Shopping Discussion

Returning Boots to Walmart after 90 days?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2010 9:46 am
Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
775 upvotes
I have returned shoes falling apart after being worn after 960 days without incident but YMMV
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2004
1735 posts
301 upvotes
billy08 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2010 7:26 pm
I have a pair of boots I want to return. I bought them on April 1, so they're about 107 days old.

Do you think it's possible to return them now?

I've got the receipt but I'm not sure if I should try to use it, or tell them I bought them a month ago and don't have the receipt.

Even if I could just get a store credit or exchange it would be great.

Any suggestions?
Perhaps:
1) Received as gift and don't like them (with or w/o receipt)
2) Bought as gift for someone and they don't fit (with receipt)

Either way the best you will probably get is a GC.
Sword of Omens....Give me deals beyond deals!
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10453 posts
2019 upvotes
Nowhere
modano9 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2010 6:57 pm
Perhaps:
1) Received as gift and don't like them (with or w/o receipt)

Either way the best you will probably get is a GC.
Why should the OP lie? He said that the boots have been worn and are falling apart. They can not been returned for resale. If the boots are really falling apart and haven't been abused, take them back and tell them that. With normal use, they should last longer than 100 days.
Aug 21, 2009
35 posts
Mississauga
dgs wrote:
Jul 17th, 2010 7:59 pm
Perhaps you've got a toothbrush that could do with replacing as well - you could take that in at the same time. Honestly, some people bring new meaning to the word abuse.
LOL :D This is the reason why I do not shop at Walmart. You get what you pay for. I can't believe some people have no shame. The item has been worn for 107 days, lol. If you want product that lasts a little longer, prepare to spend more. Otherwise, live with the consequences!

The designer shoes (and boots) that I buy are bought on sale and they last 3-4 years. In fact, the shoes that I bought never get damaged, I just stopped using them after 1-2 years when they go out of style.

RFD is entertaining as I learn hilarious stuff here that I thought did not happen.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
6102 posts
2392 upvotes
Alberta
billy08 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2010 9:09 pm
They've been worn (are falling apart), and I have no tags or box...

I guess I'll try with the receipt.
Shouldn't be a problem if it's a manufacturing defect.
Mar 1, 2008
461 posts
15 upvotes
Perhaps the defect is not a manufacturing one but a defect in the walk of the person wearing them. Or maybe they've been worn untied and have been dragged about for 107 days. This could result In them getting all ****** up.

I really hope they don't accept the return.
No nappy no happy!!
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2004
1735 posts
301 upvotes
Cheap Cat wrote:
Jul 18th, 2010 7:47 pm
Why should the OP lie? He said that the boots have been worn and are falling apart. They can not been returned for resale. If the boots are really falling apart and haven't been abused, take them back and tell them that. With normal use, they should last longer than 100 days.
Seems to be good at making up stories...

Outstanding! Thanks for the laugh!
Sword of Omens....Give me deals beyond deals!
Aug 1, 2006
353 posts
41 upvotes
modano9 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2010 6:57 pm
lol bought as a gift and they don't fit, that's why they're worn and falling apart.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2005
6657 posts
265 upvotes
St. Catharines
Another guy that rents products from big box stores so he wreck the decent return policy. :mad:
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
3297 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
TheRed wrote:
Jul 18th, 2010 6:11 pm
I have returned shoes falling apart after being worn after 960 days without incident but YMMV
I have returned food to wal mart after it came out the other side too YMMY!

Seriously OP, you have worn the heck outta the boots and you think you deserve a refund?
Sep 6, 2004
510 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
I live in East York and today is garbage day for us. Perhaps the OP can come to my neighbourhood and go through the various trash cans, pull out any discarded items from Wal-Mart and return them back to Wal-Mart for a refund. That should go pretty smoothly.