Restaurant Review: Eastern Foods - BEST BIRYANI

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2016 2:40 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1955 upvotes
Elmira
How are you supposed to eat the raita? Do you drizzle it all over the biryani, or are you supposed to just "dip" in it, or what.. kind of a nagging question I was always curious about
Deal Addict
May 27, 2004
1119 posts
451 upvotes
duckdown wrote: How are you supposed to eat the raita? Do you drizzle it all over the biryani, or are you supposed to just "dip" in it, or what.. kind of a nagging question I was always curious about
Pour over.
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
LOL if you want the best biryani eat Pakistani biryani not Indian. That place is Indian that OP mentions. My mom makes the best boneless chicken biryani mmm mmm.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2006
4170 posts
181 upvotes
North York
I'm partial to Sri Lankan biryani myself. The mutton one I had from Annapoorna (Mississauga) was very good and very very spicy. Almost too spicy.
If you drive dangerously I hope you get caught and lose your license/car/dignity! :twisted: :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3711 posts
1395 upvotes
Ottawa
JAGpilot wrote: I'm partial to Sri Lankan biryani myself. The mutton one I had from Annapoorna (Mississauga) was very good and very very spicy. Almost too spicy.
Ah yes, another gem. My favourite Mutton Rolls in the city, $1 each!. The spice level for this place varies greatly on who's making it.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1955 upvotes
Elmira
I've had the biryani from both Silver Spoon and Karachi Kitchen, and in both cases I suspect microwaves were involved.. is this typical?
Jun 4, 2006
739 posts
448 upvotes
Brampton | Vaughan
duckdown wrote: I've had the biryani from both Silver Spoon and Karachi Kitchen, and in both cases I suspect microwaves were involved.. is this typical?
DD, Briyani King puts those two to shame.

It's in the Mackay Pizza plaza on Huron and Bovaird.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2009
1964 posts
125 upvotes
Center of the Univer…
ar2020 wrote: LOL if you want the best biryani eat Pakistani biryani not Indian. That place is Indian that OP mentions. My mom makes the best boneless chicken biryani mmm mmm.
From the perspective of non brown person (me), i'd say pakistani biryani is way too oily. I had some kirachi style biryani and hated it.
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1867 upvotes
Scarborough
i thought it used to be fresh at those karachi kitchen and silverspoon locations..........if microwave is involved it sounds terrible and can spoil the biryani taste
Feb 26, 2009
759 posts
131 upvotes
After reading this threak, I decided to pay Eastern Foods a visit for their biryani today. I was looking for the mutton version but they only had chicken available. Compared to Karachi Kitchen, the chicken is more moist and tastier but Karachi Kitchen has slightly more flavorful rice.
Feb 15, 2016
130 posts
5 upvotes
Annapurna sucks big time!
It was toooo spicy and had to throw it away!
I just couldn't eat the meat, it was so stale and got sick the next day!
I'm never going back Annapurna ever again!

JAGpilot wrote: I'm partial to Sri Lankan biryani myself. The mutton one I had from Annapoorna (Mississauga) was very good and very very spicy. Almost too spicy.
Feb 15, 2016
130 posts
5 upvotes
Mutton rolls & Vada are fresh n good!
But not their biriyani
shadow_cruiser wrote: Ah yes, another gem. My favourite Mutton Rolls in the city, $1 each!. The spice level for this place varies greatly on who's making it.
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1867 upvotes
Scarborough
The eggs are in srilankan and bangladeshi dishes......common for them.

Most places use "chicken legs" they buy for cheap for use in biryani. Hence no breast pieces in there.
Feb 15, 2016
130 posts
5 upvotes
It's not just that!
The quality of the food, it's stale
I guess biriyani is a slow moving item at Annapurna and he just added pieces of lamb / chicken to the rice when u order n gives it to u
I have no problem with egg - they r fine

transitguy1 wrote: The eggs are in srilankan and bangladeshi dishes......common for them.

Most places use "chicken legs" they buy for cheap for use in biryani. Hence no breast pieces in there.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2403 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
Best biyranni is Bombay Bhel at commerce valley in Markham, ive been to so many other places they can't compare
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2014
1239 posts
159 upvotes
Mississauga
The Maharaja in Mississauga has a really good Biryanni. I would recommend it, although it is expensive ($13).
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2018 upvotes
Scarborough
Are we all talking about "Silver Spoon" across from Babu in Scarborough? I usually buy my Biryani from Babu (comes with the egg) and it's not the best but I sure as heck can't cook like that. I might give Silver Spoon a try if were all talking about that location.

Speaking of which, can someone recommend good chicken biryani from Scarborough seeing as it's infested with indian/pakistani cuisine in every corner and yet all I keep seeing is Mississauga locations, lol.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 14, 2007
5038 posts
1459 upvotes
Regina
if you are ever in Regina Caraway Grill is by far the best...only Biryani I have ever had...have never had a bad dish of anything there...one of the owners is from Nepal...never put the raita on, but was there last night and there were 6 east indians at the table and each ordered the biryani and one dish of curry so you know it must be good...they put the raita beside the rice and gradually take some with the rice and eat it....I have an east indian food addiction since being introduced to this restaurant...
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1867 upvotes
Scarborough
OrangeBerry wrote: Are we all talking about "Silver Spoon" across from Babu in Scarborough? I usually buy my Biryani from Babu (comes with the egg) and it's not the best but I sure as heck can't cook like that. I might give Silver Spoon a try if were all talking about that location.

Speaking of which, can someone recommend good chicken biryani from Scarborough seeing as it's infested with indian/pakistani cuisine in every corner and yet all I keep seeing is Mississauga locations, lol.
yeah that's the one.
Are you looking for biryani from other countries or something? Biryani is a special dish in India/Pakistan when its homemade.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)