None
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
madcracker wrote:
Jan 8th, 2010 1:38 pm
Game companies don't make different bar codes for different stores. Also, you don't have to tell them you bought it there. You can tell them you received it as a Christmas gift. They won't ask if it was purchased from their store. And if they do ask, "I believe so. That's what she said anyway."
So you are condoning the OP lying about their purchase to Wal-Mart. Its easy for people to say they would never do something like shoplift or steal money from a cash register but its situations like this that show a persons true character.
Nov 17, 2009
233 posts
25 upvotes
Heavenguard wrote:
Jan 8th, 2010 1:45 pm
Ah, I did not know this, and was not advocating for the OP to perform and act of fraud. I just had out-dated info; previously - as far as I knew - Wal-mart did accept items from other stores in this fashion.
I didn't know that they had stopped either. That's unfortunate.
Nov 17, 2009
233 posts
25 upvotes
Hunter316 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2010 1:46 pm
So you are condoning the OP lying about their purchase to Wal-Mart. Its easy for people to say they would never do something like shoplift or steal money from a cash register but its situations like this that show a persons true character.
I don't have a problem with anyone going to WalMart and lying to them. I don't let that sort of thing bother me. It's not my item that's being returned.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9423 posts
450 upvotes
madcracker wrote:
Jan 8th, 2010 1:50 pm
I don't have a problem with anyone going to WalMart and lying to them. I don't let that sort of thing bother me. It's not my item that's being returned.
so you`d only have a problem with it if it affected you?!
Nov 17, 2009
233 posts
25 upvotes
rems wrote:
Jan 8th, 2010 1:53 pm
so you`d only have a problem with it if it affected you?!
I'm not about to feign concern for Wal Mart. They have policies in place. Some people abuse them, most don't. If they want to stop people from abusing these policies, change them, because you're certainly not going to change the people.

Explain why I should care if the OP returns a game to WalMart that he didn't purchase there?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2008
1281 posts
39 upvotes
Langley
madcracker wrote:
Jan 8th, 2010 1:56 pm
I'm not about to feign concern for Wal Mart. They have policies in place. Some people abuse them, most don't. If they want to stop people from abusing these policies, change them, because you're certainly not going to change the people.

Explain why I should care if the OP returns a game to WalMart that he didn't purchase there?
To me its not about protecting Wal-Mart from unethical individuals but thinking about the vast majority of consumers that will be affected when Wal-Mart changes their policy and makes it harder for legit returns. There is also the matter of personal integrity but based on previous posts I don't think its worth having that debate with you anytime soon.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9423 posts
450 upvotes
madcracker wrote:
Jan 8th, 2010 1:56 pm

because it`s fraud? It`s not a return if he didnt buy it from there.
Are you ok with fraud?
Nov 17, 2009
233 posts
25 upvotes
Hunter316 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2010 2:04 pm
To me its not about protecting Wal-mart from unethical individuals but thinking about the vast majority of consumers that will be affected when Wal-Mart changes their policy and makes it harder for legit returns. There is also the matter of personal integrity but based on previous posts I don't think its worth having that debate with you anytime soon.
It's less to do with integrity and more to do with apathy. You won't see me buying games at discount prices and trying to return them to other stores to make a profit. You also won't see me letting someone else doing that bother me.

I don't have a problem if WalMart refuses any returns without a receipt. I've lost receipts in the past, it happens. I don't have a problem with it being my responsibility to retain my receipt or be stuck with my purchase.
Nov 17, 2009
233 posts
25 upvotes
rems wrote:
Jan 8th, 2010 2:07 pm
because it`s fraud? It`s not a return if he didnt buy it from there.
Are you ok with fraud?
I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying that I don't let it bother me.

I probably also won't claim any money from items I'll eventually sell on the BST boards.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2007
4599 posts
120 upvotes
madcracker wrote:
Jan 8th, 2010 1:50 pm
Whether you realize it or not, it is your problem. Part of the price that you pay for everything is to cover the amount that goes towards fraud and theft. If you wish to pay so the OP can commit fraud, send them a cheque. I don't want to have to pay for it.
Nov 17, 2009
233 posts
25 upvotes
Valid point. As small as the fraction is, it's still responsible for an increase in price. As far as theft goes anyway. As far as returning it goes, the location where he returns it would have nothing to do with the price going up, no more than it would if it was returned with a receipt.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2005
3085 posts
249 upvotes
Vancouver
I dont see anything wrong to return items to china-mart
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5978 posts
144 upvotes
dont get me started about people abusing the return policy at bestbuy and FS
images are not permitted in sigs
Nov 17, 2009
233 posts
25 upvotes
Tomy wrote:
Jan 8th, 2010 3:51 pm
dont get me started about people abusing the return policy at bestbuy and FS
I'd be interested to read it. What's some of the worst you've seen? Are you or have you been an employee of either store?