Careers

Revenue canada exams

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2019 11:08 am
Apr 5, 2009
26 posts
Got the same email...seriously I am close to devastated by this news. It's already been over a year since i started this process and now its more than another year of possible waiting. :(
girlgirl wrote: Me too. I received same email this morning. It is terrible. > :(
Apr 5, 2009
26 posts
Do you currently work for Canada Rev. or is this just your assumption?

matradley wrote: Probably has something to do with the fact they cannot fund non-essential positions. They are cutting terms that end prior to 31-Mar in my area right now.
Sep 27, 2009
11 posts
matradley wrote: Probably has something to do with the fact they cannot fund non-essential positions. They are cutting terms that end prior to 31-Mar in my area right now.
Hello Matradley: Thanks for all the insightful info. My concern is how long and how much CRA can keep cutting these positions? After all they would need human bodies to take the calls and assist clients on tax issues specially during the months of Jan to April. Can CRA realistically wait till Dec 2010 without adding live human bodies?
Feb 9, 2009
57 posts
toronto
i just think that its not fair that they keep people waiting around for so long. They should let people know if they will be starting for this year or not. They should know approximately how many positions will be open when January rolls around, i don't understand why they would extent the pool till next year. Maybe next year, this position won't be open for hiring and they will just call people back from that pool. who knows? i just think that they shouldn't keep everyone hanging like this.
Deal Guru
Mar 27, 2004
10491 posts
8999 upvotes
Toronto
missv wrote: i just think that its not fair that they keep people waiting around for so long. They should let people know if they will be starting for this year or not. They should know approximately how many positions will be open when January rolls around, i don't understand why they would extent the pool till next year. Maybe next year, this position won't be open for hiring and they will just call people back from that pool. who knows? i just think that they shouldn't keep everyone hanging like this.
Most of these postings say 'anticipatory'. That is basically letting you know there are no guarentees a job will be available.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
2065 posts
354 upvotes
Ottawa
fallaboveclouds wrote: Do you currently work for Canada Rev. or is this just your assumption?
I do not work for the agency but I do work in an area with PSAC and PIPSIC employees (DND). They are cutting lose the terms (at the end of their contracts) in the area until the next fiscal year.
Tichwa wrote: Hello Matradley: Thanks for all the insightful info. My concern is how long and how much CRA can keep cutting these positions? After all they would need human bodies to take the calls and assist clients on tax issues specially during the months of Jan to April. Can CRA realistically wait till Dec 2010 without adding live human bodies?
It is hard to say. The staff cuts I have seen might be only regionalized. The government can continue to hire into essential positions. You never know, they might be able to still hire the 100 people, for instance, because a budget has been set aside. Otherwise, if they are looking for new positions, it will be hard. I think that, in most cases, new positions probably cannot be created until the new budget is released.
RFD 15 73H 1337
Aug 3, 2009
13 posts
north york
girlgirl wrote: Me too. I received same email this morning. It is terrible. > :(
girlgirl, I remembered that you did the tests for toronto centre. How was it?
Oct 22, 2009
2 posts
anyone know what kind of questions were in WPT, EIC, TWC, AT,CSO and WST? many thanks!!
Jul 4, 2009
51 posts
PRINCESSLULU wrote: girlgirl, I remembered that you did the tests for toronto centre. How was it?
I did not go to test for toronto centre. Because I found it is Ridiculous there are 6 tests for taxpayer service position. And I heard After April they will lay off a lot of people.
Sep 21, 2009
2 posts
anybody know if theres a dress code for the test? stupid question possibly haha...was gunna jus wear jeans and hoody since this isnt a formal interview...
Oct 16, 2009
4 posts
I've seen people dress up all the way to jeans, hoodie and a touque. I don't think they care. I've even been interviewed by people wearing jeans and a t-shirt all the way up to a powersuit.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
2065 posts
354 upvotes
Ottawa
I wouldn't wear something too formal to a test. Unless you are giving a presentation, you should be concerned about your comfort.
RFD 15 73H 1337
Feb 9, 2009
57 posts
toronto
is the pool extended till december 2010 only for Toronto north or the central location as well?
Feb 9, 2009
57 posts
toronto
girl22 wrote: anyone know what kind of questions were in WPT, EIC, TWC, AT,CSO and WST? many thanks!!
The WPT is an IQ test, there are 50 questions to answer (no multiple choice) and you only have 12 minutes to get more than 18 correct answers. It's not that hard, and the rest of the tests are easier. Unless your vocabulary and grammar skills are horrible, you have nothing to worry about!
Oct 9, 2009
11 posts
2 upvotes
Possibly dumb questions from a newbie:

1. Does your ref check form (the one you have to bring to an interview) need to be related to the experience you stated in your original application? I know someone from a past (relatively longer-term) position, but I haven't been able to get a hold of him (and this form apparently requires signature...) However, I've done a few very short temps since the application, where I might know people who are more readily available at the moment.

2. I noticed some people stating earlier they had more than one references, but I was only given one form and asked for a "reference" (i.e. singular). Is this normal or should I prepare more than one?
Oct 22, 2009
2 posts
missv wrote: The WPT is an IQ test, there are 50 questions to answer (no multiple choice) and you only have 12 minutes to get more than 18 correct answers. It's not that hard, and the rest of the tests are easier. Unless your vocabulary and grammar skills are horrible, you have nothing to worry about!
Thank you!
Apr 26, 2009
131 posts
49 upvotes
missv wrote: The WPT is an IQ test, there are 50 questions to answer (no multiple choice) and you only have 12 minutes to get more than 18 correct answers. It's not that hard, and the rest of the tests are easier. Unless your vocabulary and grammar skills are horrible, you have nothing to worry about!
For the EIC, TWC, AT, and CSO (basically, for all the Competency Based Organizational Questionnaire tests), the handbook states: "There are 7 questions for each competency. You will have 15 minutes to respond to all the questions for each competency. "

Does this mean we have 15 mins for each of the EIC, TWC, AT, and CSO tests (i.e. a total of 60 mins), or is it 15 mins for all the tests together?

Thanks.
Aug 3, 2009
13 posts
north york
pancakeg wrote: For the EIC, TWC, AT, and CSO (basically, for all the Competency Based Organizational Questionnaire tests), the handbook states: "There are 7 questions for each competency. You will have 15 minutes to respond to all the questions for each competency. "

Does this mean we have 15 mins for each of the EIC, TWC, AT, and CSO tests (i.e. a total of 60 mins), or is it 15 mins for all the tests together?

Thanks.
Each of them has 15 mins.
Feb 9, 2009
57 posts
toronto
is the pool extended till december 2010 only for Toronto north or the central location as well?
Dec 12, 2005
61 posts
2 upvotes
missv wrote: is the pool extended till december 2010 only for Toronto north or the central location as well?
As far as I know its just Toronto North.