Sports & Recreation

**Report** Roy Halladay dies in plane crash!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 3:58 pm
Tags:
Mar 14, 2017
104 posts
21 upvotes
Tragic.

It's too bad it takes a death to get some insight from the past teammates, media etc into what he was really like but it was great to listen to the FAN 590 on my drive home to hear Elliott and Zaun etc call in and talk about how "everyone respected Roy. He wasn't social but we all looked up to him. The young guys could not keep up with his workout regimen when they tried".
Jul 5, 2004
22206 posts
2099 upvotes
Just awful news. Easily one of the greatest pitchers in jays history and was one of the best in the league during his time. Also one of the most humble, classy guys out there.

So sad.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6945 posts
1444 upvotes
Toronto
stunned. rip doc
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5963 posts
1269 upvotes
Shocked and saddened by the news.

One of my all-time favourite pitchers / Blue Jays.

What a tragic way to go.
RIP Roy Halladay. Disappointed But Relieved Face
Last edited by XFactor11 on Nov 7th, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2011
1995 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto
Shocking, tragic news. A shining star for the Jays and face of the franchise during a lot of lean years. He will be missed. RIP Doc.
May 22, 2016
809 posts
134 upvotes
Ontario
The crash was filmed. Classy guys didn't even try to see if he was alive.

Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4777 posts
914 upvotes
Mississauga
webshark wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:33 am
Agreed. I don't know how you just circle around the crash site recording, and not jump in to look for any signs of life. Obviously not expecting a scuba diving exploration, but come on.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13701 posts
9204 upvotes
Toronto
Tribute in Toronto Nov 10 @ SkyDome

"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
Sep 24, 2010
42 posts
30 upvotes
GTA
webshark wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:33 am
Just to clarify a few points here. The video does not show the actual crash. What you see is video of Halladay diving close to water and going back up like was doing all week (based on multiple witnesses and multiple videos). Halladay even posted in twitter that it felt like he was flying a fighter jet when you zoomed close to the water. the video then pauses, they weren't filming when he did the dive that killed him. Video then restarts after the crash, when the boaters rushed to the scene to see if they could help. but it was obvious that no one could have survived that high energy impact. In fact Halladay's body was found later in shallow water, as the crash separated his body from the plane.

So what you are seeing is:
(1) An amateur pilot who was flying his plane SO aggressively that numerous witnesses both on boats and on shore stopped to film him flying as he was flying in a very dangerous way. You don't often get people on boats and on the shore stopping to film a small plane. He was flying very dangerously all week,
(2) These guys didn't film the actual crash. They filmed him doing stunts, and then when he crashed they rushed to the scene. When they saw the wreckage, they all knew no one survived.

http://nypost.com/2017/11/08/footage-su ... t-moments/

Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26181 posts
6056 upvotes
GTHA
Roy Halladay memorial service