Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2005
1231 posts
3 upvotes

Residential 24Mbps/3mb ADSL2+ DSL Unlimited

Just wondering if anyone has tried this particular service. If so, can you please enlighten us on the overall performance and possible recommendations?

http://www.zid.com/en/connection-maine.htm

Residential 24Mbps/3mb ADSL2+ DSL Unlimited
$43.95 Monthly Cost
$25.00 Activation Fee
6 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
21446 posts
1505 upvotes
Aurora
I have heard of these guys, they operate out of Montreal. They claim to have their own COs. I doubt it. I am sure they are just using Bell for the last mile.

However, the ADSL2 service is not really available in Ontario, just in the main downtown core. Sherbourne to Broadview and south of Bloor.

This may have changed. They may have expanded their coverage.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2005
1231 posts
3 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Jan 4th, 2008 11:27 pm
I have heard of these guys, they operate out of Montreal. They claim to have their own COs. I doubt it. I am sure they are just using Bell for the last mile.

However, the ADSL2 service is not really available in Ontario, just in the main downtown core. Sherbourne to Broadview and south of Bloor.

This may have changed. They may have expanded their coverage.
I figured as much. I knew ADSL2+ was widely available in the downtown core but I was not aware if they had expanded to the suburbs as yet. I sent an e-mail for more information and I included my phone number, address, etc. for them to see if it's available in my area. I checked the Bell website and it states that their Optimax 16Mbps service is available on my current lines. This is why I was interested in the first place and decided to ask about this particular company. I had previously never heard of this company before and I stumbled upon them on the CanadianISP.com website. There were only 3 reviews, 2 of which were positive and the other being negative. Hopefully they get back to me with some more information tomorrow sometime. I am interested to see what they have to say. Especially since it's 24Mbps with unlimited bandwidth (serious find that hard to believe).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2005
1231 posts
3 upvotes
No response yet. Has anyone used this company before?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
2519 posts
83 upvotes
I dug up this old thread looking for some reviews on the service as well.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2007
2611 posts
79 upvotes
I called them up. Bloor/Yonge area only for the time being.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 30, 2003
6846 posts
394 upvotes
loybond wrote:
Aug 6th, 2008 2:14 pm
I called them up. Bloor/Yonge area only for the time being.
Any idea how far from the Yonge/Bloor area it goes, or is it basically at that intersection? I've been waiting for a good alternative to Rogers Extreme, and if these guys are faster, cheaper and unlimited I'd switch in a heartbeat.
My nick doesn't mean I'm happy any more than yours means you're a sex machine.
× < >