• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2018 8:50 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2008 posts
1053 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 1:44 pm
Yeah, Milestones also left Yorkdale mall a while back. I wonder what's up with that?
Because Milestones would be a distant 5th choice behind Cheesecake Factory, Jamie Oliver's, Joey's, and Moxie's? Cara needs to pick their battles, and that's clearly a losing one.
Jan 16, 2016
10 posts
7 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 1:38 pm
Went to Milestones on Robson St. this wk only to find it was permanently closed. The only Vancouver location was on Cambie St near Broadway beside Whole Foods.
Milestones really went downhill in Vancouver. They shut down English Bay, Kitsilano, Robson, and Yaletown, with Cambie the only one left. All the other crap chains (Cactus Club, Earl's, Joey's, Moxie's, Brown's Socialhouse) are still going strong.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13393 posts
2206 upvotes
Toronto
EastGTARedFlagger wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 9:08 pm
Because Milestones would be a distant 5th choice behind Cheesecake Factory, Jamie Oliver's, Joey's, and Moxie's? Cara needs to pick their battles, and that's clearly a losing one.
Cara did pick their battles. They bought the Pickle barrel. Distant fifth? You don't even have Paramount on that list...the restaurant that replaced it, yet they're still there.
Pickle barrel is/was a good default for people who want to eat a lot sooner without the long wait for Cheesecake factory.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17796 posts
860 upvotes
Paramount is some of the worst middle eastern food I've ever had..
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13393 posts
2206 upvotes
Toronto
duckdown wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 9:26 am
Paramount is some of the worst middle eastern food I've ever had..
I never ate there myself, but many are telling me the same thing...yet they are still in business.
As for Yorkdale, maybe they survive alone on the idea that they are serving up something different from the other restaurants there.
(nobody said anything about good...just different...)
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17796 posts
860 upvotes
Probably a front for money laundering or something, I dunno who's eating there
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
3397 posts
1087 upvotes
Mississauga
They must be doing something right as the one near Erin Mills Town Centre is always busy. Lots of Arab/middle eastern customers there.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2008 posts
1053 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 1:52 am
Cara did pick their battles. They bought the Pickle barrel. Distant fifth? You don't even have Paramount on that list...the restaurant that replaced it, yet they're still there.
Pickle barrel is/was a good default for people who want to eat a lot sooner without the long wait for Cheesecake factory.
Pickle Barrel would be a distant sixth behind Cheesecake Factory, Jamie Oliver's, Joey's, Moxie's, and Paramount. It's an overpriced Druxy's.

Jamie's Italian is a good default for people who want to eat a lot sooner without the long wait for Cheesecake factory, as it's right next to it (as seen from the parking lot) and never has a lineup unlike the others.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2008 posts
1053 upvotes
duckdown wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 11:00 am
Probably a front for money laundering or something, I dunno who's eating there
mrweather wrote:
Sep 17th, 2018 9:03 pm
They must be doing something right as the one near Erin Mills Town Centre is always busy. Lots of Arab/middle eastern customers there.
Maybe they're just waiting/hoping for MTY or Cara to make an offer to buy them? Face With Tears Of Joy Plenty of bad food in those two rosters.... especially MTY...
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2206 posts
297 upvotes
The East Side Mario's at Dufferin and Steeles was recently renovated so I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon...........except if they only renovated to give it one more chance *shrug*
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17796 posts
860 upvotes
Heartland Town Center's ESM has jumbo signage up saying the same thing

Their patio actually looks pretty decent from what I quickly glanced at
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4539 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
It's been closed for some good time. I thought they closed for another renovation (shrink down the size like what they used to be) but no good sign.

They had been in business for so long (like more than 25 years). They made very good money to start with. Trend of AYCE made them to follow the path too and was able to sustain for a while.
johanscott wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 10:52 pm
Tenichi on Sheppard.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2008 posts
1053 upvotes
h2o- wrote:
Sep 21st, 2018 8:20 am
It's been closed for some good time. I thought they closed for another renovation (shrink down the size like what they used to be) but no good sign.

They had been in business for so long (like more than 25 years). They made very good money to start with. Trend of AYCE made them to follow the path too and was able to sustain for a while.
When they specialized in teppanyaki service they were quite good. Maybe a notch below Akasaka and Benihana (definitely way better than that sad excuse Memories of Japan) but closer to home and for a lot cheaper. When they became just another AYCE place, that was a disappointment. But hey, they lasted as an AYCE place for 10+ years. The place was ALWAYS packed -- did it fall that far that fast?

According to a Yelp review, some disgruntled employees jumped ship over to Matsuda: https://www.yelp.ca/biz/ten-ichi-japane ... =date_desc