Home & Garden

Removing vomit from jute / sisal carpet ..

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2008 4:52 am
Tags:
None
Nov 24, 2002
890 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto

Removing vomit from jute / sisal carpet ..

My small pooch had an upset stomach.. and now I have a yellow spot on my jute carpet.

Anymore managed to remove spots from natural carpets? Or am I SOL ??
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2002
1254 posts
We have sisal, used those Pet spray stain removers with good results. Our sisal is a light cream colour as well.

How long has the stain been sitting?

I also purchased a Bissell SpotBot recently, fortunately most of the messes have been caught quite early.
FS Items:
[OP]
Nov 24, 2002
890 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
pretty recent.. 24-36 hours.

Any brand in particular? I've seen so many in petsmart.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 10, 2006
7741 posts
79 upvotes
Georgetown
Can't recommend one, but no matter which one you purchase, make sure you spot test in an inconspicuous area first!

IMO a simple vinegar and water mixture should do it, with a coarse bristle brush.

See this button :confused: :confused: Learn how to use it PLEASE ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
1918 posts
9 upvotes
KELOWNA
The best pet accident cleaner I have found is Nature's Miracle. You can find it in pet stores and it's great. It's an enzyme so it eats things right up so there is no residue and it's usually harmless to fabrics etc. (but test it first to be sure). Second best IMO (but almost equal) is Folex which is sold in most stores that carry cleaning products.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
1894 posts
231 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
I have used Petrotech products, Petsmart carries it. They have dog and cat versions of their products.

http://sea-yu.com/index.html

Fantastic product, have used on vomit and feces stains, fortunately they are not a regular occurance in our house. Our cat was sick and recovering from surgery the antibiotics he was on were just messing with his whole digestive system.

Since then I always keep a can on hand to clean up juice spills etc. on the carpet.
× < >