• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2019 12:24 am
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2064 posts
1110 upvotes
h2o- wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 11:49 pm
Drove by there on the weekend, saw the temp banner hanging high.
Similarly, the former Crabby Joe's in Pickering (north side of Kingston Rd just east of Whites) is closed, with "Chuck's Roadhouse Coming Soon" temp banners covering the old sign. I know, Crabby and Chuck's are both owned by Obsidian Group...

Shoeless Joe's opened in the adjacent plaza very recently and it was pretty obvious which would be the last Joe standing. Shoeless in the evenings (in nicer weather) consistently has a full(ish) parking lot and people eating/drinking/smoking outside, while Crabby looked deserted by comparison, much like the failed Greek restaurant (and still vacant) it shares parking with.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4595 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
I know this is a chain but had no clue Baton Rouge in Eaton Ctr closed and replaced with a brand new bar/restaurant in its place.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13582 posts
2305 upvotes
Toronto
h2o- wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 8:41 am
I know this is a chain but had no clue Baton Rouge in Eaton Ctr closed and replaced with a brand new bar/restaurant in its place.
That happened a while ago.
I now wonder how they're doing up against a Keg across the street in the Yonge & Sheppard AREA.
Also In Scarborough they are up against Canyon Creek, just outside Scarborough town centre.
Last edited by playnicee1 on Nov 30th, 2018 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3058 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 9:14 am
I wonder how they're doing up against a Keg across the street in the Yonge & Sheppard area.
Hmm I guess you weren't referring to the previous post...trying to think how Yonge & Sheppard is across the street lol
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13582 posts
2305 upvotes
Toronto
duckdown wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 11:30 pm
Q on Queensway is closing forever
Yes. They lost out to developers who maintain that there are new plans for the land where the restaurant currently stands.
This is very sad. They were a nice alternative to Swiss Chalet.
I wish the Q could simply open up in a fresh new location. That would be nice...
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
3036 posts
278 upvotes
I was driving on Yonge north of Steeles the other day and noticed that The Fry Basket is gone. RIP to the home of the cheap, huge, hangover-friendly breakfast of my younger days.
Jul 20, 2012
554 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 11:41 pm
Yes. They lost out to developers who maintain that there are new plans for the land where the restaurant currently stands.
This is very sad. They were a nice alternative to Swiss Chalet.
I wish the Q could simply open up in a fresh new location. That would be nice...
The Mercedes dealership next door to the restaurant is expanding the dealership.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2759 posts
401 upvotes
Sorry to be asking dumb question. Are these restaurants still allwoed to reopen once they fix the issues they failed at? Or they can never reopen.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13582 posts
2305 upvotes
Toronto
EEE2 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 8:43 pm
Sorry to be asking dumb question. Are these restaurants still allwoed to reopen once they fix the issues they failed at? Or they can never reopen.
We are just stating the facts here. A restaurant closes. If it reopens, it's good to know this.
Like when I honestly thought that a certain Indian restaurant closed forever @ Yonge & Eglinton.
Turns out, they relocated to somewhere on Lawrence west.

I would LOVE to see the Q reopen.
Jul 6, 2008
787 posts
177 upvotes
London
duckdown wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 11:30 pm
Q on Queensway is closing forever
a ton of stuff on the queensway towards sherway will be replaced.. so much potential for condos.. haha
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4595 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto
Friend told me this was closed for good in October 2018 due to family decision.

h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13582 posts
2305 upvotes
Toronto
Mr. Roc's Crawfish on Spadina (Between College and Dundas) is now closed.

Renovations? Or permanent closure? The windows have been papered up and there is no "for lease" sign in the window.
So much for charging by how much a customer weighs! :twisted:

Whatever happened, they didn't seem to last long. lol