[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2480 posts
995 upvotes
Sudbury

Reputable GMC Dealerships in Ontario??

Hi All,

Looking to pick up a 2016 GMC Sierra...live in Sudbury, Ontario but don't quite like dealing local as the deals aren't really there.

Looking for a dealership/contact (don't mind driving 4+ hours) to save money (make a weekend trip out of it).

Let me know some dealership that aren't just out to screw you!

Cheers!
12 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
33761 posts
7718 upvotes
Ottawa
Ontario is big.
All dealerships are reputable if you get the deal you think you should.
No dealerships are reputable if you believe you are going to get ripped off.
Understand they are a business and a business is there to make money.
Do your research, figure out what you want to pay...and be realistic, and go shopping. Your local dealer can be "reputable" as any other in the Province. Don' t let your paranoia overcome common sense.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
7684 posts
1796 upvotes
Mississauga
kanewtz wrote:
Jan 26th, 2016 6:42 am
Hi All,

Looking to pick up a 2016 GMC Sierra...live in Sudbury, Ontario but don't quite like dealing local as the deals aren't really there.

Looking for a dealership/contact (don't mind driving 4+ hours) to save money (make a weekend trip out of it).

Let me know some dealership that aren't just out to screw you!

Cheers!
Have you really sat down and thought this out and priced locally. Your willing to make a weekend trip out of it which will cost X number of dollars against the possible savings you will make.
Have you thought about the hassles you will get trying to get warranty work done when not buying at your local dealer in Sudbury? What I would do if I was in your shoes is do what others have done do your research and decide what you want to pay them email the closest 10 dealers and see who is willing to meet your price or get the closest. Take that number to your local dealer and see if they will match if not buy from the lowest price you get.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2480 posts
995 upvotes
Sudbury
Yes I have priced locally...not much movement on the price.

I would just like to know people who have dealt with a sales rep that was genuine, nice and cared.

This is all I was asking for.

I bought my last SUV (Ford) out of town and have no issues servicing it locally (even though it wasn't bought here).
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11563 posts
6388 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Search around for a GMC Toronto forum.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
4402 posts
296 upvotes
Peterborough
Why not take a Saturday and go to every dealership within a set kms? That's what I did when I bought my latest car...went everywhere from Whitby to Richmond Hill to various dealers in the GTA to Stratford and finally bought in London. I did it in person to show that I was serious and I managed to score a very good deal after all the running around.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1474 posts
741 upvotes
GTA
I bought a new 2014 Sierra SLT with the exact specs that I was looking for from Eastside Chev on Woodbine. It took a few months to locate the exact vehicle and they worked day and night to locate the truck and buy it from another dealership at cost and transferred the price over to me. I had the sales manager, Kosta, do all of the legwork. Price was phenomenal and it was a surprise for my husband. I even had new rims and tires (20") added before he took possession.
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1474 posts
741 upvotes
GTA
Adding.... they have an internal database of GMC dealerships across Canada so they can show you exactly what truck is available and where.
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3359 posts
584 upvotes
GTA
After a lot of back and forth with dealerships that replied to my dealer email bomb tactic, I eventually settled with one ~50 km away from home. The folks at VanDusen in Ajax (formerly Bob Myers) helped me order the vehicle and options that I wanted at a fair price. The sales rep who handled my order - Trent - is genuinely nice, knowledgeable and helpful in every step of the way. These guys sell a good amount of trucks btw. I highly suggest you check 'em out.

You can also try checking out dealerrater.ca and read some of the reviews of dealerships there.
Apr 17, 2003
578 posts
5 upvotes
North Bay
Quite a few of my co-workers have purchased vehicles (trucks mostly) from out of town,driven south and saved quite a bit of money. It's worth it to them ,they've saved thousands up 10,000 as compared to dealerships here in North Bay. So it is worth it to them. I know one fella bought his Ford truck in Midland after much searching,local dealerships couldn't or wouldn't even come close.Another of my co workers purchased one via email with another dealership closer to Toronto,can't remember the name,but they paid for his bus ride there and his overnight stay after coming to terms on price.Again he saved quite a bit. Dealships up here don't offer the same prices/deals you see advertised in the Star or the Sun.It's worth the 3-4 hour drive to save thousands,lol,one of my co-workers won't even have his truck serviced by Ford dealership here he travels south to one of the dealerships in cottage country,Huntsviile,Gravenhurst area if I'm not mistaken.