• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2019 3:28 pm
[OP]
May 7, 2010
504 posts
45 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario

(Retailer) Regino's Pizza - refund refused+bad customer service

Might be a long read but I didnt wanna miss anything. If you wanna skip the story, then go to the end for the questions I have.

We ordered pizza over the phone, the guy said 10 mins. We arrive about 20 mins after, the cashier in the front asks us to pay. We paid (cash) and he says pizza is coming right up and goes away. But after a few mins we noticed that the employee inside is putting a pizza in the oven (there was nobody else in the store). So we call that employee over and ask "are you just putting our pizza in the oven?" And he says "yes" and "you'll have it in 10 mins". So we said, but we ordered 24 mins ago (going by our call time on the phone) and that the whole point of us ordering early so we dont have to come and wait. And that the other guy on the phone said it'll be ready in 10 mins. To which this employee responds "we never say 10 mins, we always say 20 mins" So we see this conversation going nowhere and ask we wanna speak to the same guy we spoke on the phone with. So he comes over and we ask the same question and he straight up says he didnt tell us that it'll be ready in 10 mins. So we said "but we called much earlier so it should've been ready regardless. There was plenty of time." So then he prints out the receipt from his computer and says look your order was put in at this time (which was 15 mins ago according to the receipt) and that the pizza will be ready in another 5 mins. We bring up the point again about that we called and ordered so we dont have to wait. And ask what did they do for that 15 mins because we literally saw the employee put our pizza in the oven after we paid. No response and he simply stays silent.

So we said "okay, we dont want the pizza anymore & we want a refund." He responds with "Yea we can offer you a refund but we need a reason" The level of disrespect and attitude when he said this is impossible to put into words. So we said "you promised 10 mins and you didnt deliver so we want a refund." So he started arguing about how he didnt say that and he cant give a refund. And it seemed like he didnt think it's warranted. We even said things like we're unsatisfied with your service and that we want a refund. And every time he would either say no or just stay quiet. Even when we said we just saw your employee put our pizza in the oven after we paid. He's like 'no". He started saying things like "you guys paid by cash so I cant offer refund" and "our policy is to only give store credit". Which completely sounded made up so we asked him "What policy is this? Show it to us." Not a word, just silence from him. We said "You just made that up, didnt you? There is no such policy" He nods 'yes' confusingly. We were so baffled by his utter ignorance at this point, and we realized this guy doesnt seem to understand us or may be he's just pretending. But he was definitely lying to our face.

Also by now, about 10 mins had gone by and the employee from inside brings our pizza to the counter and says that our pizza is ready now. He asks (politely) if we can take it and that only this time it took a few extra mins. To lookover/excuse this instance. :facepalm: This dude seem to have a better understanding than the one at the counter. But we still said no we dont want the pizza anymore, we want a refund.

Anyway, now we ask to speak to a manager or the owner, to which the cashier says he doesnt know where the manager is and even if he calls him it might take some time for him to get here. We said we'll wait. We literally give him a few mins to call but I shit you not, he just pretends to do some work. Like organizing the boxes and cleaning the counter. So we're like are you not gonna call? He said "yea after i finish this". Which would obviously piss anyone off. So we asked "one last time, are you gonan call your manager now or not?" He starts to give us a an excuse about how he doesnt know where the manager might be and that he might not even answer. So we said "that's a 'no'" And at this point we didnt know what to do and we didnt wanna stand there and argue like idiots so we took our receipt and left.

We think what probably happened was, most likely he forgot to put the order through after talking to us on the phone. All he had to do was say he made a mistake this time and it will not happen again and we would've been fine. Because we're regular customers, and the guy even knows we're regulars. He probably didnt want to have to explain to the owner it was his mistake. The order was for freaking $12 and he didnt want to offer a refund. We probably would've even taken the store credit had he admitted he made a mistake but to say that we are lying? Nope. Not having that.

