Reselling Alibaba products on Amazon

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2019 4:26 pm
[OP]
Jan 1, 2019
1 posts

Reselling Alibaba products on Amazon

Hi everyone,

I want to try myself in retail and decided to start with reselling stuff from Alibaba on Amazon, but there are some uncertainties that I want to clarify.
My idea was to buy small portions of products (up to 100 units initially). I am not going to buy something big, it will be small and cheap units, like socks, iPhone covers, some bracelets etc.

Currently I do not have any company or something like that, I just work full time and want to make some extra money to support my family.
I was going to sell stuff on Amazon from personal account and if works then switch to Professional one.

Could please guide me how do deal with the legal side? I am really curious about import taxes, duties and other related stuff.

Do I need to open a company for that? I've heard that it is necessary to have some import account etc.

Maybe there is anything else I need to know?

I appreciate your time and support! Thanks!
2 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15275 posts
5548 upvotes
One way to ease yourself into Amazon sales is to hire out the whole packaging side of things. There are companies setup who do all of your prep for you - all you need to do is get them the product and they handle any labeling, UPCs, packaging, shipping to Amazon itself, etc. This might be a good way to get your feet wet because your focus is then on acquiring products and selling on Amazon itself but you pay for all the little (and time consuming) work in between.

These businesses are also able to typically provide you with the coaching you need to start out - as many likely do it themselves.

Search for the phrase "amazon prep" in your geographical area.
Sep 10, 2013
39 posts
3 upvotes
hi!
In terms of tax and opening a company, you can just file T2125 Self Employed business form without entering business number (ie. incorporating a new company).
Start out as a sole-proprietorship first then if you are very successful (income > $30,000) then incorporate.
Don't just incorporate now because the costs outweigh the benefits

hope this helps!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)