Home & Garden

Reviews for Quality Duct Cleaning in Ottawa?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2012 8:18 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 24, 2009
385 posts
27 upvotes

Reviews for Quality Duct Cleaning in Ottawa?

My water to air furnace and duct work are spewing out dust, and today dealfind has an $80 special from Quality Duct Cleaning in Ottawa. Has anyone here every dealt with them?
16 replies
Feb 28, 2012
2 posts
KANATA
Hi there,

We have been needing our ducts cleaned for awhile now, but we don't have an immediate problem like you have. I was going to buy the voucher for Quality Duct Cleaning but notice they don't have a website or are not a member of BBB. You really don't know who they are or how good a job they perform or if other people were satisfied with their work. Also, not all companies clean your ducts the same way, or as well as other companies (I've done some research). I am thinking of going with Advanced Air Quality in Stittville because they are so thorough (I keep hoping they will be featured as a deal sometime soon). You can learn alot by going onto their website. The companies that clean your ducts for $99 are generally not as thorough - you get what you pay for.

Good luck!
Jan 9, 2011
373 posts
33 upvotes
I'm also considering buying and even called him, he seemed quite nice on the phone but I'm hesitant.. would love to hear if anybody has used him as well.
Aug 18, 2011
1 posts
I bought a similiar coupon in November for duct cleaning from Max Air. They didn't show up for their appointment and I wasted 4 hours of my time. Thye also didn't respond to my phone calls. I go my money back though.

I suggest you call them first before you buy. Max Air was booked forward for two months.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
31992 posts
6481 upvotes
Ottawa
I have used Dr Duct within the past year. I did some major renovations and needed it. I was very satisfied. Excellent work, very clean, left no mess or even a hint that he was there and the ducts were cleaned very well.
I think the guys name was Mark. he is a BBB member.
http://www.drduct.net/

Like anything else, you get what you pay for. What do you think you will get for $99? I mean, it does not even pay for the time he spends in your house. The thing with duct cleaners, all of them, they have all these options that can provide and of course, it costs money and adds up quickly. Understand what you need and stick with it. I did not get the anti bacteria treatment, nor the odour eliminator, nor the "perfume" and so on. I got a very good job and my ducts were cleaned of all the renovation dirt and dust.
Life is short......Make sure you spend as much time as possible on the internet arguing with strangers about politics :). Anonymous
Mar 20, 2012
1 posts
I purchased this $79 deal with them. The deal is as follows:

"No expiration date. Buy 1 voucher for yourself and unlimited as gifts. Limit 1 voucher per household. By appointment only, please call 613.446.2588 or 1.855.446.2588, for bookings. Package includes duct and vent cleaning for up to 10 vents and a furnace cleaning for your home. Additional vents are $10 and additional furnaces are $49 to be paid directly to Quality Duct Cleaning. "

I have 15 vents in the house, 5 of them permanently closed. This was made clear when the appointment was setup.

Today they showed up and surprisingly didn't look happy, didn't even greet. Came inside, looked around and asked me to make more space around the furnace and went outside for a few minutes. While I was making space around the furnace, one of the guys came back inside and said I had to get ALL the vents cleaned otherwise they couldn't do the work. I was surprised and immediately understood they didn't want to do the work. I reminder him the terms of the voucher (above) to which he laughed and said it DID mean that the house owner MUST get ALL the vents cleaned in the house, otherwise the voucher was not valid.

Well, after that they left. It wasted my time which I took off from work, and now I am wasting more time with Dealfind to get my money back.

Plus, this is second duct cleaning experience with dealfind. The first time the duct cleaning company Duct Doctor never returned phone calls or voicemails or emails, and after two months when I tried to get my money back, dealfind simply said return policy was only for one month.

