Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 17, 2015
3 posts
Verdun, QC

Return CBP I-94A in Montreal?

Hi,

I'm a French citizen with a Canadian permanent residency. I live in Montreal. I travelled to the States by land, and got a Visa Waiver CBP I-94A. When crossing back the border, I didn't return the document as I was supposed to go back to the States within the 3-month period that this document is valid for.

However, I now have no plans to travel back to the States. How should I turn back in the Visa Waiver ? Is there a place in Montreal that deals with that, such as the Guy Favreau complex for example?

Thanks very much for your answers!
4 replies
Jan 9, 2011
311 posts
134 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Present yourself to the CBSA counter at Trudeau Airport. Bring your passport or PR card and the I-94 and they'll take care of the rest. You can also try the USCBP service desk there but it's not often open wheresas CBSA is 24/7.
[OP]
Nov 17, 2015
3 posts
Verdun, QC
Hi ls17031. Thanks for the answer!

I will be flying out of the country for Christmas, flying with Air Canada. Would the CBSA counter be located on the same level / in the same area, or is it an entirely different section of the airport? Sorry all those questions ha ha, but I want to understand how much time I need to plan for this before my flight.

And to your knowledge, there is no office in Montreal itself where I can go to return the document?

Thanks again very much!
Jan 9, 2011
311 posts
134 upvotes
Montreal, QC
No worries Hadrienlbb.

The CBSA counter is at the international arrivals area. Look for the signs for the corridor leading to it behind the convenience store at the arrivals waiting area. Budget about 5 minutes for the entire transaction, including finding the counter and walking to it.

CBSA offices downtown won't accept the I-94 because they only hold them for pickup by USCBP and their only facility is at YUL. The only other option I could think of is the US consulate but since that option isn't listed on the back of the document they'd probably just refer you to the airport since delivery to the USCBP is the final destination of such documents.
[OP]
Nov 17, 2015
3 posts
Verdun, QC
Thanks again so much for all the details. It's very much appreciated. I will plan to go to the CBSA counter before I depart for Christmas.

Cheers!! =)