened to him?
I believe Gord was on a sci-fi show that aired on YTV before ending up on Andromeda.
Deal Guru
Oct 17, 2001
11811 posts
20 upvotes
BTW, what's a "PJ"?
What does it stand for?
From a "Family" reviewer: "We Cheer teaches coordination, enticement to lust, women being used as sex objects, and team work."

From Worthy Playing: "We Cheer is, then, for all intents and purposes, the F-Zero GX of music games. It asks for so much, yet forgives so little. It is actually so casual that it's hardcore."
Nov 12, 2003
98 posts
haha pj fresh phil was awesome! with his crazy ponytail!
hmm pj.. kinda like dj or vj but not? no idea
step into the zone!
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
4690 posts
178 upvotes
sfu_lifer wrote:BTW, what's a "PJ"?
What does it stand for?
PJ=Program Jockey

Program jockey (PJ) is a term similar to disc jockey (DJ), but used in the field of television.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
2223 posts
yes yes! PJ FRESH PHIL! brings back so many good memories! and someone did mention it but El-vaise was HILLARIOUS! :D The first Gen PJ's were dope! I did bump into him at 2 places...

1. Wal mart square one pet section back in '98 with a hot lookin chick? possibly wife? gf?
as she was holding her daughter or sumthin.

2. Bout a year before I bumped into him @ Walmart. On Yonge st, I was exiting out of HMV, and across the st, some friends and I yell It's PJ FRESH PHIL! and he was actually going up the Escalator to "ADULTS ONLY" back in the day if you guys remember that store which is now an internet cafe. He Rocked! along with the other PJ...he was a white dude? he was cool too, YTV aint that cool anymore :confused:
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
2223 posts
Oh yeah, another PJ Fresh Phil moment, Didn't he bust out his guitar and start singing songs? Hey if Phil is reading this! YOU ROCK DUDE!
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2004
4476 posts
37 upvotes
Little time-killer to make my day less mundane. If I have missed anyone. Tell me and I'll try to find them. its really interesting to see how much exposure YTV gives to Stars.. Old shows like YTV Hits! (known now as 'The Hitlist) Was hosted by the actor Ron Oliver, whose become very successful in his career...another Larisa Oleynik, who starred in "Secret World of Alex Mack", has gone on to have reoccuring roles on 3rd Rock from the Sun, starred in 10 Things I Hate About You, and other movies... Jewel Staite, who was a regular on "Whose Afraid of the Dark".. List goes on!

PJ "Jazzy" Jan (Janis Mackey-Frayer)
After YTV she was doing hourly weather forecasts on the Weather Network.
Currently working at CTV News.

PJ "Rockin" Shan (Shandra ??)
After YTV, she was seen in a Nabob coffee ad, (she was a runner in some sort of race..)...Thats all folks!

PJ Gord (Gordon Woolvett)
After being a PJ, he was a host on V&A Top 10, and had several smaller roles in TV and movies, (The boyfriend in the movie "Bride of Chucky") and is more notably known for the role he currently plays, on the show "Andromeda". He is the brother of Jaimz Woolvett, who is also an actor. (and a short-lived PJ)

PJ Ed (Shaun Majumder)
After being a PJ, he co-hosted a YTV gameshow "Clips". After its cancellation, he worked the stand-up & Improv circuit and had a part in the show "Cedric the Entertainer Presents" on Fox, which only lasted a season. He's currently a host on "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" since 2003.

PJ "Fresh" Phil (Phil Guerrero) After being a PJ, he was a host on various YTV shows, V&A Top 10, Antigravity Room, Gamez.. and then fell out of existance. Apparently he's now on some chick makeover show. (as told in the OP)

PJ Paul (Paul McGuire)
After being a PJ, he co-hosted a YTV gameshow "Clips". After its cancellation, he produced/hosted a show called eNow, which eventually evolved into eTalk Daily, broadcasting on CTV and Star!TV. He has starred small roles in movies such as "Welcome to Mooseport" and "Fever Pitch". Currently, he is the producer for the show "Sex, Toys & Chocolate", on the Life Network & a co-host of the show "Central" on CMT. His company "Cosmonaut" is also launching a clothing & Furniture line sometime late 2006.

PJ Katie/PJ Jenny (Jenny Katie Racicot)
After being a PJ, had a short-lived TV Show "PJ Katie's Farm", based off a short 5 minute skit she'd do in her PJ time. It moved from YTV onto Treehouse TV, where it was made into an animated series, and then cancelled soon after.

She moved on to work with TVOKids! as a co-host for a science show, assumed thats what shes working on now.

PJ Pat (Pat Kelly)
After being a PJ, went on to perform with the Second City Troupe. He's since made guest appearances on shows like: Just for Laughs, The Gavin Crawford Show, Jonovision, the Comedy Network's Supertown Challenge and as well, became a regular on CBC's Liquid Soap. He had a small uncredited role in the movie "Urban Legends: Final Cut" & had a lead role in the movie "Intern Academy". His latest project was a made for TV movie on the Family Network "Twitches"

PJ Aashna (Aashna Patel)
After being a PJ, went onto hosting a breakfast edition of the zone, called the "Breakfast Zone". She's also had roles voiceacting in Mech Commander games. She went on to host TV Guide's "Hollywood Insider" now appears on the Vacation Home Search on Travel Channel.

