Careers

Revenue canada exams

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2019 11:08 am
Jan 2, 2005
30 posts
1 upvote

Revenue canada exams

I have an exam this week for the Competency Based Organizational Questionnaire (CBOQ) and the Competency Based Behavioral Questionnaire(CBBQ) tests. I have no clue about what to expect/what to prepare. Anyone has any insights ?

Thanks in advance.
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
2029 replies
Oct 12, 2002
386 posts
2 upvotes
its a 45 minute exam.

Its situational judgment in the work force. Apparently they give you 3 scenarios and you choose what you would do in that scenario.

This test is to replace the wonderlic btw.

hope that helps.
May 18, 2006
407 posts
29 upvotes
Etobicoke
email the person that screened you in.
they should send you everything you need....
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2007
1437 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto, ON
is this exam for employees in the canada revenue board?
or is it a certification?
One of the happiest moments in life . . .
"is when you find the courage to let go of what you can't change"
Oct 6, 2007
311 posts
3 upvotes
I am guessing the answer is B because it has 2 unique features, no antenna and 3 solid bars under the monitor. The other choices only have 1 unique element.

Damned if I know what this has to do with taxation, however. :confused:
Electricute wrote: [IMG]http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/3144/testqna1.th.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img265.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif[/IMG]

anybody else written this exam? got this test next month, not really sure what to expect, and can't find any study material.

The question above was taken from a pract test, i got it right but im not sure why the answer is what it is.
May 18, 2006
407 posts
29 upvotes
Etobicoke
did the testing a few months ago...
the test is all about logic....

they will tell you the skills you are being tested for, and you'll have some really vague questions and answers...

ie:
if you a member of a team, and extra work falls onto you... what would you?
(A) deal with it and do the work
(B) b|tch out the person who gave it to you
(C) complain to your manager
(D) pass it onto another co-worker...

its quetions like that..
if you're really out there in left field (like many of them people who live on the other side of the river), you will get the right answer.

the guys from the other side of the river, will get the interview, cuz they speak that language... us ontarioans do not..
Oct 2, 2008
24 posts
toronto
Has anyone who applied for Taxpayer Services Agent heard back from CRA? Just wondering as I completed all the tests and interview and waiting on Wonderlic/Writing Skills test results and a final yes or no on the job.
Feb 2, 2008
401 posts
1 upvote
canuck08 wrote: Has anyone who applied for Taxpayer Services Agent heard back from CRA? Just wondering as I completed all the tests and interview and waiting on Wonderlic/Writing Skills test results and a final yes or no on the job.
what do you mean you were called for interview?
Feb 10, 2008
129 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
canuck08 wrote: Has anyone who applied for Taxpayer Services Agent heard back from CRA? Just wondering as I completed all the tests and interview and waiting on Wonderlic/Writing Skills test results and a final yes or no on the job.
The wonderlic takes about 4 weeks to grade. Did you write it with the group that wrote it earlier this evening?
Feb 10, 2008
129 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
nabil114 wrote: what do you mean you were called for interview?
As stated during the testing tonight, CRA has been conducting interviews previous and concurrently with the testing. If you haven't yet been called but got your 1 and 1* expect a call within the week for your interview. They will Phone first, then once they contact you and set a time you will be sent an e-mail.
Oct 2, 2008
24 posts
toronto
Completed the final tests in the hiring process (wonderlic + writing skills) a few weeks ago but haven't gotten the test results or phone call/email as to whether i've been accepted for job (or not).
Feb 2, 2008
401 posts
1 upvote
any advice for people who taken the wonderlic test !!!
Feb 10, 2008
129 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
canuck08 wrote: Completed the final tests in the hiring process (wonderlic + writing skills) a few weeks ago but haven't gotten the test results or phone call/email as to whether i've been accepted for job (or not).
They aren't making offers until Dec. apparently. They wanted to wait for all testing sections to be complete first.
Feb 10, 2008
129 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
nabil114 wrote: any advice for people who taken the wonderlic test !!!
This is going to sound harsh, but I would be more worried about the English test if thats how you communicate.

In any case just take the practice tests and you will be fine.
Feb 2, 2008
401 posts
1 upvote
torontosaurus wrote: This is going to sound harsh, but I would be more worried about the English test if thats how you communicate.

In any case just take the practice tests and you will be fine.
lol... i know it is a poorly written sentence. these are forums, so as long you understand me that's all it matters.
Feb 10, 2008
129 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
nabil114 wrote: lol... i know it is a poorly written sentence. these are forums, so as long you understand me that's all it matters.
In all fairness, your question wasn't at all clear. "any advice for people who taken the wonderlic test!!!" is not a clear sentence. If your asking for tips on writing it, as many here have stated try the practice test. You won't get far in terms of finding specific questions as it is my understanding that should someone divulge information about the test, they risk being removed from the process.
Feb 2, 2008
401 posts
1 upvote
torontosaurus wrote: In all fairness, your question wasn't at all clear. "any advice for people who taken the wonderlic test!!!" is not a clear sentence. If your asking for tips on writing it, as many here have stated try the practice test. You won't get far in terms of finding specific questions as it is my understanding that should someone divulge information about the test, they risk being removed from the process.
i am not applying for the tax agent position. i am apply for AAP program. They do that to scare you. Honestly it doesnt manner. How hell are they going to know unless you rat someone out.
Dec 31, 2007
46 posts
1 upvote
I've applied to the Tax Payer Services Agent position and written the tests and completed the interview. They told our group that the call would not come until December if we are hired and the training would start in January. As for the Wonderlic, just do the practice tests. You should not focus on finishing the entire test but on trying to get the correct answer. I admit I was getting a little worried the night before, and I only completed 3/4 of the test (and skipped a couple of questions). But I got a high mark so it's all good. I am hoping to go into an auditing position once I am there, but first I am hoping that I will be hired as a Services Agent.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)