Careers

Revenue canada exams

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2019 11:08 am
Sep 4, 2009
28 posts
Toronto
lulumatiz wrote: I hope all of you get it, as well as myself... Please post any news... :razz:
Yes, good luck to everyone!
I'll be sure to post if i hear anything from them.
Feb 10, 2008
129 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I wonder if the RFD newhires should all wear red on their first and 2nd days so you can all be ID'ed :P.

Congrats on those that will be getting offers... I think last year they started around the 7th, so time will tell!
Nov 9, 2009
111 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
torontosaurus wrote: I wonder if the RFD newhires should all wear red on their first and 2nd days so you can all be ID'ed :P.

Congrats on those that will be getting offers... I think last year they started around the 7th, so time will tell!
I was thinking how we could all know! good one!
Jul 4, 2009
51 posts
Hi, Guy
I took exam on Oct.30 in toronto centre. Till now I did not get the result and any call from interview ;)
Sep 15, 2006
451 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
torontosaurus wrote: I wonder if the RFD newhires should all wear red on their first and 2nd days so you can all be ID'ed :P.

By the 7th you mean of January right?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
2065 posts
354 upvotes
Ottawa
I have another interview at CRA on the 9th of December for CS. This will be my 5th. :)
RFD 15 73H 1337
Apr 5, 2009
26 posts
Sorry, I dont have the number saved..

I didn't end up taking the job offer, so one less person for you guys to compete with. GOOD LUCK to the rest and BE PATIENT! :)

matradley wrote: I have another interview at CRA on the 9th of December for CS. This will be my 5th. :)
girlgirl wrote: Congra. Fallaboveclouds, I applied the same selection as you. I am still waiting. If you do not , could you tell about the tel of CRA North York office? Usually I set up my cel phone as vibrate at my work, I only answer some calls from I knew?

Thank :lol:
Sep 15, 2006
451 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
matradley wrote: I have another interview at CRA on the 9th of December for CS. This will be my 5th. :)
good luck !
Dec 12, 2005
61 posts
2 upvotes
Did anyone else get a call for Toronto North? I'm still waiting! If the training starts Dec 14th you would think more people would be called.
Good Luck to everyone for T.N and T.C :razz:
Jul 31, 2009
27 posts
Toronto
I got a call from CRA to hand over my police clearance certificate from UK. I thought it was an offer.....but there you go.....
However...things are moving in the thread...which is really good.
Good luck to everyone! Please keep updating.
Topu
Feb 10, 2008
129 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I meant about offers as of Dec 7th last year. I think thats when the very first calls went out, then again I think they were done interviews by now.

For those who do get calls, congrats! For those who may not, keep in mind just how competitive this process is. Everyone and their dog wants in the public sector now, making it harder than ever. Just because an offer wasn't made doesn't mean you are not good enough, just keep your head up!
Oct 15, 2009
4 posts
scjc_2009 wrote: Hey YongeIrish and Missv

we're all in the same position. I applied for toronto centre, have same scores as you guys, and still didn't hear back..
It's december now..let's hope we all hear back really soon!!
Hey, I'm in the same boat as you guys. 32 on Wonderlic, 100 on writing skills and 1* on everything else. Had an interview Oct 23 that I think went well.

You may remember many posts ago that I was the guy who had a problem with his Humber diploma. (They said I needed 2 courses to graduate...the same courses I got exemptions from because I transferred them from anotehr college...basically I had to re-apply for the exemption again)

I informed CRA of my problems before the interview and they said thanks for letting them know. At the interview I gave them my transcript as well as a stamped letter from Humber saying that the two courses I needed for graduating were "Pending Exemption". They took that notice and told me to get back to them as soon as I hear back from Humber.

Humber took a bit longer than I thought to process it, but eventually the exemption was approved and I handed my transcript showing I graduated in to the Front St Office. About a week later I got an email from Recruitment saying "Thank you for sending in your proof of education" and that's the last I've heard from them. This was Nov. 16. I was worried about this delay kicking me out of the process but they seemed very accommodating. I wasn't scheduled to receive my diploma until November anyway, I had no idea any of this was happening until I went to get my Humber transcript.

It should be noted that all communications I've had with recruitment has been via email, is this the same for everybody else? I included my phone number on my Resume, but everything from the testing to the interview has been via email.

Woah long message! In closing: Good luck everybody!
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
2065 posts
354 upvotes
Ottawa
GreatWong wrote: good luck !
Thanks! Let's just hope that I don't get to drive into a blizzard that day... I live only two hours away from the interview site.
RFD 15 73H 1337
Nov 15, 2008
25 posts
Toronto, ON
I also wrote the tests on Oct 24 in Toronto, but am in the bilingual competition. We have more tests because of the second language assessment. I am now waiting for the oral test in french, passed everything else...

