• Jun 18th, 2018 2:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1578 posts
258 upvotes

RESTATED ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION...moving provinces of incorporation

Hey folks
Not sure what is the use of incorporating federally if the change of address which invloves a move from one province to another need an article of amendment....
Anyways, as I am moving my regisrterd office from one province to another, I now need to amend the articles and pay our govermment 200 bucks... fine

Do you guys think that I should get these "RESTATED ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION" at the same time? They say that if you send the "RESTATED ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION" on same day as date of amendment, you get the "RESTATED ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION" without extra fees?

Has anyone done that?

Edit: Hey folks need some RFD help here. Forget the "RESTATED ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION".... when I was thinking that changing the province of federally incorporated business was so typical ( ameding the artical etc) , I got another news. I will have to register my incorporation in the new provice again ( WoW... Only Ontario was good enough not to trouble the fenderal incorporation too much) . New province Manitoba wants me to register my already fenderally incororation in Manitoba as " Extra provincial registration" .. Has anyone done that?
I saw the form..its asking "Registered office address in current jurisdiction"... So what do I do now... Should I change my registered address at Federal incorporation to my Manitoba address and then fill this Manitoba registration form or I first register in Manitoba and then change address in fenderal incorporation...

The whole point I did a federal incorporation was under assunmption that I would have less headacke if I move... This seems more headacke
4 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1513 posts
191 upvotes
Markham, ON
So you and your business are physically moving to Manitoba?

If that's the case, I would get your federal paper sorted out first. The rest will follow. You want to make sure that people can find your business and that your contact information is consistent.

Will you still have an office in Ontario? Or will you completely be gone to Manitoba. Your registered office could stay in Ontario. Just make sure all the important mail requiring your attention will be directed at you.

If your contact information is hard to find, it makes me wonder if your business is shady.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1578 posts
258 upvotes
Poppwl wrote:
Mar 29th, 2018 4:27 am
So you and your business are physically moving to Manitoba?

If that's the case, I would get your federal paper sorted out first. The rest will follow. You want to make sure that people can find your business and that your contact information is consistent.

Will you still have an office in Ontario? Or will you completely be gone to Manitoba. Your registered office could stay in Ontario. Just make sure all the important mail requiring your attention will be directed at you.

If your contact information is hard to find, it makes me wonder if your business is shady.
Yes , the business moved to Manitoba . Its not a physical business. More consulting work.
So you are saying , registered office can stay in Ontario, you are right. I also saw that they let you change the ontario address for free whereas to change adress to other province, I need to do article of amendment and pay 200 dollars.
Why ask a friend etc in Ontario his address to use just for 200 dollars....i guess i would just change.
Then I would need to register the corporation in Manitoba to carry work here. That is extra 350 dollars ( hell they are even asking me for a name search amd reservation..)

They are giving me option to convert federal incorporation to Manitoba incorporation for same price. Not sure if it is worth it.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1513 posts
191 upvotes
Markham, ON
Either way, you have to file some paperwork to notify the government of your change of address.

When you incorporate federally, you are carrying on business extra-provincially no matter where you carry on business. You can keep your Ontario extra provincial registration because it is free anyways. Unless if they plan to change that.

Are you consulting Ontario clients only in Manitoba? The Manitoba government need to know if you are planning to start conducting business in Manitoba.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1578 posts
258 upvotes
Update so that it is helpful to others if they do it.
If you amend your articles ( for example to update your registered address to other province) , If you also send the corporations Canada the Restated Articles on the same date on which you did the articles amendment ( note they are two different process ) . Amendment of Article is automated process online. Restated Articles is Form 7 . It has to be filled manually and hard signed. Then scanned and sent to Corporation Canada on the email specified in the form.
Then at no extra change, they send your your restated articles. Otherwise there is 50$ fee for this.
Use is that this way you keep all your article changes at one place in the restated articles.