Reversed Km's on Used car

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2018 5:56 pm
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
16366 posts
4065 upvotes
Toronto
Both ads are gone. Looks like a sucker bought them.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
3209 posts
2343 upvotes
Oakville, ON
carmaster wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 9:45 pm
Both ads are gone. Looks like a sucker bought them.
Or he heard that he was being outed on RFD.....
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6314 posts
4809 upvotes
North York
cartfan123 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 7:45 pm
You are rolling either very naive or very dense. Or perhaps both.
You read an online story, from a stranger, and you instantly believe the story is true and 100% correct.
And you call me naive and dense? Lol. Are you loose?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
6613 posts
5527 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
CanadianLurker wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 10:17 pm
Or he heard that he was being outed on RFD.....
Pretty sure he’s on this thread....
[OP]
May 12, 2003
758 posts
216 upvotes
Yes you believe it if the person telling the story is credible (given my history on the site and my previous comments)

Ever heard the concept of Forums?
konsensei wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 10:53 pm
You read an online story, from a stranger, and you instantly believe the story is true and 100% correct.
And you call me naive and dense? Lol. Are you loose?
[OP]
May 12, 2003
758 posts
216 upvotes
I am pretty sure he is too. I wouldn't be surprised if it's this Konsensei guy...given how much he's defending the guy.
cartfan123 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 6:45 am
Pretty sure he’s on this thread....
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49329 posts
14589 upvotes
I doubt it's Konsensei.

Seller would have opened a new account. It's so easy to do that on RFD with the hot VPN lifetime deals.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6314 posts
4809 upvotes
North York
ssj4_ootaku wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 12:33 pm
I am pretty sure he is too. I wouldn't be surprised if it's this Konsensei guy...given how much he's defending the guy.
I'm not defending the guy. When someone is putting up an accusation, a serious one, he/she should have some credible proofs.

All you have shown us are your words and 2 Kijiji ads.

Samething you are accusing me as this supposed "scammer", you better have some proofs for that. Don't throw your accusations around as if they are harmless.

What if I now accuse you as a competitor to this supposed "scammer", who's trying to ruin his reputation so you can sell your own cars?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6314 posts
4809 upvotes
North York
ssj4_ootaku wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 12:32 pm
Yes you believe it if the person telling the story is credible (given my history on the site and my previous comments)

Ever heard the concept of Forums?
Your reputation means literally 0 in the matter when you throw out some serious accusations.

Look at my reputation, I've been on here much longer than you, got a lot more posts than you, and yet, you are accusing me as the supposed "scammer".
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
2097 posts
2147 upvotes
GTA
ssj4_ootaku wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 9:48 am
We asked him for the ownership, wouldn't show it until we agreed to buy the car. And we cannot register the car, he was insistent that he would do it for you

I went to see the car, and actually agreed to buy the car (It was in ridiculously mint condition). Supposedly had 160,000 km's on it. But when checked with Carfax/Carproof, showed 300,000 km's on it.
Unless OP was lying (which I doubt), these were huge red flags. The ads are gone now, but I think the photos in a public parking lot with no license plates were suspicious too.

OP, did you go see this car in person? Where did you guys meet?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6314 posts
4809 upvotes
North York
derass wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 5:33 pm
Unless OP was lying (which I doubt), these were huge red flags. The ads are gone now, but I think the photos in a public parking lot with no license plates were suspicious too.

OP, did you go see this car in person? Where did you guys meet?
Like you quoted the OP
OP clearly said the guy wouldn't show ownership until agreement to buy is set.

But when OP has agreed to buy, the guy would still not show the ownership? - Contradiction? Well if that was me, I'd already backed away.

I am not saying the supposed "scammer" is clean, I am just saying there's so much to this story. Yet as soon as everyone here read the OP, it's an instant belief the OP is 100% right.

If it were me, and the transaction looks shady, I would back away. I would come to RFD and maybe "the warn" people that it looks sketchy and should do a thorough check.

I see no problem with taking pictures of cars without license plates in a parking lot. If you search around for used dealerships, tons of them do this.

The fact that OP came in here, posted 2 kijiji ads and a story of how he thoroughly knew the scam is being run: how people would trade in their cars, and cleaned up and rolled back the odometer, etc. All that information from just viewing the ONE car in person and a couple other ads?

People call me naive and accuse me of being the scammer?

This is a joke. I'm out. Peace!