Restaurants that might not be around much longer

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2023 12:25 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
oroku1983 wrote: alright you win the concept of ordering fried chicken breast sounds horrible and I've honestly never had it in my life. I order everything but that whenever I have fried chicken.
Fried chicken breast sandwiches are great but what would you suggest fried chicken wing sandwiches?
Yeah it's too bad that restaurant closed! Oh well. Maybe a similar place will open up soon.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
oroku1983 wrote: alright you win the concept of ordering fried chicken breast sounds horrible and I've honestly never had it in my life. I order everything but that whenever I have fried chicken.
I don't like them either, but I've never heard of a place that doesn't have them.
Some people only like white meat. It'd be stupid for a restaurant NOT to have it.
Fried chicken breast sandwiches are great but what would you suggest fried chicken wing sandwiches?
This raises more questions than places that don't have white meat. Who the hell makes a wing into a sandwich?
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Aug 6, 2018
359 posts
352 upvotes
There isn't I'm wondering what other type of fried chicken sandwich you could have or do you just not like chicken sandwiches period?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
oroku1983 wrote: There isn't I'm wondering what other type of fried chicken sandwich you could have or do you just not like chicken sandwiches period?
Thighs?
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
oroku1983 wrote: eh sounds too fatty for a sandwich.
Boneless skinless has very little fat on it.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6564 upvotes
Toronto
Inatei last day is today as announced on their social media page:

Please be advised that Inatei will be closed for business starting tomorrow April 22, 2019. Thank you for all your support in the past 10-year. We hope to be able to serve you again some time in the future. Thank you.

Inatei is on Leslie Street in Richmond Hill
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
5275 posts
1435 upvotes
Toronto
They lasted long and longer than what I thought they could.
I remembered I first tried in 2011.

Pochacco wrote: Inatei last day is today as announced on their social media page:

Please be advised that Inatei will be closed for business starting tomorrow April 22, 2019. Thank you for all your support in the past 10-year. We hope to be able to serve you again some time in the future. Thank you.

h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21701 posts
17374 upvotes
Markham
Pochacco wrote: Inatei last day is today as announced on their social media page:

Not to be confused with Ematei

http://www.ematei.ca/

Ematei is an authentic Japanese Restaurant tucked away in the heart of downtown Toronto. Owned and managed by the Takano Family, since 1989, our dedicated staff continues to provide a genuine Japanese cuisine experience to our many loyal customers.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6564 upvotes
Toronto
h2o- wrote: They lasted long and longer than what I thought they could.
I remembered I first tried in 2011.

Wonder what is going to replace it? Another hot pot place ? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat Edit: it is going to be a noodle place
Last edited by Pochacco on Apr 25th, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
Gee wrote: Dark meat is tastier. But it is not as healthy as white meat.
It's like saying spinach is not as healthy as kale.

It's really negligible the amount of fat on boneless skinless thighs if you are even relatively healthy.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21708 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
I think Mongolian sheep Hot pot in Scarborough is done. "Closed for renovation". Windows papered up and the restaurant signage has been removed.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6564 upvotes
Toronto
The Cups at First Markham Place is closing - last day is Saturday, April 27 Crying Face

Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
c_snapper wrote: a episode from CBC's the fridge light podcast talking about white meat vs dark meat - https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thefridgelight ... -1.4251798
Someone have a TL;DW?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8584 posts
5368 upvotes
The bloor location of Dirty Bird has been for sale for months now. Rent is very high on bloor, even with a shared space (yogurty), & I notice the failure of restaurants on bloor to be very high over the yrs.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)