• May 15th, 2016 5:40 am
Tags:
None
Apr 1, 2004
533 posts
406 upvotes

Returning stuff bought at The Bay at Home Outfitters

perhaps a dumb question...

can I return / price adjust something I bought at the Bay at Home Outfitters? considering they are under the same company

reason I ask... bought a T-fal Talent pan last week at 65% off, and now Home Outfitters have the same pan at 75% off

would like to save a trip to the Bay if I can
7 replies
Jan 11, 2014
212 posts
47 upvotes
Not likely. Same company but different systems, accounts, etc.
Sep 27, 2003
11122 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
Just ask The Bay to price match it.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1853 posts
5628 upvotes
As per The Bay's price match policy:

• If you have already purchased the item and find it at a competitor, simply call or email us within 7 days and we will gladly adjust the price. Price must be able to be verified on competitor’s site.

https://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/store ... t-view/FAQ

So if you bought the item within 7 days just give The Bay a call, if you don't want to go there.

Home Outfitters wont adjust the price for you. Same owner (HBC) but different company.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2013
3158 posts
3525 upvotes
Montreal
Make sure the pan at The Bay and Home Outfitters have the same UPC code. Buy it at Outfitters and return it at The Bay.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4624 posts
1064 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
SquadG wrote: Make sure the pan at The Bay and Home Outfitters have the same UPC code. Buy it at Outfitters and return it at The Bay.
While this works, the whole point is that the OP wanted to avoid another trip to The Bay.
Apr 1, 2004
533 posts
406 upvotes
yeah... didn't think it would work

It's just over 7 days for the purchase, which btw is really dumb on the bay's part, considering returns are good for 30 days

I hate arguing with the salesperson to get my way, even if it's suppose to be valid. working retail myself too and it just waste people's time or hold up the line
so I'd rather do somehing that is straightforward...

I'll prob take a trip to home outfitters first to buy it, then go to the bay to return the prev one
I am tempted to keep both if the bay would let me price match with home outfitters receipt, but who needs that many frying pans... :p

thanks everyone!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)