• Jan 18th, 2009 4:17 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 16, 2008
576 posts
16 upvotes

replica watches

Anyone have any experience with exact replicas

A google search shows some not so glowing reviews, but others I have spoken to have differing opinions on this.
I used to be me!
16 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
4758 posts
130 upvotes
Oakville
Best to do your research on the replica watch forums. There's some trusted sellers and reliable vendors out there.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20134 posts
2962 upvotes
For admitted replicas these seem way overpriced.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Dec 10, 2004
871 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
Why would you want a replica watch - it's such a poser thing to do. The real watches have superor movements, sapphire crystal faces, etc... Why not just use your money and buy a nice quality Seiko that will likely last you longer than a replica and not be a complete copyright infringement.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
12700 posts
15951 upvotes
tweetie wrote: Why would you want a replica watch - it's such a poser thing to do. The real watches have superor movements, sapphire crystal faces, etc... Why not just use your money and buy a nice quality Seiko that will likely last you longer than a replica and not be a complete copyright infringement.
Are there replica Seikos? I don't think they are high enough in value for replicas. Something like Rolex, Rado, more likely to be counterfeited.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
1745 posts
1045 upvotes
that looks like a scam site

go look up replica forums before you buy one.

i forgot them all. I think one is rwg.cc
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20134 posts
2962 upvotes
tweetie wrote: Why would you want a replica watch - it's such a poser thing to do. The real watches have superor movements, sapphire crystal faces, etc... Why not just use your money and buy a nice quality Seiko that will likely last you longer than a replica and not be a complete copyright infringement.
For me it is mainly because the "superior movements" of a $10000 rolex are inferior to the timekeeping of a quartz watch form the Dollarama that never needs winding.

Nowadays a fancy watch is a just fashion accessory. You're paying for the brand and look of the watch. No one cares about accuracy of timekeeping it is basically a moot point, everything sold is accurate nowadays. Since it is just a fashion accessory, paying 1/1000 the price for something that looks the same is great, because fashion == looks.

IMO the real suckers are people who actually PAY retail for brand name watches / sunglasses - these people are just fools. Even if I had a 7 figure net worth I would not buy that crap.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
2053 posts
183 upvotes
York Region
brunes wrote: IMO the real suckers are people who actually PAY retail for brand name watches / sunglasses - these people are just fools. Even if I had a 7 figure net worth I would not buy that crap.
I feel the same way too.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
2478 posts
61 upvotes
Ottawa
gmark2000 wrote: Best to do your research on the replica watch forums. There's some trusted sellers and reliable vendors out there.
I am interested in a Tag Heuer replica, will have a look at the forums do you have any recommendations on sellers?
"Sometimes I dig the dirty yet sweet oriental pong of this frag, but I wonder if it really makes sense to smell like I've hidden spice bags in all of my pockets?" ~basenotes.net
Oct 16, 2008
576 posts
16 upvotes
Mystix wrote: that looks like a scam site

go look up replica forums before you buy one.

i forgot them all. I think one is rwg.cc
Man, I love that site!!!!! Spent hours on that site just browsing and reading up on reviews.

Thanks!!!!

What an awesome resource for rep. watches.

BTW exactreplicas is a scam site.
I used to be me!
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
2478 posts
61 upvotes
Ottawa
Well respected dealer:

http://www.puretimewatch.com/

bought a Carrera

"Sometimes I dig the dirty yet sweet oriental pong of this frag, but I wonder if it really makes sense to smell like I've hidden spice bags in all of my pockets?" ~basenotes.net
Nov 18, 2007
558 posts
4 upvotes
Moncton
Is there no regulation on RFD about discussing fake products? If not, there should be....
Banned
Sep 1, 2008
466 posts
Toronto
RobDek wrote: Is there no regulation on RFD about discussing fake products? If not, there should be....
Ok buddy.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
4758 posts
130 upvotes
Oakville
Some reps have actual Swiss ETA movements installed along with real sapphire faces. It actually illustrates the ludicrous mark-ups of the genuine originals.
Oct 16, 2008
576 posts
16 upvotes
gmark2000 wrote: Some reps have actual Swiss ETA movements installed along with real sapphire faces. It actually illustrates the ludicrous mark-ups of the genuine originals.
+1 some reps are even 14K gold plated too.

Found a couple of rep. dealers (they are actually called collectors, not dealers) that seem to be well liked. Found some Rolexes that look pretty good.
I used to be me!
Dec 10, 2004
871 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
brunes wrote: IMO the real suckers are people who actually PAY retail for brand name watches / sunglasses - these people are just fools. Even if I had a 7 figure net worth I would not buy that crap.
To each their own. Even if it's fashion, it's still illegal to copy someone else's ideas. Someone created the design and look and is putting labor into it - yes there's a markup for it. I have no problems with someone wearing a non-name watch from Dollarama... that's their choice.

What I have a problem with is people supporting the counterfeit industry.