PJ Sugar (Stephanie Beard)
Currently the host of the Zone, she has her roots in voice acting, Including Rini from the Sailor Moon series, Ming from the Beyblade series, and Wishbear from the newer Care Bear Movies.

PJ Carlos (Carlos Bustamente)
Currently the co-host of the Zone, before that he was actually a Janitor at YTV, who Sugar noticed in the hall, mimicking a "PJ performance" with a couple other Janitors & a camera.
Wanna get a REAL Canadian Job?
I placed 3rd in 2011 National I.T. Hero Competition http://bit.ly/ebKrHC
Have IT Questions/Problems? PM me, I'll be happy to help!
You can visit my LinkedIn: http://ca.linkedin.com/in/jeremyhowell

Thanks for being a great community, RFD!
Banned
Apr 25, 2005
3425 posts
2 upvotes
Center of the univer…
CodecX81 wrote:Little time-killer to make my day less mundane:

PJ "Jazzy" Jan (Janis Mackey-Frayer)
After YTV she was doing hourly weather forecasts on the Weather Network.
Currently working at CTV News.

PJ Gord (Gordon Woolvett)
After being a PJ, he was a host on V&A Top 10, and had several smaller roles in TV and movies, (The boyfriend in the movie "Bride of Chucky") and is more notably known for the role he currently plays, on the show "Andromeda". He is the brother of Jaimz Woolvett, who is also an actor. (and a short-lived PJ)

PJ Ed (Shaun Majumder)
After being a PJ, he co-hosted a YTV gameshow "Clips". After its cancellation, he worked the stand-up & Improv circuit and had a part in the show "Cedric the Entertainer Presents" on Fox, which only lasted a season. He's currently a host on "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" since 2003.

PJ "Fresh" Phil (Phil Guerrero) After being a PJ, he was a host on various YTV shows, V&A Top 10, Antigravity Room, Gamez.. and then fell out of existance. Apparently he's now on some chick makeover show. (as told in the OP)

PJ Paul (Paul McGuire)
After being a PJ, he co-hosted a YTV gameshow "Clips". After its cancellation, he produced/hosted a show called eNow, which eventually evolved into eTalk Daily, broadcasting on CTV and Star!TV. He has starred small roles in movies such as "Welcome to Mooseport" and "Fever Pitch". Currently, he is the producer for the show "Sex, Toys & Chocolate, on the Life Network & a co-host of the show "Central" on CMT. His company "Cosmonaut" is also launching a clothing & Furniture line sometime late 2006.

PJ Katie/PJ Jenny (Jenny Katie Racicot)
?? not able to find any info about them after YTV :(

PJ Pat (Pat Kelly)

PJ Ashna (??)

PJ Sugar (Stephanie Beard)
Currently the host of the Zone, she has her roots in voice acting, Including Rini from the Sailor Moon series, Ming from the Beyblade series, and Wishbear from the newer Care Bear Movies.

PJ Carlos (Carlos Bustamente)
Currently the co-host of the Zone, before that he was actually a Janitor at YTV, who Sugar noticed in the hall, mimicking a "PJ performance" with a couple other Janitors & a camera.
Where did find all the info to make that report?????
So where's the info on PJ Rockin Shan? :cheesygri
Oh yeah, another PJ Fresh Phil moment, Didn't he bust out his guitar and start singing songs? Hey if Phil is reading this! YOU ROCK DUDE!
Yes I remember that. Do you remember his "Fresh Cards" segment? He used to talk show us his baseball card collection etc. Memories....
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2004
4476 posts
37 upvotes
Yaowsers wrote:Where did find all the info to make that report?????
So where's the info on PJ Rockin Shan? :cheesygri
The usual..Google, Wikipedia, imdb, personal awareness of old faces in new shows...

Rockin' Shan is up there with Ashna, Katie and Pat. :( I have seen her in something semi-recently & her full name is Shandra, but.. internets dry.

Remember the Show "Ready or not?" .. After it was cancelled, we saw the girl who played "Busy" working at a Roots Store @ Yorkdale. That was a long time ago though.
Wanna get a REAL Canadian Job?
I placed 3rd in 2011 National I.T. Hero Competition http://bit.ly/ebKrHC
Have IT Questions/Problems? PM me, I'll be happy to help!
You can visit my LinkedIn: http://ca.linkedin.com/in/jeremyhowell

Thanks for being a great community, RFD!
Mar 20, 2005
960 posts
3 upvotes
This thread sure brings back some memories.

PJ Jen is not PJ Katie nor PJ Jazzy Jan and definately not Jennifer Aniston LOL - those are four different people.

PJ Jen did go on to host some Saturday morning block on CTV after she left YTV. PJ Katie changed her on-air name to Jen afterwards. I remember she stated on tv once that when she came to YTV, there was already a PJ Jen so she used her middle name (Katie). Katie was also the one that did PJ Katie's Farm.

Liza who used to co-host V&A is now on Breakfast Television. This has been mentioned a couple of times on BT. I think they even showed a clip of her once LOL. Christa, the brunette, I think she hosted V&A before Liza, went on to broadcast the weather for the Weather Network then she disappeared. She was the co-host when I was on the show along with those two twin guys and Nick.
× < >