Is anyone else in that same boat as me?
Feb 9, 2009
57 posts
toronto
j31 wrote: Hey, I'm in the same boat as you guys. 32 on Wonderlic, 100 on writing skills and 1* on everything else. Had an interview Oct 23 that I think went well.

You may remember many posts ago that I was the guy who had a problem with his Humber diploma. (They said I needed 2 courses to graduate...the same courses I got exemptions from because I transferred them from anotehr college...basically I had to re-apply for the exemption again)

I informed CRA of my problems before the interview and they said thanks for letting them know. At the interview I gave them my transcript as well as a stamped letter from Humber saying that the two courses I needed for graduating were "Pending Exemption". They took that notice and told me to get back to them as soon as I hear back from Humber.

Humber took a bit longer than I thought to process it, but eventually the exemption was approved and I handed my transcript showing I graduated in to the Front St Office. About a week later I got an email from Recruitment saying "Thank you for sending in your proof of education" and that's the last I've heard from them. This was Nov. 16. I was worried about this delay kicking me out of the process but they seemed very accommodating. I wasn't scheduled to receive my diploma until November anyway, I had no idea any of this was happening until I went to get my Humber transcript.

It should be noted that all communications I've had with recruitment has been via email, is this the same for everybody else? I included my phone number on my Resume, but everything from the testing to the interview has been via email.

Woah long message! In closing: Good luck everybody!
Everything has been via email for me as well. I am also in the exact same boat, had my interview and just waiting for now. I hope we will all hear back pretty soon :)
Apr 26, 2009
131 posts
49 upvotes
Hey everyone... I had my interview yesterday for TO Centre. Went well, and afterwards I asked the interviewers a few questions about the timeline.

I asked when would I expect to hear back about positions, and she said that since my interview was late in the year, and with the holidays coming up, I might have to wait a few weeks, and hear back from them in the new year. This is because the process for my security clearance is only beginning now. I would hear back either way. She said last year they had a few different start dates, but usually there is only one start date (I asssume it would be early or mid Jan).

She then said that the order of hiring is:

1. Rehires from last year. People who worked at the call centre last year, were laid off, and are interested in coming back again.
2. Last year's pool. People who were placed in the pool last year (provided the eligibilty of the pool is still valid by the hire date) are offered positions for this year.
3. This year's pool. People who have applied this year, are successful through the hiring process, are placed in the newest pool.

I'm in category 3, since I had just applied for this job in the summer. She seemed optimistic, as many people from categories 1 and 2 usually move on to other jobs after they are laid off or have been waiting so long to hear from them.

One question I forgot to ask, was how many people they were going to hire. I guess that depends on budget.

So, if you're waiting to hear back and you fall into category 1 or 2, you'll probably get an email or call soon. Good luck!!
Sep 4, 2009
28 posts
Toronto
pancakeg wrote: Hey everyone... I had my interview yesterday for TO Centre. Went well, and afterwards I asked the interviewers a few questions about the timeline.

I asked when would I expect to hear back about positions, and she said that since my interview was late in the year, and with the holidays coming up, I might have to wait a few weeks, and hear back from them in the new year. This is because the process for my security clearance is only beginning now. I would hear back either way. She said last year they had a few different start dates, but usually there is only one start date (I asssume it would be early or mid Jan).

1. Rehires from last year. People who worked at the call centre last year, were laid off, and are interested in coming back again.
2. Last year's pool. People who were placed in the pool last year (provided the eligibilty of the pool is still valid by the hire date) are offered positions for this year.
3. This year's pool. People who have applied this year, are successful through the hiring process, are placed in the newest pool.

I'm in category 3, since I had just applied for this job in the summer. She seemed optimistic, as many people from categories 1 and 2 usually move on to other jobs after they are laid off or have been waiting so long to hear from them.

One question I forgot to ask, was how many people they were going to hire. I guess that depends on budget.

So, if you're waiting to hear back and you fall into category 1 or 2, you'll probably get an email or call soon. Good luck!!

That's so helpful to know. Thanks so much for the info!
I really hope they start calling/emailing ppl soon. It's almost the 2nd week of december.

Thanks~ =)
Sep 15, 2006
451 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
pancakeg wrote: Hey everyone... I had my interview yesterday for TO Centre. Went well, and afterwards I asked the interviewers a few questions about the timeline.

Thanks a bunch for the update! Though hearing that we're in line behind the hires and pool of last year really puts a damper in our expected chances this year..
Sep 29, 2009
37 posts
Thanks for the information. Does anyone recall whether they asked you to sign the security/ credit check forms at the interview?
Oct 29, 2009
34 posts
dencur wrote: Thanks for the information. Does anyone recall whether they asked you to sign the security/ credit check forms at the interview?
Yes, they do

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)