Reviews on the NutriBullet?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2013 3:20 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 26, 2013
1 posts
jackie999 wrote: From the nutribullet FAQ
Q: How does the NutriBullet compare to the Magic Bullet?

A: The NutriBullet has a 600 watt motor (Magic Bullet has 250). The NutriBullet large vessel has a 24-ounce capacity (Magic Bullet is 18 ounce) and the NutriBullet comes with the all-new Extractor Blade that emulsifies even the toughest of ingredients including seeds, nuts and stems.
I am new in this site and reading about the NutriBullet. I am wondering if anyone tried to pput pomegrante in their smoothie? I have tried with Magic bullet and it didn't work I had seeds left over!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
zentheghi wrote: I am new in this site and reading about the NutriBullet. I am wondering if anyone tried to pput pomegrante in their smoothie? I have tried with Magic bullet and it didn't work I had seeds left over!
it's a blender, not a juicer, so of course it will have seeds left over.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1353 posts
284 upvotes
ur_funneh wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkcgBwbE7nw

this video clearly states the kitchenaid is superior to your vitamix. Funny enough there was a similar thread to how wonderful the vitamix was and as soon as I posted this similar video the thread just pretty much got all quiet, I will assume this will happen again.

Kitchen Aid FTW
Well, ur funneh and that's funny. I own both blenders and although I've never done this exact test, I can assure you that essentially every test or use I've compared between them, the Vitamix is far superior. The KA is great for the price and is a very good blender. The Vitamix is just on a completely other level. Make a strawberry smoothie or margarita and there are seeds remaining with the KA and the drink will separate after a while. The same drink made with the Vita has zero seeds, is much smoother and stays together much, much longer. So, yes the KA will do the job, but the Vitamix does the job much better....unless of course you toss a whole orange in, I suppose.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1353 posts
284 upvotes
ippon wrote: it's a blender, not a juicer, so of course it will have seeds left over.
There aren't always seeds left over, but it takes a very fast blender to eliminate seeds.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
1013 upvotes
N/A
craigdcan wrote: There aren't always seeds left over, but it takes a very fast blender to eliminate seeds.
make me a pom smoothie in a bullet and i'll believe you.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1353 posts
284 upvotes
haha, I hear ya...but the Nutribullet isn't a fast blender.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
I can't vouch for pomegranate seeds but I have seen people use them in smoothies on the facebook recipe page. I do know flax seeds in a blender doesn't work..they just fly around and aren't broken down..in a nutribullet they are ground to powder.
Nov 26, 2003
272 posts
6 upvotes
North York
Thanks OP, ordered one from BBB today. $75+tax delivered to home in 10-14 days.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2005
7180 posts
243 upvotes
Considering one these.... Not sure I'll use it enough to justify the purchase though...
Jun 8, 2013
1 posts
I have been using Nutribullet for the past 4 months now and enjoyed my smoothies almost daily; until this morning....the sharpe blades base after cleaning it ...I noticed rust coming out from the middle part and on both sides. I don't know how long that has been shutting rust flavor into my juice? I am a clean freak and this is not right. I will return it today at BBB for sure. The part is moving up and done so of course some juice and rust can get mix. The part should be sealed but it is not. Be careful future buyer!
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
13010 posts
3095 upvotes
Toronto
Noellee wrote: I have been using Nutribullet for the past 4 months now and enjoyed my smoothies almost daily; until this morning....the sharpe blades base after cleaning it ...I noticed rust coming out from the middle part and on both sides. I don't know how long that has been shutting rust flavor into my juice? I am a clean freak and this is not right. I will return it today at BBB for sure. The part is moving up and done so of course some juice and rust can get mix. The part should be sealed but it is not. Be careful future buyer!
You weren't drying it properly then. I have had it for over 6 months, used at least once daily and no rust. Just make sure you dry it properly.
Deal Expert
Jun 11, 2007
15775 posts
1685 upvotes
Maple Ridge
I used Nutribullet twice a day for more than 6 months now and it is still in good condition.
I love my toy poodle Taffy and making greeting cards:

https://taffylove.com/
Penalty Box
Nov 13, 2010
7814 posts
1867 upvotes
Scarborough
We have the magic bullet, and so far it is ok for grinding spices, herbs, etc.
No issues so far and quality is good too.
It is the smaller version of nutribullet
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3309 posts
761 upvotes
Aurora, ON
I've noticed my nutribullet is getting pretty loud, it seems to be the blade making all the racket so I ordered a new blade from the site, for < $15, which seems reasonable to me.
This youtube video shows the 'new improved' blade,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ_LA2XfOeU
Nov 27, 2004
279 posts
100 upvotes
Calgary, AB
at1212b wrote: You weren't drying it properly then. I have had it for over 6 months, used at least once daily and no rust. Just make sure you dry it properly.
It may also be the old blade vs the new blade. I got one about 3 months ago as a gift and I just watched the video comparing the blades and I have the new one. I've been using it daily ever since I got it and it has been fine. My only complaint is that the travel lids don't have a silicone sealing ring so they are not water tight. So even with the lid on, don't let the cup fall over or it will slowly leak (like in my car). Other than that I've been loving it. I also take out the ring on the blade and rinse it every day. Much easier to clean than the blender since there are fewer pieces.

I also has a cheap single serve Hamilton Beach one years ago and it worked fine fine but gets a burning motor smell after a few months and the blade was at the bottom of the cup and hard to clean. Not sure if they are still like that.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 14, 2007
5038 posts
1459 upvotes
Regina
got one for Christmas, time to hunt the FB page now for recipes…looking for energy and more veggie intake for sure