Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Reno Depot

DEWALT DWE7485 15A Compact Jobsite Table Saw, 8-1/4-in $229

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2020 9:27 pm
Aug 23, 2012
294 posts
243 upvotes
Montreal
Xcessiv wrote: I tried in most stores around Montreal, the inventory check returns "AVAILABLE SOON AT THE SELECTED STORE". :(
Yeah like I wrote. Call them or go in store, they will give you a rain check.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2015
1298 posts
1417 upvotes
Abbotsford
Good Price.
Great saw. I have the DW745 10 inch, Cost me $235 last year @ Lowes.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2017
2226 posts
52756 upvotes
Scarborough
Any chance of getting it parcel... on Toronto when its available... Price is damn too good!

I have been looking for the DW7480 model to go down to 300$...
Nov 14, 2006
736 posts
829 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: I have the DWE7480, is it just me or the dust collection is soso? Unless I'm doing something wrong.
Agreed on the so so dust collection with DWE7480. I even tried it with PVC bent jug pipe and a home made vacuum cyclone duster but most dust seem to collect near the bottom of the motor and the blade so sucking out the round outlet does not catch enough.

Still overall an amazing compact TS!
Nov 14, 2006
736 posts
829 upvotes
dreamsite wrote: Any chance of getting it parcel... on Toronto when its available... Price is damn too good!

I have been looking for the DW7480 model to go down to 300$...
This opportunity does occur once a year... $300... Help my buddy buy one last year.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2006
5149 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
The latest deals on table saws have me wanting to return the Ryobi RTS23 I got last month for $178. While it has a rolling stand, it only has 1 mitre gauge slot (didn't even know they did this until I brought it home), the mitre gauge slot is non-traditional, the fence can go out of alignment, the dust collection is not great (looks similar to the Dewalt, doesn't really get sucked through the provided port) and the mitre gauge is terrible (which I take is normal except the non-traditional slot makes it harder to swap out; the gauge also doesn't come with pre-drilled holes to attach a fence). I was kind of expecting trade offs for a $178 table saw but the DWE 7480 at $299 seems like a better value...
Mar 20, 2017
754 posts
1846 upvotes
I got the 7480 a couple of months ago from HD. It was $299 for one week at CAnadian Tire. HD gave it to me for $269 with the price beat. The customer service rep said I was the 3rd person that day to price beat. LOL. RFD effect.

It’s a fantastic saw. Although I agree the dust collection is OK at best. Decent with a ship vac hooked up
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
are u all wood workers?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Nov 14, 2006
736 posts
829 upvotes
L4cky wrote: are u all wood workers?
Just playing with 2 bys and plywood. Prices of “real” wood are just too crazy to justify cabinetry.

Incidentally, I solved the dwe7480 inaccurate tracks while making my cross cut sled. Surprisingly, I use this sled a lot.
56EA44E9-2A56-4935-9E00-052E3FE73F11.jpeg
Aug 27, 2010
144 posts
176 upvotes
Québec, Canada
You fixed with friction it by just using your sled?

One thing that helps also is wood wax (like Minwax paste finishing wax)
cchenzz wrote: Just playing with 2 bys and plywood. Prices of “real” wood are just too crazy to justify cabinetry.

Incidentally, I solved the dwe7480 inaccurate tracks while making my cross cut sled. Surprisingly, I use this sled a lot.
Last edited by allaire on Mar 31st, 2020 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
allaire wrote: You fixed with friction it by just using your sled?

How thing that helps also is wood wax (like Minwax paste finishing wax)
Paste wax can't fix poorly machined metal :(
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
cchenzz wrote: Just playing with 2 bys and plywood. Prices of “real” wood are just too crazy to justify cabinetry.

