Shopping Discussion

Return item to Futureshop with no receipt ?

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2008 10:16 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 4, 2007
125 posts
1 upvote
Returned for full store credit with no problems.
Aug 17, 2004
138 posts
Don't know if policies have been updated at Future Shop, Best Buy, etc. lately, but none of those stores would let me exchange a brand new sealed PS3 game for store credit today.

Seems like they're really cracking down on this, FYI.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8292 posts
4014 upvotes
nina wrote:
May 1st, 2008 12:09 am
Don't know if policies have been updated at Future Shop, Best Buy, etc. lately, but none of those stores would let me exchange a brand new sealed PS3 game for store credit today.

Seems like they're really cracking down on this, FYI.
Should have asked for a manager.

I've always been able to get store credit w/o a receipt.

However, they will give you the lowest amount the item sold for.
ie. if the game at the moment is 49.99, but somewhere down the road it was on sale for 29.99, you would get 29.99+tax as your credit as opposed to the current value.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3861 posts
171 upvotes
boyoflondon wrote:
May 1st, 2008 12:31 am
Should have asked for a manager.

I've always been able to get store credit w/o a receipt.

However, they will give you the lowest amount the item sold for.
ie. if the game at the moment is 49.99, but somewhere down the road it was on sale for 29.99, you would get 29.99+tax as your credit as opposed to the current value.
I've seen written policies saying they won't accept anything without a receipt.

I've never been able to do it at any store in Ottawa.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
208 upvotes
Surrey
Bidou78 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2008 1:12 am
The very next week I successfully returned an unopened 4 gig ipod that was originally purchased at a different store for store credit which got me the 8 gig model for 50 bux more! :cheesygri
Well then...that's something to be proud of, isn't it? There's a huge difference between getting a real deal and simply being a fraudster.
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
Mar 14, 2008
119 posts
Bidou78 wrote:
Over the holidays I wanted to return an xbox 360 game but they said no. The very next week I successfully returned an unopened 4 gig ipod that was originally purchased at a different store for store credit which got me the 8 gig model for 50 bux more! :cheesygri
Hmm... you do realize that is fraud and is illegal ? I am sure, given the type of person you are, you probably don't care and have done it many times before.

One day you'll get caught though - until then, looks like you've now switched sides from being regular citizen to criminal. Bet you're proud of yourself.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
Bidou78 wrote:
Over the holidays I wanted to return an xbox 360 game but they said no. The very next week I successfully returned an unopened 4 gig ipod that was originally purchased at a different store for store credit which got me the 8 gig model for 50 bux more! :cheesygri
This is the exact reason that retailers are unable to trust their customers anymore. People like you ruin it for the people who legitimately misplace their invoice and need what is essentially a favour from the retailer.

Be proud of yourself.