Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 24, 2006
2040 posts
26 upvotes

Renting PS3/Wii games after November 19th

So...does anyone have any experience with this? Typically how long does it take the typically BBV or Rogers to carry these titles. I'm curious because I really want to have Rayman Raving Rabbits near the launch window for a social event but I can't afford to by the game and keep it.
Also I don't know BB/FS policies on returning games if I buy it, just to return it within the next couple of days.

Any experience or knowledge? Maybe like xbox 360 rentals around last year?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2006
1741 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
IIRC, BBV didn't rent 360 games for at least the first week, citing limited userbase.

I expect the same for PS3. Wii, on the other hand, could be the wildcard.

Either way, I don't expect large chains to have either system's games rentable for at least 2 weeks.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6809 posts
1458 upvotes
T dot 6
My local BBV has a rack of empty cases with PS3 logo on them. I assume that space is reserved for PS3 games so I think they are going be renting them out fairly quickly even though no one is going to have a system for a while.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Mar 20, 2005
960 posts
3 upvotes
The BBV near me has signage up already stating that the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 rental games are $9.99 for a week, plus they already have some empty 'coming soon' cases out. Shouldn't be too hard to find anything on launch day or the day after.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
3818 posts
8 upvotes
Tony Hawk and Marvel Ultimate Alliance have arrived for PS3 and that's it.
i think this line's mostly filler
Deal Guru
Oct 17, 2001
11881 posts
71 upvotes
Hanniganite wrote:
Nov 11th, 2006 10:42 am
Tony Hawk and Marvel Ultimate Alliance have arrived for PS3 and that's it.
Wow, crappy Activision beat EA to the punch.
From a "Family" reviewer: "We Cheer teaches coordination, enticement to lust, women being used as sex objects, and team work."

From Worthy Playing: "We Cheer is, then, for all intents and purposes, the F-Zero GX of music games. It asks for so much, yet forgives so little. It is actually so casual that it's hardcore."