Careers

Revenue canada exams

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2019 11:08 am
Feb 2, 2008
401 posts
1 upvote
rhedder wrote: I've applied to the Tax Payer Services Agent position and written the tests and completed the interview. They told our group that the call would not come until December if we are hired and the training would start in January. As for the Wonderlic, just do the practice tests. You should not focus on finishing the entire test but on trying to get the correct answer. I admit I was getting a little worried the night before, and I only completed 3/4 of the test (and skipped a couple of questions). But I got a high mark so it's all good. I am hoping to go into an auditing position once I am there, but first I am hoping that I will be hired as a Services Agent.
for audit position the mark is 23 or higher . Tax agent required marks are bit lower than that. (wonderlic)
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
there seems to be a tone of jobs posted on the CRA website right now. I just applied for a few auditing / admin jobs there. Hopefully I get screened!
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Dec 31, 2007
46 posts
1 upvote
nabil114 wrote: for audit position the mark is 23 or higher . Tax agent required marks are bit lower than that. (wonderlic)
That is true. For Personal Tax Service Agent, it is 18 (Toronto Centre Office). For Business Tax Service Agent, it is 21 (Toronto North Office). But I did get higher than 23 which is good for the auditing position as well.
Feb 10, 2008
129 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
rhedder wrote: That is true. For Personal Tax Service Agent, it is 18 (Toronto Centre Office). For Business Tax Service Agent, it is 21 (Toronto North Office). But I did get higher than 23 which is good for the auditing position as well.
How long did it take for your results to arrive?
Dec 31, 2007
46 posts
1 upvote
I got my results back about two weeks after I wrote it.
Nov 17, 2008
4 posts
rhedder wrote: I got my results back about two weeks after I wrote it.
Hi, I came across this thread and was wondering if you guys can give some pointers on preparing for the interview that CRA conducts. position is the taxpayer service agent. any tips or hints would be helpful! Thank you so much!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2004
1213 posts
1 upvote
Ajax
CuKidd wrote: Hi, I came across this thread and was wondering if you guys can give some pointers on preparing for the interview that CRA conducts. position is the taxpayer service agent. any tips or hints would be helpful! Thank you so much!
I wrote my test on 11-15 --80 people were there....they said interviews in a month? then the tests? i am not sure....
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3676 posts
403 upvotes
u write the CBBQ and CBOQ first, then go for interview, then write wonderlic and written. got my wonderlic tmrw, they said once you pass the 2 tests then you would be hired as there are no more interviews after that. I guess I'm in the later classes so I should get my results fairly soon after writing the tests.

they said that they wanna hire in dec
Sep 23, 2008
17 posts
Toronto
Electricute wrote: u write the CBBQ and CBOQ first, then go for interview, then write wonderlic and written. got my wonderlic tmrw, they said once you pass the 2 tests then you would be hired as there are no more interviews after that. I guess I'm in the later classes so I should get my results fairly soon after writing the tests.

they said that they wanna hire in dec

Good luck for your test. Any tips on interview?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3676 posts
403 upvotes
wrote both tests.

the wonderlic is FAST!! quickest 12 minutes ever. Theres no thinking, just write down whatever comes to your head first. I only got to question 35ish and then there were 2 minutes left.

written test is pretty straight forward, basic grade 11 or 12 english.

tips for interview: if u get a part where you have 5 minutes to read a passage then answer questions, ask for the questions before you start reading that way you can easily find the answers while you are reading, instead of going back.
Nov 17, 2008
4 posts
Electricute wrote: wrote both tests.

the wonderlic is FAST!! quickest 12 minutes ever. Theres no thinking, just write down whatever comes to your head first. I only got to question 35ish and then there were 2 minutes left.

tips for interview: if u get a part where you have 5 minutes to read a passage then answer questions, ask for the questions before you start reading that way you can easily find the answers while you are reading, instead of going back.
you only needed 18/50 for wonderlic, you did 35 and you should be okay. Can i ask you a bit more on the interview? so the interview is just giving you a passage or situations then you would find the answer in the passage itself? So it is not a regular interview? i am having one very soon... Thanks.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3676 posts
403 upvotes
ya pretty sure i passed both tests.

my interview was 4 parts:

not an actual interview with them asking questions

part1: i cant remember part 1 but wasn't hard. was skill based not answering personal questions

part2: you are given a passage and 5 min to answer questions given to you regarding the passage. you have 5 min total to read and answer the questions aloud. basic reading comp

part3: given a question, have 5 min to think of response and then tell them what you came up with

part4: given a choice between 2 envelopes you pick one and inside the envelope is a question, and you answer the question the best you can. ie. "tell me about a time when"
Nov 17, 2008
4 posts
Electricute wrote: ya pretty sure i passed both tests.

my interview was 4 parts:

not an actual interview with them asking questions

part1: i cant remember part 1 but wasn't hard. was skill based not answering personal questions

part2: you are given a passage and 5 min to answer questions given to you regarding the passage. you have 5 min total to read and answer the questions aloud. basic reading comp

part3: given a question, have 5 min to think of response and then tell them what you came up with

part4: given a choice between 2 envelopes you pick one and inside the envelope is a question, and you answer the question the best you can. ie. "tell me about a time when"
Thank you! This would help! I hope i am prepared enough. Sounds like you would get the job already. Good luck and congrad!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2004
1213 posts
1 upvote
Ajax
Electricute wrote: wrote both tests.

Just to clarify.....do u need 18 correct out of the 35 you answered to pass? and 21 correct for business tax, etc..........
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3676 posts
403 upvotes
ya 18 out of 50 some questions to pass. at the 2 minute mark, i just guess on all of the ones i could
Feb 10, 2008
129 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
So I got my wonderlic back today, no problems there, but no result on the English Writing test yet. Did those who wrote it before get both results in the same envelope? Or are they mailed seperatly?
Feb 2, 2008
401 posts
1 upvote
torontosaurus wrote: So I got my wonderlic back today, no problems there, but no result on the English Writing test yet. Did those who wrote it before get both results in the same envelope? Or are they mailed seperatly?
how long do they take to get the results in?
Feb 10, 2008
129 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
nabil114 wrote: how long do they take to get the results in?
Got the wonderlic results back 14 days after writing, waiting on my WST still.
Feb 2, 2008
401 posts
1 upvote
torontosaurus wrote: Got the wonderlic results back 14 days after writing, waiting on my WST still.
thats not efficient way to do it.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2004
1213 posts
1 upvote
Ajax
CuKidd wrote: Thank you! This would help! I hope i am prepared enough. Sounds like you would get the job already. Good luck and congrad!
can someone verify that these cra jobs (dt and north) are strictly contract/term jobs??
I had anticpated FT - but i have heard u might work for a cple months, then laid off for a few, etc...and it continuees on and on as needed....