removed

removed
7 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4247 posts
464 upvotes
Barrys Bay
Every Costco i have been in have the 360 in stock, usually bundeled with extra controller and a game or 2.

But don't over estimate the warranty from COSTCO as they just changed there TV & Electronics to 90 day, unlike before ( year ) So if it breaks in 90 days your OK, but if not your dealing with manufacturer just like after BB and FS warranty.

I'd almost suggest the route of FS or BB with extended warranty, as chances are if breaks, a new improved version or bigger harddrive will exist and lemon policy will most likly prove usefull on 360 in 2 years, as I know alot of people encountering system failures.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2007
4599 posts
120 upvotes
The warranty will be the same no matter where you buy it. What you're talking about is a return policy and if you're buying it to keep it, the return policy shouldn't matter.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2797 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Get it at Sam's Club...6 month return policy no hassle
C
spend money to save money - the theory is brilliant
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2003
1837 posts
158 upvotes
Vancouver
theguyz wrote:
Apr 30th, 2008 3:23 pm
Every Costco i have been in have the 360 in stock, usually bundeled with extra controller and a game or 2.

But don't over estimate the warranty from COSTCO as they just changed there TV & Electronics to 90 day, unlike before ( year ) So if it breaks in 90 days your OK, but if not your dealing with manufacturer just like after BB and FS warranty.

I'd almost suggest the route of FS or BB with extended warranty, as chances are if breaks, a new improved version or bigger harddrive will exist and lemon policy will most likly prove usefull on 360 in 2 years, as I know alot of people encountering system failures.
Video Game systems do not fall into the 90-day return policy category. Hold onto the receipt and box and if you have a problem with it (ie RROD) speak to a manager.

GYR8
Dec 20, 2007
601 posts
47 upvotes
Regardless if you buy one of the items in the "90 day return" NOT 90 day WARRANTY. Costco will extend the manufacturers coverage to 2 years from date of purchase. Not to sure if this through manufacturer or third party. Why would you purchase the future shop 2year warranty and pay for double coverage for the first year when you can get the same at Costco for free. Most credit cards also double manufacturers warranty as well.... worth checking into. I know all my big purchases go on my Costco AMEX for the warranty and 30day theft protection.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
1745 posts
33 upvotes
Vancouver
ride365 wrote:
May 1st, 2008 3:09 am
Regardless if you buy one of the items in the "90 day return" NOT 90 day WARRANTY. Costco will extend the manufacturers coverage to 2 years from date of purchase. Not to sure if this through manufacturer or third party. Why would you purchase the future shop 2year warranty and pay for double coverage for the first year when you can get the same at Costco for free. Most credit cards also double manufacturers warranty as well.... worth checking into. I know all my big purchases go on my Costco AMEX for the warranty and 30day theft protection.
I partly agree with this comment.
Although you get the extended warranty from Costco, I don't think their bundle package contains all the useful things at all. I bought a PS3 with the extra controller and a game for $499. (extra $100) As I was going to purchase the second controller, I was fine with paying extra for the controller but the game sucked.
Mar 14, 2008
119 posts
don_lee103 wrote:
May 1st, 2008 3:40 am
I partly agree with this comment.
Although you get the extended warranty from Costco, I don't think their bundle package contains all the useful things at all. I bought a PS3 with the extra controller and a game for $499. (extra $100) As I was going to purchase the second controller, I was fine with paying extra for the controller but the game sucked.
I bought my Xbox 360 at Costco at the end of Jan, 08. It was a little more than I had hoped to spend as it came with an extra controller and charge and play set but actually, I am pretty happy with it. I also got the 2007/08 holiday bundle so it also come with the Forza 2 game (and Alliance which I don't like).

I was mostly wanting the peace of mind of Costco warranty as these Xbox's are known to pack up suddenly - even within 6-8 months of play.