Anyways, what are your thoughts? We were refused refund (we didnt take the pizza & we didnt get our money back), he refused to let us speak to the manager/owner & he lied to us as we were having the conversation.
- What are our options at this point?
- We've been trying to find a number to call to complain but they dont have anything of that sort. Their website is not helpful either.
- We would prefer to speak to a franchise manager but the closest thing on their website is an email for inquiring about franchising options.
- Also, while browsing their site, we found out their policy is refund or store credit. And this guy couldnt even point toward this at the store. smh.
37 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
2422 posts
218 upvotes
Brampton
This is such a non issue. I can understand the principle of it, but sometimes you just have to pick your battles.

You didn't want to wait and it sounds like you were in a rush, but ultimately spent more time being petty and bickering.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8177 posts
1118 upvotes
This is what Delissio pizza from a super market was made for, especially when it's on sale for $4.44 or something.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Feb 18, 2014
322 posts
165 upvotes
Drop by again and see if you can ask the other guy if he can get in touch with the owner.
Try mailing them, they may redirect your email to the owner.
I had an incident at A&W, mailed someone at online and received an email from the owner.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5499 posts
1653 upvotes
Space
Agreed with the other poster. Sometimes you have to pick your battles. People make mistakes, this one cost you 15 minutes. I think it could have been handled differently by the establishment and yourself.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8005 posts
1584 upvotes
Mississauga
AlienKing wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 9:09 pm
Might be a long read but I didnt wanna miss anything. If you wanna skip the story, then go to the end for the questions I have.

We ordered pizza over the phone, the guy said 10 mins. We arrive about 20 mins after, the cashier in the front asks us to pay. We paid (cash) and he says pizza is coming right up and goes away. But after a few mins we noticed that the employee inside is putting a pizza in the oven (there was nobody else in the store). So we call that employee over and ask "are you just putting our pizza in the oven?" And he says "yes" and "you'll have it in 10 mins". So we said, but we ordered 24 mins ago (going by our call time on the phone) and that the whole point of us ordering early so we dont have to come and wait. And that the other guy on the phone said it'll be ready in 10 mins. To which this employee responds "we never say 10 mins, we always say 20 mins" So we see this conversation going nowhere and ask we wanna speak to the same guy we spoke on the phone with. So he comes over and we ask the same question and he straight up says he didnt tell us that it'll be ready in 10 mins. So we said "but we called much earlier so it should've been ready regardless. There was plenty of time." So then he prints out the receipt from his computer and says look your order was put in at this time (which was 15 mins ago according to the receipt) and that the pizza will be ready in another 5 mins. We bring up the point again about that we called and ordered so we dont have to wait. And ask what did they do for that 15 mins because we literally saw the employee put our pizza in the oven after we paid. No response and he simply stays silent.

So we said "okay, we dont want the pizza anymore & we want a refund." He responds with "Yea we can offer you a refund but we need a reason" The level of disrespect and attitude when he said this is impossible to put into words. So we said "you promised 10 mins and you didnt deliver so we want a refund." So he started arguing about how he didnt say that and he cant give a refund. And it seemed like he didnt think it's warranted. We even said things like we're unsatisfied with your service and that we want a refund. And every time he would either say no or just stay quiet. Even when we said we just saw your employee put our pizza in the oven after we paid. He's like 'no". He started saying things like "you guys paid by cash so I cant offer refund" and "our policy is to only give store credit". Which completely sounded made up so we asked him "What policy is this? Show it to us." Not a word, just silence from him. We said "You just made that up, didnt you? There is no such policy" He nods 'yes' confusingly. We were so baffled by his utter ignorance at this point, and we realized this guy doesnt seem to understand us or may be he's just pretending. But he was definitely lying to our face.

Also by now, about 10 mins had gone by and the employee from inside brings our pizza to the counter and says that our pizza is ready now. He asks (politely) if we can take it and that only this time it took a few extra mins. To lookover/excuse this instance. :facepalm: This dude seem to have a better understanding than the one at the counter. But we still said no we dont want the pizza anymore, we want a refund.

