Careers

Revenue canada exams

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2016 11:41 pm
Aug 11, 2009
12 posts
Toronto
hey guys, quick question. i just got an email from the Toronto Tax Centre requesting me to appear for the following tests: Wonderlic Personnel Test (WPT), Effective Interactive Communication (EIC), Teamwork & Cooperation (TWC), Analytical Thinking (AT), Client Service Orientation (CSO), and Writing Skills Test (WST).

since this is my first time applying for them i have no clue about the nature and the dificulty of the tests. could anyone tell me how i can prepare for the tests and if there are any books that i can look into.

i'll appreciate the help.
May 31, 2009
97 posts
8 upvotes
dietfrog wrote:
Aug 20th, 2009 3:09 pm
Does anyone know what happenes if they don't call you before your date in the pool expires? Do you have to re-apply and do this all over again?
*Generally speaking*, once the pool expires ... well there is no more pool. So you would have to re-apply for the position again, but wouldn't have to re-take the tests over again. (Unless they are using different testing tools, or require a higher score than what you got previously.) You would probably need to show your test results though, to avoid a re-test. (Or, you could chose to write the tests again, but do you want to chance getting a lower score than before?) You would probably also have to re-do the interview.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1619 posts
100 upvotes
Ottawa
fanfare24 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2009 7:20 pm
hey guys, quick question. i just got an email from the Toronto Tax Centre requesting me to appear for the following tests: Wonderlic Personnel Test (WPT), Effective Interactive Communication (EIC), Teamwork & Cooperation (TWC), Analytical Thinking (AT), Client Service Orientation (CSO), and Writing Skills Test (WST).

since this is my first time applying for them i have no clue about the nature and the dificulty of the tests. could anyone tell me how i can prepare for the tests and if there are any books that i can look into.

i'll appreciate the help.
The CRA discloses quite a bit of info on their website regarding their testing. From my experience, the WST is not difficult, but it could be challenging to those who are not proficient in their respective language. The EIC, TWC, AT, CSO, to my knowledge, are examined in an oral interview. The Wonderlic, much like the WST, is a written exam.

Here is the link to CRA's standardized exams: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/crrs/wrkng/ssssmnt-eng.html

Here is a link to how competencies are evaluated: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/crrs/cmptncy/2 ... u-eng.html

Good luck! :)
RFD 15 73H 1337
Banned
Mar 1, 2009
36 posts
Canada
Hi,
I wrote some relevant tests in the past with the Border Service and wanted to use those results for the current competition. Unfortunately, I did not keep a copy of the results. Is there a department that I could contact with to get my results? Thanks in advance.
Jul 4, 2009
51 posts
toronto
matradley wrote:
Aug 12th, 2009 2:27 am
It reminds me of a saying, "good things come to those who wait."

I, too, check my e-mail quite consistently.

Hi, Matradley
Does you get any reply from CRA? It's almost 5 weeks after they check my one work reference. but I did not get any reply for reject or recept notice. Does anyone know about it? I know my boss give me a very good reference.
Dose CRA give notice to all person who went to interview whether is fail or success? :confused: :confused:
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1619 posts
100 upvotes
Ottawa
girlgirl wrote:
Aug 31st, 2009 8:50 pm
Hi, Matradley
Does you get any reply from CRA? It's almost 5 weeks after they check my one work reference. but I did not get any reply for reject or recept notice. Does anyone know about it? I know my boss give me a very good reference.
Dose CRA give notice to all person who went to interview whether is fail or success? :confused: :confused:
I only had a reply from my second pool I applied for in regards to being in a pool - they recently asked for an updated resume. The first pool I applied for and had an interview back in April still has yet to provide results. It is hard to say when you will be contacted. Everything depends on the amount of people competing.
RFD 15 73H 1337
Jul 20, 2009
10 posts
I have not heard anything (much) from the CRA in regards to the testing. In my case, I had to skip 2 exams for July 25th due to personal reasons (storms & flooding) beyond my control and sent them an email in regards to this. They rescheduled me for the 2 exams for August 15th which I wrote. Even before I went for the 2nd appointment, they had already contacted at least one of my references, now all there is to do is wait & see.

Best of luck to everyone in the process.
Feb 10, 2008
129 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
domokun2009 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2009 2:21 pm
Hi,
I wrote some relevant tests in the past with the Border Service and wanted to use those results for the current competition. Unfortunately, I did not keep a copy of the results. Is there a department that I could contact with to get my results? Thanks in advance.
CBSA testing is not portable to CRA, just as CRA testing is not portable to CBSA. The two agencies use different HR management schemes.

To get copies of your results you should contact the HR or recruitment pool officer from CBSA that was handling your competition.

As far as pools go, you shold be good to go for 2 years I think. So unless you applied for the 07/08 group you should be fine...
Aug 30, 2009
4 posts
Toronto
Hi,

I received an invite to write the six tests for the taxpayer service agent position in October. I was wondering about the validation part of the test, can anyone explain that to me who has already wriiten the test? Thank you.
Jul 4, 2009
51 posts
toronto
KrazEDesigns wrote:
Sep 1st, 2009 12:30 am
I have not heard anything (much) from the CRA in regards to the testing. In my case, I had to skip 2 exams for July 25th due to personal reasons (storms & flooding) beyond my control and sent them an email in regards to this. They rescheduled me for the 2 exams for August 15th which I wrote. Even before I went for the 2nd appointment, they had already contacted at least one of my references, now all there is to do is wait & see.

Best of luck to everyone in the process.
Did you get any reply from CRA after they checked your references? They checked my reference on Jul, 23, After that there is no email or mail to tell me if I am successful or not
Jul 20, 2009
10 posts
girlgirl wrote:
Sep 1st, 2009 11:47 pm
Did you get any reply from CRA after they checked your references? They checked my reference on Jul, 23, After that there is no email or mail to tell me if I am successful or not

No, I haven't heard anything from them other than the scheduling for the exams each time.
Aug 11, 2009
12 posts
Toronto
desitrix wrote:
Sep 1st, 2009 8:57 pm
Hi,

I received an invite to write the six tests for the taxpayer service agent position in October. I was wondering about the validation part of the test, can anyone explain that to me who has already wriiten the test? Thank you.
Is the job for the Toronto Centre cuz I have a test for the same position coming up in Sept 21.
Jul 20, 2009
10 posts
Correction, received snail mail with my results:
On the B300 I obtained a level 0003 (level 0001 required)
On the SJT-R C301 a 61 (55 required)
And the CBBQ-TWC came in with an 'ND' which means it blanked, something as stupid as not colouring in the circles dark enough, or not erasing an incorrect circle well enough.

Oh well
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1619 posts
100 upvotes
Ottawa
I've received yet another call from CCRA - no message. :(
RFD 15 73H 1337
Jul 31, 2009
27 posts
Toronto
Hi All:

Thanks a lot to all of you for this wonderful informative thread. I am going for my interview on 9th. Don't know how to prepare for it, but I decided to prepare some workplace examples relevant to the following:

* Ability to Research Information (pass mark 60%)
* Ability to Deal with Difficult Situations (pass mark 60%)
* Ability to Adapt to Change (pass mark 60%)
* Ability to Demonstrate CRA Core Values (pass mark 60%)
* Ability to Communicate Effectively (pass mark 60 %)

Could anybody put anymore idea in it? Also I am a newcomer and my reference is in UK. Would that be any problem? Any comrades in this area?

Thanks again and good luck to you all.

Topu
× < >