Remote Starter

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2018 12:41 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1038 posts
90 upvotes
GTA
A lot of the reputable car shops in Richmond Hill, Markham, or Scarborough have already been mentioned.

But if you want something closer to the west, you can try Ultra Auto Sound. Had a pretty good experience with them.
Feb 22, 2009
157 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
thats weird. i called lockdown today. they said the One way would not work with the Push to Start.. he also went on about not being able to unlock the car after so i needed the 2 way system. and when i asked about DroneMobile he was lost. what model did you get???
Dec 13, 2006
645 posts
337 upvotes
Fyi: I have absolutly no experience in this kind of stuff.

But using some info found online on my previous car on forum. I super easily installed my own remote starter using clear instruction.. And only 2 hour of my time.

I bought a Fortin bypass module + a t-harness to simplify installation. : Fortin combo

Was able to remote start my push to start g37 using the 3x lock
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2006
2057 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Still haven't heard from LOCKDOWN shop....
iPhone 2G (x2)>>IPhone 3G (x3)>>iPhone 3GS>>iPhone 4 (x2)>>Nexus One>>Nexus S (x3)>>Moto Atrix>>BB Bold>>BB curve 3G (x2)>>Samsung Galaxy S2 UK (x2)>>Samsung Galaxy S2 India>>Samsung Galaxy S2 (2)>>Palm Pre Plus>>White iPhone 4>>Nokia N95>>HTC Sensation 4G(x2)>>HP Pre 3>>Samsung Nexus (x2)>>IPhone 4S White>>Samsung Galaxy Note UK (x2)>>Nokia Lumia 710>>Samsung Galaxy S3 UK White>>HTC One X LTE White ATT>>HTC ONE X Grey UK>>HTC Wildfire S>>IPhone 5 Black
Feb 22, 2009
157 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
meus wrote: Still haven't heard from LOCKDOWN shop....
same with me, i tried there FB and sent a felt like i was talking to a child. and the website chat it worse. I did speak to someone but he was confused about my
questions and made me confused also.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2006
2057 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
moltender wrote: same with me, i tried there FB and sent a felt like i was talking to a child. and the website chat it worse. I did speak to someone but he was confused about my
questions and made me confused also.
I did receive a call yesterday after this post was posted, I was driving and barely could hear the guy speaking. All I know they are book until the 25 of Nov or Dec not sure. He mention weekday is easier than weekend. He quoted me 275 dollars only to install since I am bringing in my Pro Start from CT.
iPhone 2G (x2)>>IPhone 3G (x3)>>iPhone 3GS>>iPhone 4 (x2)>>Nexus One>>Nexus S (x3)>>Moto Atrix>>BB Bold>>BB curve 3G (x2)>>Samsung Galaxy S2 UK (x2)>>Samsung Galaxy S2 India>>Samsung Galaxy S2 (2)>>Palm Pre Plus>>White iPhone 4>>Nokia N95>>HTC Sensation 4G(x2)>>HP Pre 3>>Samsung Nexus (x2)>>IPhone 4S White>>Samsung Galaxy Note UK (x2)>>Nokia Lumia 710>>Samsung Galaxy S3 UK White>>HTC One X LTE White ATT>>HTC ONE X Grey UK>>HTC Wildfire S>>IPhone 5 Black
Feb 22, 2009
157 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
meus wrote: I did receive a call yesterday after this post was posted, I was driving and barely could hear the guy speaking. All I know they are book until the 25 of Nov or Dec not sure. He mention weekday is easier than weekend. He quoted me 275 dollars only to install since I am bringing in my Pro Start from CT.
Meh, im going to go else where......
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2006
2057 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
I found me a site called Royal Wrap at Ellesmere in Scarborough.

http://www.royalwrap.ca/compustar-t9-combo Site
Feb 22, 2009
157 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
maxme09 wrote: It went well. Compustar G15 installed correctly. It was difficult and required additional relay but they did not charge for it. It was for 520 all in as I asked for cash deal to discount, otherwise 550.
Note: not sure about other cars but Hyundai will take more than avg time to install. They quoted 2 hrs and took 3 hrs but it was done right.
They have different model from various manufacturers. Take your pick. I went with reliable brand and model 2 way starter.
is your car a push to start??? if so did they reprogram the new controller so you dont need two key fobs???
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2013
3725 posts
479 upvotes
MONTR
all that extra wear and tear you are going to put your car through.
Jan 4, 2010
778 posts
463 upvotes
Waterloo
moltender wrote: thats weird. i called lockdown today. they said the One way would not work with the Push to Start.. he also went on about not being able to unlock the car after so i needed the 2 way system. and when i asked about DroneMobile he was lost. what model did you get???
give 4x4shop a call, they did my 1 way on my push to start, you can go in the car and drive away with the OEM remote.
I remember talking to Lockdown in the summer but there quote was a bit too high. So I looked else where. I saw that they have DroneMobile too.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1868 posts
174 upvotes
Southern ontario
we just installed the remote starter on my wife's volvo v60. it was just software needed to be installed and you use the same fob as unlocking the car. $500.
the bad part about the remote is it is VERY limited in range, so you only can start when the remote can work.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
nomdesplumes wrote: all that extra wear and tear you are going to put your car through.
moltender wrote: huh??
"Obviously, you’re putting a small amount of wear and tear on the engine by running it when it would otherwise be doing nothing."

"The biggest issue, really, is that you’re wasting fuel and creating more pollution than you would have if the car were off."

"the best way to warm up your car is to start it up, and if it starts, gently drive away. A car warms up faster when it’s driven, generates less wear and tear, wastes less fuel and pollutes less."

from http://www.sfgate.com/cars/clickandclac ... 213702.php
Oct 13, 2015
102 posts
51 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Mine is not push start but the model I selected works for push start as well. Yes, they programmed it such that I dont need two fobs. Just the remote starter fob. It can even open the trunk if it is powered.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)