• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2018 12:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
1605 posts
1468 upvotes

Reverse auction - selling car?

As we know with Unhaggle and other types of services, there are reverse auction services for us to buy cars. E.g. dealers outbid each other for the lowest price they are able to sell a car...

What about for us trying to sell a car? Are there services that will enable an easier selling experience? E.g. get dealers or whatnot to see who will pay top dollar?

Yes, I realize that selling privately is the easiest way to go, but that is not an option I really want to entertain. Thanks!
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Share:
6 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23224 posts
8176 upvotes
Toronto
If you want to sell (trade in) your car, you simply have to visit a bunch of dealerships in your region and see what you can get. Mind you, if you are buying new, they can simply shuffle the new car discount # and trade in # around.
Oct 26, 2007
201 posts
93 upvotes
You can put your car in North Toronto Auction
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
13123 posts
1661 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 9:13 am
As we know with Unhaggle and other types of services, there are reverse auction services for us to buy cars. E.g. dealers outbid each other for the lowest price they are able to sell a car...

What about for us trying to sell a car? Are there services that will enable an easier selling experience? E.g. get dealers or whatnot to see who will pay top dollar?

Yes, I realize that selling privately is the easiest way to go, but that is not an option I really want to entertain. Thanks!
Auctions will never provide you a fair price return on your car. Further you have to pay auction/listing fee regardless if you sell the car. The system is designed to make money for the auctioneer/owner and that's about it. You would have a better return to have a friend help you with the private sale.

https://www.thestar.com/autos/2014/12/1 ... works.html
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
1605 posts
1468 upvotes
eldiablo wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 11:10 am
Auctions will never provide you a fair price return on your car. Further you have to pay auction/listing fee regardless if you sell the car. The system is designed to make money for the auctioneer/owner and that's about it. You would have a better return to have a friend help you with the private sale.

https://www.thestar.com/autos/2014/12/1 ... works.html
Better than trading it to a dealer when buying another car at time of sale, no?
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
10331 posts
9513 upvotes
Oakville
angryaudifanatic wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 11:31 am
Better than trading it to a dealer when buying another car at time of sale, no?
Unlikely, especially as you get a tax discount for your trade in as well.