Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rexall Pharma Plus

[ON, MB, other provinces YMMV] Canadian Tire gift cards 10% off, May 25 - 31

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2018 10:59 pm
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
rc0372 wrote: You stated it right there, it's still a gift card. Just because it's set up like an amex or mastercard doesn't mean it's not a gift card. It just means it'd be able to work around a POS designed to stop the basic gift card from buying another gift card.

Shoppers actually stopped allowing gift card purchases using gift cards, but again, unknowing/uncaring employee may let it through. So essentially ymmv; power to you if you get it to work, but just don't get mad or upset if it doesn't

Anyways, figured i might throw this out there since everyone always asks "can I buy a gift card with a gift card"
Where did you hear about this, was it from head office or just something some store manager "made up"?

As far as I've heard, it's been pretty widely known that Shoppers does not have a problem selling GCs with Shoppers GCs, and Canadian Tire, for example, explicitly states in their store policy that they do not allow it.

I don't understand how being able to buy GCs with GCs would contribute to money laundering as much as you are able to buy GCs with cash.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Aug 20, 2011
613 posts
352 upvotes
Pallet Town
Jon Lai wrote: Where did you hear about this, was it from head office or just something some store manager "made up"?

As far as I've heard, it's been pretty widely known that Shoppers does not have a problem selling GCs with Shoppers GCs, and Canadian Tire, for example, explicitly states in their store policy that they do not allow it.

I don't understand how being able to buy GCs with GCs would contribute to money laundering as much as you are able to buy GCs with cash.
Sigh, I'm not here to argue with you, but:

https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/sea ... ft%20cards

What are the terms and conditions of your Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix gift cards?
SDM Gift Cards -Terms and Conditions

Present your gift card at participating Shoppers Drug Mart® or Pharmaprix® stores and use for payment of products and services. The customer receipt will indicate balance. The card is not redeemable or refundable for cash unless required by law. Lost, stolen or unauthorized use cards will not be replaced or replenished. The card may be recharged with additional money. It cannot be used to purchase additional gift or financial cards. For balance inquiries call: 1 800 974-5399. Shoppers Drug Mart/ Pharmaprix reserves the right to change or discontinue gift card terms and conditions without notice.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
rc0372 wrote: Sigh, I'm not here to argue with you, but:

https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/sea ... ft%20cards

What are the terms and conditions of your Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix gift cards?
SDM Gift Cards -Terms and Conditions

Present your gift card at participating Shoppers Drug Mart® or Pharmaprix® stores and use for payment of products and services. The customer receipt will indicate balance. The card is not redeemable or refundable for cash unless required by law. Lost, stolen or unauthorized use cards will not be replaced or replenished. The card may be recharged with additional money. It cannot be used to purchase additional gift or financial cards. For balance inquiries call: 1 800 974-5399. Shoppers Drug Mart/ Pharmaprix reserves the right to change or discontinue gift card terms and conditions without notice.
Interesting, thanks for the quote.

Assuming this is not new, then it appears this is loosely enforced - at least, it is not enforced at the POS level.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Nov 7, 2017
175 posts
492 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: hmm... Do these cards work for Canadian Tire gas?
b/c if I can get 10% off gas that would be sweeet.
That's the whole point of this thread, bro.
Oct 10, 2017
117 posts
33 upvotes
Barrie, Ontario
thomas341 wrote: Canadian Tire customer service is very good at resolving problems. I had one problem in the past where Sobeys sold an old version card and they sent my a replacement plus an extra $20 card. So you are in safe hands.
Stopped reading there
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
CT GB is way out of the way for us, so this deal is sadly m00t.

Thankfully, nearby we have Costco GB which is always the cheapest., if not I go to the Esso or PC next door which will be within a penny over, but I can use my Scotia Visa 4% CB for the best deal overall.

Even at saving 10%...ughhhhhhh, it'll be zeroed on any savings once I factor in detour fuel cost & TIME wasted. So unfortunate.

LOL @ buying $2500 in GCs. Reminds me of Lifestyle rewards & Memberworks. haha. The days of buying $600 items at Canadian Tire / Sears etc etc with $25 GCs., what an ordeal.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Oct 16, 2010
432 posts
1054 upvotes
Gas prices are wild. Yesterday this would save me another 0.05 over Costco. Today Costco is 0.14 less than regular gas stations, so theres no savings using this method (except no lineup), lol. Some serious price gouging going on.

Can we still earn CT money on their loyalty card if we pay with these gift cards?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3320 posts
1214 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
Proxism wrote: Gas prices are wild. Yesterday this would save me another 0.05 over Costco. Today Costco is 0.14 less than regular gas stations, so theres no savings using this method (except no lineup), lol. Some serious price gouging going on.

Can we still earn CT money on their loyalty card if we pay with these gift cards?
Yes, you still earn CT money on gas when paying with giftcards.
Jan 14, 2017
712 posts
400 upvotes
bargain man wrote: Yes, you still earn CT money on gas when paying with giftcards.
i received $0.20 back for $50 card
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3697 upvotes
dealisdead wrote: i received $0.20 back for $50 card
This must have been a partial gc payment with a non CT credit card used.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2017
1452 posts
888 upvotes
If paid in full with a gc its a better cashback. Using multiple payment methods will cut pff all the cashback almost.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
dealisdead wrote: i received $0.20 back for $50 card
Yes. It CT CC use in non-CT stores only get 0.4%. Therefore, any card is better than using CT CC.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Jan 14, 2017
712 posts
400 upvotes
Kasakato wrote: This must have been a partial gc payment with a non CT credit card used.
Rogues2017 wrote: If paid in full with a gc its a better cashback. Using multiple payment methods will cut pff all the cashback almost.
embguy wrote: Yes. It CT CC use in non-CT stores only get 0.4%. Therefore, any card is better than using CT CC.
i filled up $50 of gas, and paid cashier with a $50 gift card
Dec 13, 2016
499 posts
268 upvotes
bargain man wrote: Yes, you still earn CT money on gas when paying with giftcards.
I was told that you only earn CT money on gas if you fill up more than 15L
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5314 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
cyn88canada wrote: So, I usually leave the gift card posts to @trystee who does a great job, but I know this deal is pretty popular.

Rexall PharmaPlus, in Ontario, will have 10% off Canadian Tire gift cards from MAY 25 - 31

Cheers!
This deal is available in MB as well. OP could you update? I skipped over it because of the ON thread title
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3037 posts
1638 upvotes
ON
JosephL468090 wrote: I was told that you only earn CT money on gas if you fill up more than 15L
to get 10x ct money, you need to fill at least 40L
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3037 posts
1638 upvotes
ON
dealisdead wrote: i filled up $50 of gas, and paid cashier with a $50 gift card
you need 40L to get 10x ct money. currently $50 cannot get you 40L gas. you only got 1x
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3697 upvotes
MrBigNose wrote: to get 10x ct money, you need to fill at least 40L
MrBigNose wrote: you need 40L to get 10x ct money. currently $50 cannot get you 40L gas. you only got 1x
The 40L multiplier min. was about 10 years ago in Ontario.

The Ontario rewards multiplier change weekly, but are subject to this payout chart
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3697 upvotes
dealisdead wrote: i filled up $50 of gas, and paid cashier with a $50 gift card
Post up the receipt if you can, Im curious to see why it was so little. I assume this is also ON?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)