I would advise not to deal with dealfind on duct cleanings.
May 5, 2012
1 posts
2 upvotes
OTTAWA
This company is a scam . They did a poor job of cleaning (the cold air return ducts are still full of dust). They have no customer service, ie. they don't return phone calls or answer their email. NOT REPUTABLE!!
Aug 1, 2012
1 posts
NAVAN
As with zishanov, we too purchased the deal through Groupon, 10 ducts and furnace cleaning, $89, extra ducts $10 each (cash) extra $90.
Appointment was made, they showed up, and were taken down stairs to furnace room. Without looking at the furnace, they stated a hole had to be cut into the ceiling to access the cold air duct (additional $75). When this was questioned and I offered to cut the required hole myself, it was stated they do not play games, and left, no discussion. Total time in house, less than 5 minutes. Questioned my $89 return, I was told I would not get it back.

Groupon was called, they apologized, stating this was the second complaint in as many days. Money was returned by Groupon within an hour and stated they would not deal with QDC again. Groupon was excellent with this matter.

But as for Quality Duct Cleaning, they do play games, without even starting and being in my house 5 min we were up to $254 plus the time I took off, who knows how much more it would have been had I not questioned their approach.
Sep 5, 2005
175 posts
20 upvotes
Thank goodness I read the posts. I originally bought the Dealfind deal with Quality Duct and I even spoke to the QDC guy before I bought and he seemed okay. I had buyer's remorse and then saw the posts on this thread so I requested a refund from Dealfind. It took two requests but I did get the refund from Dealfind since I was within the 30 day refund window.
Aug 30, 2007
960 posts
15 upvotes
any idea how I can get my refund back with Groupon, gave couple of review sites about the company along with my request to cancel, since I don't want to waste my vacation day with this scam. Get this reply back

""
We typically only offer refunds when there is a problem with the service or if the vendor displays an act of customer disservice. We do not issue refunds based on the experience of another customer or an experience documented on a review website.

Our Groupon Promise exists to protect people from having a poor experience when they use their Groupon. We want our customers to know that we are there for them in case something goes awry when they try to redeem it. It doesn’t happen often, but we’re there in case it does!

We encourage you to try this business. If you have a bad experience when using your Groupon, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

""

so apparently they want me to try them knowing there is a problem with this deal along with the amount of refunds they already given, replied back requested refund again and REFUSED.... wtf?
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
31992 posts
6481 upvotes
Ottawa
chen0289 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2012 9:24 pm
any idea how I can get my refund back with Groupon, gave couple of review sites about the company along with my request to cancel, since I don't want to waste my vacation day with this scam. Get this reply back

""
We typically only offer refunds when there is a problem with the service or if the vendor displays an act of customer disservice. We do not issue refunds based on the experience of another customer or an experience documented on a review website.

Our Groupon Promise exists to protect people from having a poor experience when they use their Groupon. We want our customers to know that we are there for them in case something goes awry when they try to redeem it. It doesn’t happen often, but we’re there in case it does!

We encourage you to try this business. If you have a bad experience when using your Groupon, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

""

so apparently they want me to try them knowing there is a problem with this deal along with the amount of refunds they already given, replied back requested refund again and REFUSED.... wtf?
They are kind of right. How do you know you won't get what you paid for until you let them to do the work? Groupon cannot refund the money unless the work was deficient.
Not defending the company (nor Groupon) but you bought something and are complaining before you even see the product.
Your research should be done before you buy.
Life is short......Make sure you spend as much time as possible on the internet arguing with strangers about politics :). Anonymous
Aug 30, 2007
960 posts
15 upvotes
your right should have checked the reviews before I bought, I actually thought Groupon had a 30day refund policy like Dealfind, that's why I bought the coupon and didn't check for reviews till around 3 weeks after... But if so many customers that already tried their service are getting refunds due to bad service, Groupon should just refund the rest.

I will go ahead and make a appointment then and lets see how good the service is.
Nov 28, 2006
130 posts
18 upvotes
Ottawa
There is another groupon for this company today. I wonder if groupon does any of their own research before allowing such companies to advertise??
Anyway...Be warned!
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
31992 posts
6481 upvotes
Ottawa
********* wrote:
Dec 5th, 2012 8:24 am
R
First post...Katherine, you are not being a shill for these guys by chance? ;)