Anyway, now we ask to speak to a manager or the owner, to which the cashier says he doesnt know where the manager is and even if he calls him it might take some time for him to get here. We said we'll wait. We literally give him a few mins to call but I shit you not, he just pretends to do some work. Like organizing the boxes and cleaning the counter. So we're like are you not gonna call? He said "yea after i finish this". Which would obviously piss anyone off. So we asked "one last time, are you gonan call your manager now or not?" He starts to give us a an excuse about how he doesnt know where the manager might be and that he might not even answer. So we said "that's a 'no'" And at this point we didnt know what to do and we didnt wanna stand there and argue like idiots so we took our receipt and left.

We think what probably happened was, most likely he forgot to put the order through after talking to us on the phone. All he had to do was say he made a mistake this time and it will not happen again and we would've been fine. Because we're regular customers, and the guy even knows we're regulars. He probably didnt want to have to explain to the owner it was his mistake. The order was for freaking $12 and he didnt want to offer a refund. We probably would've even taken the store credit had he admitted he made a mistake but to say that we are lying? Nope. Not having that.

Anyways, what are your thoughts? We were refused refund (we didnt take the pizza & we didnt get our money back), he refused to let us speak to the manager/owner & he lied to us as we were having the conversation.
- What are our options at this point?
- We've been trying to find a number to call to complain but they dont have anything of that sort. Their website is not helpful either.
- We would prefer to speak to a franchise manager but the closest thing on their website is an email for inquiring about franchising options.
- Also, while browsing their site, we found out their policy is refund or store credit. And this guy couldnt even point toward this at the store. smh.
Quoted for when you realize how silly you sounded and try to hide the evidence.
Feb 16, 2018
504 posts
454 upvotes
I would just write a negative review on facebook/google and be done with it. That's what review sites are for. Call up and ask to speak to the manager at some point.

You were treated poorly by what sounds like an employee who didn't give a shit. But the amount of time and effort you are spending on $12 can't be worth the time or aggravation. Yes it sucks and there is principle involved but life is to short to be wasting the time it took to post this question on an internet forum and waste any more time on it.

Also the fact that you are asking for advice on what to do on such a trivial manner on an internet forum is very strange. As in you must have been very sheltered or something when growing up strange because I can't think of a single reason that any reasonable person would need advice on what to do in this situation.
Jun 10, 2016
108 posts
85 upvotes
Brampton
rather ironic that you are arguing about 10 minutes of wasted time, but spent how long writing all this up?

Can I get a refund for reading this thinking there has to be more to the story than waiting 10 minutes for a pizza??
Last edited by muscleflex on Mar 25th, 2019 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1290 posts
849 upvotes
St Catharines
It's your own fault that you're out $12 AND the pizza. You should have just taken it. Did you get yourself so worked up that you felt too sick to eat?

Submit a complaint about that specific employee, if you feel so inclined, but I'm sure that no one on this forum is going to care enough to boycott this tiny GTA chain because of your post.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9028 posts
3605 upvotes
Toronto
In before “I got food poisoning from the pizza”
Koodo customer $40 8GB
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
1545 posts
518 upvotes
I would call the media outlets...this is too important of an issue to just let slide! :facepalm:
Alex
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
2981 posts
207 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Yea, sorry - while it does suck they were dishonest about the times, you ultimately were offered a pizza that was as fresh as could be, didn't sit around. I don't know why this has become what it is now.

This is such a non-issue.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare
Jul 20, 2014
711 posts
98 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
This is something my mom would post lol, should have taken the pizza.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23987 posts
9516 upvotes
muscleflex wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 8:20 am
rather ironic that you are arguing about 10 minutes of wasted time, but spent how long writing all this up?
I'm more impressed OP is complaining about wasting another 5 minutes but was fine with waiting for a manager for who knows how long.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5489 posts
872 upvotes
Toronto
Solsearchin1 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 3:42 am
Agreed with the other poster. Sometimes you have to pick your battles. People make mistakes, this one cost you 15 minutes. I think it could have been handled differently by the establishment and yourself.
This. I think the employees could have just been honest and said "we blew it, prepped the pizza and didn't go into the oven in time.". In turn, you could have noticed they were too embarrassed to be honest of their mistake and leave it as is. If you're a regular customer you'll know they don't always do that.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)