None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2684 posts
398 upvotes
Aurora, ON

Reviews on the NutriBullet?

I'm looking for something that will make a decent green smoothie and came across the NutriBullet - but most ads sound/look like infomercials. Can anyone give an honest review? I know the vitamix or blendtec are recommended ..but I don't want to invest that kind of money in case I don't like green smoothies in the long run.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/8 ... ?locale=en
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80mDx3k8014
Thanks!
59 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1172 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver
Go to Walmart and buy the Hamilton beach single serve blender for $12-18, it does the same thing and will actually be better. Nutribullet, magic bullet are all the same crap which are very low quality and poor performance. I can tell u from experience that the HB is. Much better in every way.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4052 posts
143 upvotes
Looks like the Magic Bullet.

If you don't want to invest in a VitaMix (which I HIGHLY recommend, you can use it for way more than just green smoothies) try a Ninja from Canadian Tire instead:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/8 ... ?locale=en

Goes on sale regularly for $69.99. I bought it and returned it because I wasn't satisfied with how it performed. I got a VitaMix instead :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2684 posts
398 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Thanks for the replies .. but I'm still looking to hear from any NutriBullet users. It is made by magic bullet but a newer, stronger version. Yes, agreed the vitamix or blendtec would be the cadillac of blenders BUT I'm not ready for that kind of commitment :)
Oct 30, 2007
453 posts
4 upvotes
Been through the majoic bullet and hamilton beach blenders and over time the motors went on them. Just over a year for each.

I finally splurged for a Vitamix 5200 and it's been the best appliance we've had!!! 3yrs going on strong and used almost everyday!! Pricey but worth every penny.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2684 posts
398 upvotes
Aurora, ON
SMC23 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2012 3:02 pm
Been through the majoic bullet and hamilton beach blenders and over time the motors went on them. Just over a year for each.

I finally splurged for a Vitamix 5200 and it's been the best appliance we've had!!! 3yrs going on strong and used almost everyday!! Pricey but worth every penny.

Thanks, but I'd still like to hear from anyone with the NutriBullet. As I've already mentioned I'm not interested in the vitamix/blendtec so testimonials on those overpriced blenders aren't what I'm looking for here :) I'm sure there are other threads where people can post their reviews on those machines.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4052 posts
143 upvotes
jackie999 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2012 3:11 pm
Thanks, but I'd still like to hear from anyone with the NutriBullet. As I've already mentioned I'm not interested in the vitamix/blendtec so testimonials on those overpriced blenders aren't what I'm looking for here :) I'm sure there are other threads where people can post their reviews on those machines.
Considering what they can do, they aren't overpriced. There's no way my Magic Bullet aka the NutriBullet can perform anywhere close to the VitaMix. Maybe nobody finds the NutriBullet good enough to buy and that's why you aren't getting responses ;)

Did you see the reviews on amazon.com? Plenty of reviews there.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2684 posts
398 upvotes
Aurora, ON
amz155 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2012 6:57 pm
Considering what they can do, they aren't overpriced. There's no way my Magic Bullet aka the NutriBullet can perform anywhere close to the VitaMix.
My thread wasn't a comparison of a $500 vitamix vs a $75 nutribullet. My thread was asking for a review of the NutriBullet...obviously they aren't in the same class. Perhaps the company, MagicBullet, did realize there is a market for such an appliance and is marketing it at a reasonable price.
I'll mark the thread closed now since it appears it's just too new to get any opinions here. I have read various reviews and it looks good to me...although I don't trust amazon reviews since I think they are sometimes not genuine...so I asked here where I thought I'd get an honest opinion. But all I seem to be getting are suggestions to buy a vitamix :)
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4052 posts
143 upvotes
jackie999 wrote:
Jun 26th, 2012 7:28 pm
My thread wasn't a comparison of a $500 vitamix vs a $75 nutribullet. My thread was asking for a review of the NutriBullet...obviously they aren't in the same class. Perhaps the company, MagicBullet, did realize there is a market for such an appliance and is marketing it at a reasonable price.
I'll mark the thread closed now since it appears it's just too new to get any opinions here. I have read various reviews and it looks good to me...although I don't trust amazon reviews since I think they are sometimes not genuine...so I asked here where I thought I'd get an honest opinion. But all I seem to be getting are suggestions to buy a vitamix :)
I guess you could always buy it and if you don't like it bring it back? I know its a pain but sometimes the only way to know. That's what I did with the Ninja I got from CT. I had to try it to find out.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2684 posts
398 upvotes
Aurora, ON
I did buy the NutriBullet today at BBB. I'm very pleased...it's exactly what I was hoping for and was only $75 + tax. The price is $99.99 but they took my HomeOutfitters 20/25% coupon into account. In the Richmond Hill store they give 25% :)
I printed the HO coupon off of their online flyer...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2684 posts
398 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Well I've had the nutribullet for a week now and will add my own review :)
I love it..it makes great healthy drinks quickly and cleanup is a quick rinse in the sink. The more I look around, the more recipes I am finding...there are a few in the book that comes with the machine, but I've found the FB page "nutribullet recipe" a really good resource.
Best price I found was the $75 as I already mentioned. Quite a deal since amazon.com sells for $150+
If you're in doubt..thinking the youtube videos and reviews are bogus - they aren't..this thing is does it all.
Jul 11, 2012
3 posts
TORONTO
Where is BBB? I would really like to buy a nutribullet and if you order online it's $120. Plus 12. I see you got a great deal and you like it! Thanks for your info
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
2684 posts
398 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Yep, coriolis is correct, BBB is Bed Bath and Beyond. BBB stores accept other stores coupons like Home Outfitters. At the moment I don't see a 25% coupon on Home Outfitters online flyer, but they show up from time to time.

$120 seems a little steep - Canadian Tire sells them for $99.99 http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/8 ... ?locale=en

I'm really enjoying it..so far the 'novelty' hasn't worn off :) I take a green smoothie to work every day and this evening I'm having a mango/pineapple smoothie blended with shaved ice ;)

edited to add...Home Outfitters does not sell the NutriBullet. The only stores I saw that sold it were BBB and CTC.
× < >