• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2018 10:06 am
[OP]
Mar 1, 2010
837 posts
212 upvotes

Report not stay in Canada

Hi every.
my fiance is not a Canadian or permanent resident here. He is now working at HongKong. I will go to HongKong and marry with him very soon and will stay with him for a long period, I am not sure when I can come back, I heard that I need to fill some forms to let the government know that I will not stay in Canada for a long period. Do you guys know what kind of document I need to fill in? I do not have real estate in Canada. I only have some bank accounts and do not have any kid now.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2008
1529 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
Are you a Canadian citizen? How long is "a long period"? 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, more than 1 year?
[OP]
Mar 1, 2010
837 posts
212 upvotes
yes. I am Canadian. I might stay in HongKong for 3years and will not come back during this period
Penalty Box
Dec 13, 2016
2049 posts
1524 upvotes
Do you have children?

Do you have Canadian income?

Do you have a home in Canada?
Nov 17, 2014
760 posts
214 upvotes
gaogao wrote:
Jul 20th, 2018 9:12 pm
Hi every.
my fiance is not a Canadian or permanent resident here. He is now working at HongKong. I will go to HongKong and marry with him very soon and will stay with him for a long period, I am not sure when I can come back, I heard that I need to fill some forms to let the government know that I will not stay in Canada for a long period. Do you guys know what kind of document I need to fill in? I do not have real estate in Canada. I only have some bank accounts and do not have any kid now.
LEAVING CANADA (EMIGRANTS) - ALL FORMS AND PROCEDURES
https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency ... rants.html