• Jun 2nd, 2006 7:03 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2002
4954 posts
67 upvotes

Renting out a driveway to film crew

A film crew wants to rent my driveway to park their vehicles and a couple of diesel generators for a whole week at $250/day. My car will have to be parked at my folks place the whole time, so I won't have convenient access to a car, and will have to take the train to work.

The diesel generators will be located 18 feet from the house. Is there anything I should be concerned about? They will only be run during the day.

Is there anything I should be aware of (liability?) before signing the contract?
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
6292 posts
38091 upvotes
Montreal
i've had my car in a Honda ad and these are some things to consider when dealing with a film crew:

- Insurance. Ensure that they have insurance and that should anything happen to your stuff it's covered!

- Call YOUR insurance company and advise them of what's happening. Make sure they have no problems.

- Get your cash or cheque in advance. i've seen guys promised money and then have to fight or chase after their money, it's just simpiler to get it ahead of time.

- Will their be filming @ night? Will their be bright lights?

- Take pictures of your property before. This way, should the grass or something become damaged, you have proof.

Good luck and enjoy the extra cash.. :)
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18946 posts
10527 upvotes
The only potential problem I forsee is the lingering smell of diesel.

Make them pay before hand, and have them sign a document to state they are responsible for all damages.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10409 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
maybe talk to your laywer to write up a nice contract for them to sing up ??
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2003
1392 posts
51 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Don't forget to warn your neighbours about the potential noise and fumes. Have a BBQ for them or something - they will still be there long after the money is spent!
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
1655 posts
230 upvotes
North West Ontario
Take the money. If you start throwing in laywers they will just go to your neighbours.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2003
3055 posts
90 upvotes
Take pics and post them on RFD.
Seize the Day!
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2002
4954 posts
67 upvotes
Thanks all. They are filming at my next door neighbour's house, so I don't think they would have looked elsewhere as my property is the most convenient to them to bring wiring across. They have the proper insurances and have agreed to cover any damages on the property.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)