• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2018 8:50 pm
[OP]
Jul 3, 2018
6 posts
2 upvotes

Restaurants that closed permanently

Good afternoon everyone,

I was following the topic ''Restaurants that might not be around much longer'' so,

I created this topic in order to have a complete list of all the restaurants that are now permanently closed.

Eat Jackpot at Spadina was one of my favorite but now it is closed.

Ontario
Eat Jackpot at Spadina
Celebrity hot pot
Mastermix hot pot
Pizza Hut in Richmond Hill
Olive Garden - Ontario
Ponderosa
The Musket

Vancouver
Bo Kong vegetarian restaurant on Main St.
The Foundation on Main St.
The Danube on Main St.
Greens & Gourmet on W 4th Ave.
The Windjammer fish & chips on Oak St.
Cafe Europa on Denman St.
Benny's Bagels on W. Broadway
Last edited by PanagiotisT30459 on Jul 6th, 2018 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
90 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13391 posts
2205 upvotes
Toronto
PanagiotisT30459 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2018 3:12 pm
Good afternoon everyone,

I was following the topic ''Restaurants that might not be around much longer'' so,

I created this topic in order to have a complete list of all the restaurants that are now permanently closed.

Celebrity hot pot & Mastermix hot pot were great good restaurants that recently closed. RIP.
Chef of India @ Yonge & Eglinton has permanently closed. It is now a Sushi restaurant. (not AYCE)
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
2774 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2018 7:09 pm
Celebrity hot pot & Mastermix hot pot were great good restaurants that recently closed. RIP.
Chef of India @ Yonge & Eglinton has permanently closed. It is now a Sushi restaurant. (not AYCE)
Chef of India moved to Yonge & Lawrence. Not sure that counts as "permanently closed".
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
3043 posts
2561 upvotes
Vancouver
Bo Kong vegetarian restaurant on Main St.
The Foundation on Main St.
The Danube on Main St.
Greens & Gourmet on W 4th Ave.
The Windjammer fish & chips on Oak St.
Cafe Europa on Denman St.
Benny's Bagels on W. Broadway
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
Aug 12, 2012
647 posts
160 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The Pizza Hut in Richmond Hill (Yonge st, north of 16th) has closed. There aren't many Pizza Hut restaurants remaining... soon the PH Buffet will be extinct.
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
10503 posts
3217 upvotes
Toronto
PanagiotisT30459 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2018 3:12 pm
Good afternoon everyone,

of all time? Anywhere?

Olive Garden in Ontario

Ponderosa
[OP]
Jul 3, 2018
6 posts
2 upvotes
When I created the topic I was thinking for the restaurants and coffee shops that closed recently.

In that way we will be able to see who's prediction was correct on the other topic '' Restaurants that might not be around much longer''.

Also I do not want to face again a day when I will find my destination restaurant closed after driving an hour to be there.

If you have any suggestion it is welcomeWinking Face
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
9452 posts
3849 upvotes
Toronto
Op, aren't you gonna update the master list?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7181 posts
1442 upvotes
Mississauga
This is going to be a long list. A large percentage of restaurants don't have a long shelf life.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Jul 20, 2012
545 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
It's been a year but The Musket on Advance Rd. closed last July. It was there for around 30 years.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
3354 posts
1217 upvotes
that's one hell of a sad list, considering Ponderosa and Olive Garden have been gone for many years.

What's the point of this list?
May 7, 2008
576 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
Didn't even know that - so sad.

Their smoked pork hock was an amazing dish. But guess I didn't like it that much though given that I didn't even know it closed for a year!
Brian71 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 7:58 pm
It's been a year but The Musket on Advance Rd. closed last July. It was there for around 30 years.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13391 posts
2205 upvotes
Toronto
trane0 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 11:33 am
Chef of India moved to Yonge & Lawrence. Not sure that counts as "permanently closed".
Thanks. I did not know that. The new sushi place did not suggest where they went. They just said "Permanently closed we are here now...want some sushi?"
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13391 posts
2205 upvotes
Toronto
Frank311 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 11:52 am
The Pizza Hut in Richmond Hill (Yonge st, north of 16th) has closed. There aren't many Pizza Hut restaurants remaining... soon the PH Buffet will be extinct.
Pizza hut full restaurants may be vanishing, but "Pizza hut express" locations are popping up everywhere instead. (a little hole in the wall place like this one: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Eglin ... 79.2384668 )
Maybe they were making more money on deliveries? If so, no need for the full restaurant.