Did you also use some sort of metal file to fix it?
Tons of things for sale!
Aug 27, 2010
144 posts
176 upvotes
Québec, Canada
Jon Lai wrote: Paste wax can't fix poorly machined metal :(
Yes I know, I used sandpaper on my mitre slots (220 grit) with a wood block to remove the gray coating (not sure what type of material this is). Finished with some paste wax for better mitre gauge sliding :)
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
allaire wrote: Yes I know, I used sandpaper on my mitre slots (220 grit) with a wood block to remove the gray coating (not sure what type of material this is). Finished with some paste wax for better mitre gauge sliding :)
Was sandpaper enough? Don't need to use a file?
Tons of things for sale!
Nov 14, 2006
736 posts
829 upvotes
My fixes were a combination of: 1) two parallel wood track runners on the crosscut sled that can be sanded for minor adjustment (raised by the height of a dime); 2) minor sanding of raised bumps on the two sides of the track groove if necessary after doing what can be done with wood tracks; 3) paste wax on the tracks, runners, bottom of the sled and main table top. The sled is finished with wipe on Danish oil then Paste wax. I have reapplied paste wax a few times a year on both the TS surface and the bottom of the sled.
BEFF540B-3F38-4C27-8A98-0F0FDE1B6078.jpeg
P.S. for anyone thinking of making a cross cut sled, it would be prudent to come up with a sled stop in your design. I screwed in a block of wood to the left side of the TS ( two screws from inside of the yellow plastic side frame) and a small piece of wood under the sled. The block of of wood is well below the TS surface, while the small piece of wood below the sled is clear of the TS top in the slight overhang on the left. Red paint on the main sled pieces where I should not place my fingers (in case I get too tired or just momentarily brain dead).
Feb 11, 2009
413 posts
148 upvotes
None of the Renodepot have that table saw in stock. Brought a printed copy of the flyer to Canadian tire to price match. Luckily they didn't have internet so could not check the stock level apparently, otherwise they would have refused to PM if they saw that Renodepot did not have stock. YMMV
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
Hughen wrote: Just for the record, I went to my Reno Depot and the manager simply told me to come back when they will have it in stock. Then she gave a rain check by signing the flyer. We'll see!

The price is too good, hopefully they will start carrying more 8 1/4 blades in the future.
jwhiteney wrote: This is one of my concerns, the blade size. When I search for table saw blades most of them are 10 inch. Perhaps that will change if all Dewalt Jobsite saws are going to be 8.25 inch going forward, maybe other Jobsite saws will also be the same. I know the Milwaukee one is already 8.25inch.
There's no reason you can't put a 7 1/4" saw blade in this saw (usually used for circular saws). They're a fair bit cheaper as well.

It reduces the max height cutting capacity but for 98% of what ppl cut, the 7 1/4 blade will be fine. Added benefits: quieter, less saw dust thrown and safer (aka kick backs) because the blade is slower. I've made this recommendation on a lot of saw blade thread => downsize the 10" blade to 7 1/4" blade. I can say the same with this saw => downsize the 8 1/4" to 7 1/4".

Link to the thread

psa-table-saw-owners-downsize-10-blade-2232255/
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
gr8dlr wrote: There's no reason you can't put a 7 1/4" saw blade in this saw (usually used for circular saws). They're a fair bit cheaper as well.

It reduces the max height cutting capacity but for 98% of what ppl cut, the 7 1/4 blade will be fine. Added benefits: quieter, less saw dust thrown and safer (aka kick backs) because the blade is slower. I've made this recommendation on a lot of saw blade thread => downsize the 10" blade to 7 1/4" blade. I can say the same with this saw => downsize the 8 1/4" to 7 1/4".

Link to the thread

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/psa-tab ... e-2232255/
But keep in mind you either will have to get a new riving knife, or not use one, the latter of which is not the safest thing to do.
Tons of things for sale!
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21699 posts
17373 upvotes
Markham
Jon Lai wrote: But keep in mind you either will have to get a new riving knife, or not use one, the latter of which is not the safest thing to do.
I don't use the riving knife. Safety guards, pawls, riving knifes give you false sense of security. Doing something wrong is still doing something wrong.

Someone else said....Riving knifes for non-through cuts are a no go. Interesting watching the old guy cut long pieces of wood with his flip because I've always felt cutting long pieces of wood problematic especially when it's just me by myself.

The second video with the older guy discusses kickbacks.

The speed of the blade is way scarier with stock 10" vs 7 1/4 thin kerf blade....hard to explain a "feeling" until you make the switch and try it.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!