None
Banned
Feb 4, 2002
4070 posts
101 upvotes
Barrie, Ontario
playstationfx wrote:
Nov 15th, 2011 8:10 am
Well, its time for microsoft, to redesign software, so it looks big @ 2840×2400 or higher resolution with retinal pixels on a standart 17 inch monitors
not sure why this isn't done yet.
the technology is there.
For all those people that do work with their noses touching their monitors? Also, what is a 'retinal' pixel?

See that chart that someone posted that shows display PPI for phones. Old sharp phones have higher PPI than the new Iphones, no one cares. You're regurgitating Apple marketing when you really don't know what you're talking about.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes
Retina matters on a phone because the text is very small already and so is the screen. Also when reading people tend to be a few inches from the screen.

I sit a foot away even from my PC monitor and the text is a few orders of magnitude bigger to start with, so lack of retina doesn't bother me.

That is not to say the technology should not be here, it will eventually. But it is not like if we cannot get it right now we are unable to watch our current screens.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 4, 2009
7663 posts
761 upvotes
North York
wasserware wrote:Once upon a time in early 2000, IBM had a monster LCD monitor with 3840×2400 pixels on a 22 inch size :twisted: and I had the honor to use it for a while and let me tell you no other monitors today matches the life-life feeling of that monitor.
OMG !!!

When will the vendors be able to put out a single GPU that could push that full resolution for our newest games with full eye candy.

That is 9.2 million pixels. 1080p is 2 million pixels.

When that day comes along, we may very well get games that look like Blu-ray movies.
Banned
Feb 4, 2002
4070 posts
101 upvotes
Barrie, Ontario
wasserware wrote:Hehe..the latest AMD Radeon and Nvidia GPUs in quad mode can drive three 30 inch monitors but you'll need one hell of a big desk and monster CPU.
Yep, there are people pushing over 9 million pixels gaming already. 2560x1600 x3 = 12.3 million Granted, I doubt there is any single GPU card that would do it with decent settings.

I'm gaming on a mid-range system with 1680x1050 x3 = 5.3 million
× < >