• Last Updated:
  • Nov 12th, 2018 12:54 am
[OP]
Jul 29, 2013
563 posts
230 upvotes

Request go to Vegan Recipes (no dairy)

Please share your recipes.
I have looked in vegetarian recipe books but cheese or dairy is usually an ingredient. I am having dinner guests and am at a loss.
Please pass on/share your favourite no matter how basic or elaborate.
Much appreciated.
Last edited by profile on Nov 7th, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
38 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4909 posts
1144 upvotes
Aurora
profile wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 7:41 pm
Please share your recipes.
I have looked in vegetarian recipe books but cheese or dairy is usually an ingredient. I am having dinner guests and am at a lost.
Please pass on/share your favourite no matter how basic or elaborate.
Much appreciated.
I think the term you should be looking up is "vegan recipes". There are a million sites with these and they'll fit the bill of no dairy.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7169 posts
1436 upvotes
Mississauga
Sweet potato diced up, drizzled with olive oil and seasonings and baked in the oven. Cooks awfully quick so keep an eye on them.
Or diced up sweet potato, add cinnamon and honey and baked in the oven.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
4597 posts
1646 upvotes
fried tofu, mushrooms and greens in sauce and some brown rice

indian dish where you simmer TVP nuggets or gram flour dumplings or pakora in curry gravy with bread or rice
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
4960 posts
513 upvotes
Toronto
search for Soya Chunks.

and potatoes can produce lots of different meals
[OP]
Jul 29, 2013
563 posts
230 upvotes
Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions. They are all recipes I will make.
Appreciate you all sharing. This is a new cooking world for me obviously but I feel I am getting a handle on it with your help.
Thank you all.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
3553 posts
1371 upvotes
I'm not all vegan, but mostly eat vegetables, fruit, whole grains, beans/lentils and a few nuts and seeds. I tend to keep things simple, so I wouldn't be very good at serving dinner guests.

Anyhow for something more elaborate, here's a few Canadian websites containing vegan recipes.

http://plantbasedu.com/

https://beansriceeverythingnice.weebly.com/

http://potatostrong.com/category/recipes/
Nov 6, 2018
13 posts
3 upvotes
New York
Try these Vegan Puff Pastries:
1. Tomato pizza sauce base, baby spinach, roast capsicum, roast asparagus, caramelised onion, sundried tomato, mozzarella sheese, salt and pepper and Italian herbs.
2. Home made basil pesto base, pine nut, mozzarella sheese, salt and pepper.
All made on sheets of puff pastry. Roll them up then slice off circles and bake the circles flat on a tray with baking paper.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7169 posts
1436 upvotes
Mississauga
ErikaB35221 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 7:44 am
Try these Vegan Puff Pastries:
1. Tomato pizza sauce base, baby spinach, roast capsicum, roast asparagus, caramelised onion, sundried tomato, mozzarella sheese, salt and pepper and Italian herbs.
2. Home made basil pesto base, pine nut, mozzarella sheese, salt and pepper.
All made on sheets of puff pastry. Roll them up then slice off circles and bake the circles flat on a tray with baking paper.
OP can't have cheese, which is a dairy products.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6241 posts
2321 upvotes
Toronto
We eat vegetarian at home fairly often as well including some of the recipes mentioned here already, especially lots of oven roasted veggies similar to what Raggie mentioned like sweet potato, butternut squash, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, brussel sprouts, green beans etc. Paired with potatoes, rice, mushrooms and baked or grilled Tofu strips.

Attached a couple of our recent home made vegetarian plates for inspiration
Images
  • zKG3Lhx.jpg
  • eKOpQSh.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2547 posts
421 upvotes
Mississauga
Raggie wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 9:49 am
OP can't have cheese, which is a dairy products.
Sheeze not cheese :)
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2547 posts
421 upvotes
Mississauga
ReeGee wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 10:59 am
We eat vegetarian at home fairly often as well including some of the recipes mentioned here already, especially lots of oven roasted veggies similar to what Raggie mentioned like sweet potato, butternut squash, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, brussel sprouts, green beans etc. Paired with potatoes, rice, mushrooms and baked or grilled Tofu strips.

Attached a couple of our recent home made vegetarian plates for inspiration
Is that tofu or tempeh?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
4597 posts
1646 upvotes
If we are posting actual recipes I like the sauce in this one but I do it with sliced mushrooms and chinese broccoli Szechuan Tofu & Green Bean Stir-Fry

My other pick would be Butter Chicken curry, but where the recipe calls for chicken I'd use fried tofu or soy nuggets, and for cream/yogurt, I'd use silken tofu and a scoop of cashew butter, which makes the sauce absolutely addictive!

3 Tbsp oil
500 g red onion, shredded (one big one)
- on medium heat, dry out/caramelize the onion in the oil, 30 mins

1½ Tbsp ginger paste
3 Tbsp garlic paste
1 Tbsp dried fenugreek leaves
½ Tbsp chili powder (adjust to taste; this is hot!)
½ Tbsp cumin
½ Tbsp garum masala
1 tsp salt
- add the above and stir and toast briefly until fragrant, a minute or two

798 ml can crushed tomatoes
1½ Tbsp tomato paste
1/4 cup cashew butter
300 g silken tofu
- add the above and simmer briefly; done! Well now you simmer in your tofu or tvp chunks.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6241 posts
2321 upvotes
Toronto
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 12:37 pm

Is that tofu or tempeh?
always extra firm tofu as we don't enjoy the softer stuff much. The taste and texture of the breaded ones isn't far off from chicken nuggets
lecale wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 12:39 pm
If we are posting actual recipes I like the sauce in this one but I do it with sliced mushrooms and chinese broccoli Szechuan Tofu & Green Bean Stir-Fry
This sounds awesome, definitely trying this.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7169 posts
1436 upvotes
Mississauga
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 12:33 pm
Sheeze not cheese :)
Yeah, I looked it up after. I thought he was just using a different spelling or words.