Shopping Discussion

(Retailer) Regino's Pizza - refund refused+bad customer service

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2019 3:28 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4531 posts
604 upvotes
The employee who said 10 mins is a idiot, because I order pizza a lot, & every single franchise will always tell you 20 mins for pickup or somewhere along that line (20-30 min). Reason being, these stores go from 0 to super busy real quick. This employee was not following Reginos guidelines, cause there's no way in hell any pizza franchise tells customers 10 mins for a pizza pickup unless its slices
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1477 posts
378 upvotes
Toronto
Which location is this?

I think the location at Pharmacy and Finch is owned by a family. I'm sure they're considered to be a small family business. The others may be as well. Either the guy messed up and didn't want to admit it (like you said) or they were waiting for you to come in first and then cook the pizza just in case it was a crank call. Sounds like it could have been the latter because they had the uncooked pizza all ready to be cooked just sitting there. Also, at least it's hot and fresh for you.

I agree. Pick your battles. I think pizzas generally take 5 mins to cook. Unless you were in a hurry then 5 mins is not too bad. I agree that it's the principal and the pizza should have been ready but maybe they had too many crank calls, If this were the case they could have mentioned this to you. I don't know what was wrong with the guy that you talked to but he was just out right lying to your face about everything for some reason.

If you really want to complain then I would suggest calling in and asking to speak to a manager. The problem is you might end up talking to the same guy. He might be there everyday if it's a family run business.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5042 posts
720 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
HP_John wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 11:48 am
The employee who said 10 mins is a idiot, because I order pizza a lot, & every single franchise will always tell you 20 mins for pickup or somewhere along that line (20-30 min). Reason being, these stores go from 0 to super busy real quick. This employee was not following Reginos guidelines, cause there's no way in hell any pizza franchise tells customers 10 mins for a pizza pickup unless its slices
It takes 7 minutes to actually cook a pizza, so quoting 10 minutes is perfectly reasonable if there are no other orders ahead of this.
What you seem to have missed is that the pizza wasn't even in the oven when the OP arrived - seems more like the pizza place was worried about the OP not showing up, a crank call like ds2chan suggested.
And then the employee didn't want to say that when the OP did show up.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4531 posts
604 upvotes
krs wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 12:05 pm
It takes 7 minutes to actually cook a pizza, so quoting 10 minutes is perfectly reasonable if there are no other orders ahead of this.
What you seem to have missed is that the pizza wasn't even in the oven when the OP arrived - seems more like the pizza place was worried about the OP not showing up, a crank call like ds2chan suggested.
And then the employee didn't want to say that when the OP did show up.
Takes time to stretch out the dough (its usually in ball form then they roll it out/stretch), add sauce, cheese, toppings, etc. In theory, yes 10 mins is possible but its a rush job. But the point is, there isn't a single pizza franchise that tells customers their pizza is ready in 10 mins. I've ordered from Dominos, Pizza Nova, Pizza Pizza, Pizza Hut, 241, Pizzaville, there isn't a single pizza franchise in Canada that tells customers 10 mins. This employee should not have said 10 mins, & yes, I did see the pizza wasn't in the oven. Still, if the employee had quoted 20 mins it wouldn't have been nearly as bad. Most pizza franchises quote 20-30 mins, even if they know they can make the pizza faster.
I am a Koodo customer
May 23, 2008
616 posts
199 upvotes
Gtown ON
I upvoted the OP. Not because of a pizza or 10 minutes or whatever, but because the employee is a person that does not stand up for his mistakes. If they would have said "my bad, it slipped and I did not put it in the oven until now" I am sure the OP would have been fine with that - everyone makes mistakes, and a decent person should own them. The store would have still had the OP as a customer.
It's not like by admitting an error the employee would have lost anything. Again, every human makes mistakes - it's the way we deal with them that matters. But I see more and more that "saving face" is more important than anything these days...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9685 posts
1156 upvotes
Toronto
daddyho24 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 8:45 am
It's your own fault that you're out $12 AND the pizza. You should have just taken it. Did you get yourself so worked up that you felt too sick to eat?

Submit a complaint about that specific employee, if you feel so inclined, but I'm sure that no one on this forum is going to care enough to boycott this tiny GTA chain because of your post.
This.

I had almost an identical situation happen at a pizza pizza where I paid and the free timer passed by 6 minutes. Manager told me too bad, and asked if I was that poor that I needed free food. I called head office who called the store and ignored his call 3x to which they called me back only to hear him yelling in the background that I'm too poor and a scammer.

In the end I got the food for free plus a credit for another order and haven't been to that location since.

Another one was the free car wash promo Esso does where the manager told me "I don't give a f---, just because the sign says free wash if we don't ask means nothing to me" got me 3 free car washes in the end... And when I went back the next week the other employee I usually see told me the other manager was terminated.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5398 posts
649 upvotes
Scarborough
should've taken the HOT/FRESH pizza and paid and left. It would've been awesome to have hot pie instead of warm pie.
Or do Mcdz next time it takes less time in drivethru get some burgers instead

and if you're regulars there, forget it and find another place. the employees gonna laugh if u go there again