None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
11643 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto

Resturant that delivers and take debit

Hey anyone know places that accept debit on delivery?

Pizza Hut
KFC
don't accept debit on delivery.

Pizza Pizza
Swiss Chalet
accepts debit?

what other places can you guys think of
[QUOTE]One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
[/QUOTE]

PSN: Aznkid2000
3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
13 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
15913 posts
1272 upvotes
GTA West
Using debit in any situation other than at your bank's own ATM or branch is really dangerous.

Especially with low-paid delivery guys who are vulnerable to being paid by organized crime to skim your debit card, you are just asking for your card to be cloned and for your money to be stolen.

Of course, you will have it wait for your bank to investigate the theft of your money, and it could be weeks before you get anything back due to the reverse onus of having to prove that you didn't do it.

Pay cash and avoid big problems.
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17605 posts
741 upvotes
Brampton
how on earth do they do debit on delivery?

credit card, yes... but debit?
come troll our unofficial chatroom at #redflagdeals on EFnet
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2007
1170 posts
12 upvotes
Probably carry one of those external devices that sync with servers + validate card/pin. I think UPS/Fedex has a similar device.
Banned
Sep 11, 2008
404 posts
3 upvotes
GTA West
custy wrote:
Apr 10th, 2009 4:23 pm
Probably carry one of those external devices that sync with servers + validate card/pin. I think UPS/Fedex has a similar device.
They use cellular, these devices
Mortgage Agent Licence M08006899
Mortgage Brokerage Licence 11157
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
408 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
duckdown wrote:
Apr 10th, 2009 3:34 pm
how on earth do they do debit on delivery?

credit card, yes... but debit?
The device is wireless, connects to a 3G network. I know TD Canada Trust uses Bell's existing cellular network. The mobile terminal also can be used as a cell phone, mostly for users who need directions or to tell their client to expect them. It's about the size of a brick cell phone, so don't expect them to be like all fashionable and sleek.

Think taxi drivers, limo drivers, delivery people, etc.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
3694 posts
138 upvotes
srsly OP doesnt have the cash to pay for KFC/Pizza Pizza? the fact that u're home..
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2008
9782 posts
440 upvotes
mingyang wrote:
Apr 10th, 2009 11:43 pm
srsly OP doesnt have the cash to pay for KFC/Pizza Pizza? the fact that u're home..
There are quite a few people who have no cash at all at home.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
15611 posts
518 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Quiznos takes debit at door.
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VAPE NATION \//\ ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3861 posts
171 upvotes
I used one credit card or another to pay for almost everything, and don't keep cash at home, but I'd personally never trust a delivery driver with my debit card. I've worked at restaurants that deliver before, and lots of those guys are really sketchy. It's a low paying job most of the time and you get treated like crap, so you would expect it to attract a lot of people who can't find jobs doing much else.

(Before someone starts, I'm not making a derogatory comment towards all delivery people, just again ones I've seen who are sketchy, although lots I've met are great nice people with families)
Jan 21, 2007
243 posts
30 upvotes
Laval
Domino's Pizza accepts debit on delivery but you have to tell them when you place your order so they bring the machine.
Feb 28, 2012
1 posts
London, Ontario
If you go to just-eat.ca you can pay debit online and grubcanada.com tells you which restaurants have debit on delivery. I am another who does not carry cash.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2695 posts
258 upvotes
Markham
mingyang wrote:
Apr 10th, 2009 11:43 pm

Clearly we all have a secondary bank at home, since branches aren't good enough.
AVOID buying dashcams from BlackBoxMyCar (BBMC) Read about their lies and unethical tactics HERE.
× < >